HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Barkleys decision coming today
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Barkleys decision coming today
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 22, 2011 05:59AM

We all need to channel our inner Tebow and pray for Barkley to come out this year, he has a press conference scheduled sometime this afternoon........fingers crossed!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Barkleys decision coming today
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:07AM

smileys with beer

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:09AM

`smileys with beer

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:39AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:49AM

Col., how can you say that? This team is totally dysfunctional and has not shown itself to be a place a rookie QB would target as specifically wanting to play for

Date: December 22, 2011 06:55AM

I don't want to douse anyone's hopes, but the rumor on twitter is that both barkely and RG3 are going to stay in school. I don't think I'm buying it. But that would make ireland happy, now he can draft an OL in the first

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 22, 2011 06:58AM

I don't think Barkleys decision is gonna have anything to do with Miami or any other team, i've heard he really likes college life and might stay in. If he stays, do we settle for L. Jones?

Date: December 22, 2011 07:14AM

I don't want jones, haven't been impressed when I saw him. plus there is a rumor he may stay as well.
I don't know anything about him, but tannehill from tex am has got some buzz around him. Gil Brandt said on the radio he was a possibility for Miami. maybe weedon, but he's really old. i wouldn't want to take either of those guys in the top 10 of the draft, however. Trade down? seems like groundhog day....

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 22, 2011 07:14AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think Barkleys decision is gonna have
> anything to do with Miami or any other team, i've
> heard he really likes college life and might stay
> in. If he stays, do we settle for L. Jones?

I do everything we can to trade up for RGIII, but that will be really tough if Barkley isn't in the mix. I'm not sold on Jones.

Date: December 22, 2011 07:43AM

Barkley is staying. Mark it down. Matt Leinert is tweeting he "thinks" he's gonna stay. I am sure he knows. Unless it's just to pressure him to stay.

anyway, I think he stays for a shot at the heisman and nat'l champ next year. Makes sense, I guess, but sucks for us. Now RG3 will get overdrafted and there will be a massive bidding war for him. Not sure if we should give up the farm for RG3, who has more questions about him than Barkley IMO. Assuming RG3 even comes out (I think he will)

Date: December 22, 2011 08:02AM

Does USC have another year of probation?

---------------------

Date: December 22, 2011 08:07AM

no I think they are done and bowl eligible next year

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 22, 2011 08:59AM

So much for the QB-rich draft we thought this was. I'm not sold on Jones, so it's starting to look like a typical draft: a couple good QBs...and everyone else.

Date: December 22, 2011 10:56AM

Berkeley223--
How can I say what I stated? Well the issue may be moot. But good things can happen from disarray. The operative word is "eventual." If the kid is as good as he appears to be, and of course if he elects to be in the NFL draft this coming spring, and the Dolphins have a shot at him, the opportunity to make a success playing in Miami is there. We are so in need of a top QB, that he should be embraced by all. There's something about a top 1st RD draft pick to fire things up, to get things going in the right direction. It's what the team, ownership, management, and the die hard fans need. There's always the possibility the kid could be a flop, for a million reasons, but I'd bet that he'd be a favorite son once he was able to march the team down the field against the Pats or Jets, and take the team to victory. We are in dire need of leadership. Fill the QB position with a leader, get a more with a top coach, and disarray will vanish.

The "fog of war" as they say will always exist, but with good leadership on the field and on the sidelines, they will be equipped to handle adversity (bumps along the way) from week to week.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 22, 2011 11:05AM

And another thing about him being afraid to come to Miami, if he's smart, he'll take a historical view of our franchise.

You can talk about teams getting hot in various periods of time but in baseball you talk about the Yankees and the Dodgers. In basketball you talk about The Celtics and the Lakers. IN college ball you talk about Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, Texas.

In Pro football you talk about the Dallas Cowboys, the Miami Dolphins, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the Oakland Raiders.

When you play for one of those storied franchises, your odds are better than average that if you're any good, you will likely have a great career.

Walking out because he sees himself going to the Dolphins would only be less stupid than going back for his senior year.

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: December 22, 2011 11:12AM

he's staying

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 11:13AM

slipstream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> he's staying

Link?

Date: December 22, 2011 02:32PM

This news makes things more interesting. It will require sheer creativeness now to land a top QB. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: December 22, 2011 03:09PM

Date: December 22, 2011 03:40PM

Brandon Wheeden is 30 years old.

I dont think so homie.

---------------------

Date: December 22, 2011 03:56PM

Guess jesus took the day off again...........sad smiley

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 22, 2011 04:53PM

if RGIII and Landry stay for another year as well, then i think we should work on stockpiling some more picks for next years draft as ammo to snag one of them. while working to improve the rest of the team this off season. im not in favor of taking another 2nd round qb.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.