Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Indy wins again! If Minny gets 1st overall now could we work a trade for Luck or Ponder?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Indy wins again! If Minny gets 1st overall now could we work a trade for Luck or Ponder?
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:51PM

Rams,Colts and Vikings all have 2 wins the Luck sweepstakes are offically up for grabs again! Indy fans must be shaking their heads at tonight's win lol.

You know what I'd rather see Luck go to Minny than Indy, no sense an AFC rival of Miami getting a kings ransom for the guy.

Keep Luck in the NFC and maybe work out a trade for Ponder?????

Obviously I'd want Luck first.....

And what of St.Louis? would they stay the course with Bradford? or would they draft Luck?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Indy wins again! If Minny gets 1st overall now could we work a trade for Luck or Ponder?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 07:01PM

why would you want ponder? we need our own QB, he's nothing special
indy is really fing this up for themselves by the way
but I'd rather luck end up in the nfc than with indy if we can't get him, total bs that they'd get manning for 10+ years and then right away get luck b/c he was hurt for the 1st time in his career

Re: Indy wins again! If Minny gets 1st overall now could we work a trade for Luck or Ponder?
Date: December 23, 2011 03:37AM

Ross just may surprise us and sell off a bunch of Picks for that #1 spot. Bottom line is putting asses in seats. The addition of Luck would bring major buzz back to a sorry franchise . Can you imagine the amount of Luck Jerseys alone that would sell!!? He needs this. End of story. he wants to build a water park, get the stadium done over? He needs to put a face to it all. The Dolphins are not a bad team as is. Sell the #1'sand the #2's. Fill the Gaps with what you have left the next 2 seasons. make some smart Free agent moves........And we are a Team that is primed as Luck becomes a seasoned Quarter Back. smileys with beer

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 23, 2011 04:52AM

Actually, if you want butts in the seats, RG3 would be better. He's going to much more exciting to watch than Luck. I'd be happy with either!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 07:15AM

I expect we will make some offers, and Loang is the likley bait

Kipers feeling was indy & Minnesota would take Luck, but Stl would trade down, but you never know, as Bradford has been injury prone

Bradford wouldn't be bad.

Date: December 23, 2011 07:20AM

while I'd include Jake Long in a trade up offer for Luck, I wouldn't in an package for RG3. Too many questions about RG3---size, style of play makes him injury prone, no experience playing under center or in pro style offense.

not to say i wouldn't trade up for RG3, but I wouldn't want to include Long in the package

Date: December 23, 2011 07:53AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> while I'd include Jake Long in a trade up offer
> for Luck, I wouldn't in an package for RG3. Too
> many questions about RG3---size, style of play
> makes him injury prone, no experience playing
> under center or in pro style offense.
>
> not to say i wouldn't trade up for RG3, but I
> wouldn't want to include Long in the package

I have to disagree. Long is great, but I'm worried about his durability. I'd trade Long in a package for RG3 as long as it does NOT include our 1st rounder THIS YEAR. I'd want that so we could draft another LT to replace Long.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2011 07:57AM

Monty.....step away from the egg-nog. You're not moving up without giving up this years #1. NO WAY, NO HOW!

Date: December 23, 2011 08:24AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Monty.....step away from the egg-nog. You're not
> moving up without giving up this years #1. NO WAY,
> NO HOW!

Then we don't trade Long. How about Marshall? Bess? Starks? Sean Smith?

Date: December 23, 2011 08:36AM

it is reported that this year the #1 overall will fetch 3 1st rounders, plus more.

could we get a single first rounder for Bess? Starks? Sean smith? No. So you think we'd get the equivalent of 3 first rounders for them?

Date: December 23, 2011 08:39AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> it is reported that this year the #1 overall will
> fetch 3 1st rounders, plus more.
>
> could we get a single first rounder for Bess?
> Starks? Sean smith? No. So you think we'd get the
> equivalent of 3 first rounders for them?

You're obviously not sold on RG3. Can you explain why everyone else is, then? Consider he may barely make the top 5 because a lot of the bad teams already have QBs.

Date: December 23, 2011 08:46AM

My concerns with RG3--(1) he runs a lot, and running QBs get injured often; (2) he's not that big which makes injury even more likely; (3) he plays out of the shotgun all the time and in a non-pro style offense, and there are questions about how that translates.

All of that makes him less of a "sure thing" then barkley and luck, who are pocket passers and played in pro style offenses. I'd still take RG3 if he fell to us, and I'd consider trading up for him, but not a package including jake long or more than this years' first rounder and next. As much as it pains me to say that b/c we need a QB big time---I think RG3 has very high upside, but also more of a risk of busting. I'd trade this years first, this year's second, next years 3d, and sean smith for him, if they'd take that.

People are high on him b/c he has legitimate track speed, very accurate and put up incredible numbers in college (esp his completion percentage which is probably the key stat)

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 23, 2011 09:18AM

How does Griffin differ from Vince Young, Pat White, or Mike Vick??

Can you win with a scrambling QB that can take a beating by the likes of James Harrison?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 23, 2011 12:38PM

RG3 is not a "scrambling QB".

He is a pocket passer who has the ability to run, if needed.

Its unfortunate that you guys havent paid him much attention.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 23, 2011 01:07PM

Agreed, I watched a couple of Baylor's games this year and he didn't do much running at all. Yes, he has the ability but he looked to pass first from the pocket in every game I saw.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 23, 2011 01:23PM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 23, 2011 01:35PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> How does Griffin differ from Vince Young, Pat
> White, or Mike Vick??

uhh duuhhh.. the spelling is different!!! yeah you ask a supid question you get a more stupid answer... Just because they are they same color doesnt mean there game is the same. How about you watch them play and get your own answer.

> Can you win with a scrambling QB that can take a
> beating by the likes of James Harrison?

Mccoy got knocked out like that cause he was trying to pass and got stuck in limbo. If he committed to run or if it was mike vick running there is no way that harrison would be able to hit vick that clean.

Ken Wrote:
> Agreed, I watched a couple of Baylor's games this
> year and he didn't do much running at all. Yes, he
> has the ability but he looked to pass first from
> the pocket in every game I saw.

And if he did alot of running what is wrong with that???

To be honest i dont get it with these comments. You have an athletic qb with sub 4.5 speed playing qb and noo one wants him to run? Thats the dumbest thing i ever heard. Running is part of the evolving qb's progression. People act like we are talking about denard robinson!!! (who i believe could also be very successful in the NFL)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.