HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Plan B?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Plan B?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 08:23AM

Looks like barkley is not coming out though not official yet.
so what is plan b? RG3 will probably go 2d or 3d. Do we give up next years first and a few more high picks to take him? (gulp) trade down and take someone like tannehil? or (gulp) draft BPA and hitch our wagon to matty moore?
what do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plan B?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 22, 2011 08:31AM

Luck was a sophomore last year so I can understand his decision to stay another year but it would really be foolish for Barkley to stay in school for another year just to chase a Nat'l Champ or a Heisman.

How did that Heisman thing work out for Luck?

Nat'l championship? Get real so many variables?

Although slim, there is always the chance that next year might produce even stiffer competition in the QB category than today? Who would have said last year that some would even argue that RGIII or Matt himself might be a better QB than Luck?

Lastly, and most seriously, is the possibility of getting injured in your senior year in a way that effectively closes out any possibility of a pro career.

If you sustain THAT SAME INJURY in a pre-season pro football training camp, then at least you have signed that big contract that has already set you up for life.

Would be the dumbest move in draft history.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 22, 2011 08:39AM

Sign Flynn from G Bay and let him and Moore battle it out, and/or, trade down and take a developmental type QB a little later.......really our only options at this point.

Date: December 22, 2011 08:41AM

bring back henne as competition for moore? LOL

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 22, 2011 08:57AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bring back henne as competition for moore? LOL

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! moody smiley

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 11:00AM

Landry Jones, if Barkley & RG3 not avail or wait til 2012 and trade up for them, but that isn't easy

Accumulate picks, add the best TE, DE/OLB rusher, OL, WR CB/S

Tannehill, Foles or Cousins later

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 22, 2011 11:42AM

Screwed, screwed, screwed!!! It's a familiar theme. The year we had the #2 pick the "best" QB in the draft was Alex Smith (that's not how it worked out, ultimately, but that was the consensus at the time). When we picked #1 Jake Long ranked ahead of Matt Ryan. Most people thought we made the right decision (!!).

So, going into a year where the QB talent coming out was supposed to rival 1983 (when Marino was drafted), and as time has gone by not only did we lose the chance at a top pick but the QB talent has diminished greatly.

So, where does that leave us? Trading down for picks? Grabbing a RT in the 1st round instead of a QB? Maybe (AGAIN) taking a QB in the 2nd round?!! Ugh! Screwed!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 11:46AM

I would trade a player and the neccesary draft picks to move up and get one of the top 2. I like Moore, but agree we need to groom a QB for the future. RGIII, Moore and Henne, would be a decent Qb roster, and lots of trade value in the future, all 3 can start, and somebody will pay a decent amount, at some point out of need to acquire one of them from us... Then you can make back up for the lost draft picks you gave up move up and get one of the top 2.

Date: December 23, 2011 07:33AM

Date: December 23, 2011 07:39AM

no offense jlyell but that is a horrible idea all around.

First, I doubt STL trades the #2 overall pick for Long and Marshall, they would want more than that, and I don't think I give up Long in a deal to get RG3 (I would in one for Luck, and maybe Barkely if he came out).
Second, why would we want to sign Steven JAckson, who is old and beat up and won't be good in another year (he's just OK now). What good does 3 RBs do for us? there is only 1 ball to go around.
Third, if we take a DL in this draft we are total Morons. That is the one position we DON'T need.
Fourth, from what I've heard about Kellen Moore, he's not NFL material.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2011 07:52AM

Has anyone seen the trade value chart lately?????????? You're not getting to the 1st or 2nd pick with a player or 2, c'mon guys, at least float some realistic ideas here.

Also, I would rather see us move one of our young DB's in a package deal to move up before Long. Moving Long and Marshall would take away the 2 best players to help a rookie QB out.

Date: December 23, 2011 09:27AM

Berkeley, I don't think jackson is done like a Sean Alexander, he is just the only weapon a real bad team, but that is something to think about, and we have Thomas.

he is 28 but still gets 1000 yds on a real bad team where he is the only weapon

As dolphoholic states it would take a big package to get #1, may be better to add more weapons and ride moore, Devlin and later round QB and hope for the best. We are not a QB away, and Moore has played well

Date: December 23, 2011 09:58AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
may be better to add more weapons and
> ride moore, Devlin and later round QB and hope for
> the best

*sob*

Date: December 23, 2011 01:07PM

You won't like my Plan "B". But It won't co$t us much and it will give us a #1 QB Prospect for the future.........

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 23, 2011 01:47PM

I wouldn't trade Long period...nor would I trade Wake, Davis, Smith, Marshall, Bess, Bush, Thomas, Pouncey, Jerry, Soliai, Bell, Wilson, Fields, or Carpenter.

I want a QB as much as everyone does but none of them are worth the loss of any of those players combined with our #1 this year as well as next, and a second and third as well.

We need picks and high ones to boot because we need more quality players than we have right now...the simple additions of a QB and a coach will not get this team over the hump "NEXT YEAR" I'm sorry to say. I'm all for trading up, just not for betting the farm to do it.

Date: December 23, 2011 02:16PM

The reality is unless you trade Long the #1 and some future high picks , we are not getting to #1 or 2 so make the best of where we pick or move down and add additional picks and hopefully we get value and pick up a key player or two via FA. Even top QB's like Griffin are not guaranteed, how many high QB picks have been busts?

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 23, 2011 03:23PM

Given the dwindling amount of quality QBs coming out this year, I think that the question has been rendered academic because there is nothing worth trading him for, particularly if RGIII does not come out and we can't get Luck.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 27, 2011 11:26AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> jlyell13 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> may be better to add more weapons and
> > ride moore, Devlin and later round QB and hope
> for
> > the best
>
> *sob*

LOL at berk ...............yes lets ride moore and one moore 1-15 season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.