HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          should and how to use the wild cat
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
should and how to use the wild cat
Posted by: perfectagain? ()
Date: December 11, 2008 08:18PM

True, of late we haven't surprised anyone with the wild cat and have had modest success. Here is how I think we could use it.
We now have the talent to run a no huddle type ala the hated old bills when they lost four in a row. Drop the WC in and out of the no huddle while the defense can't make changes. Let Ronnie throw a fewmore times. Chad can run that offense and it would keep the defense on their heels. At least one drive per quarter doing this and we might just find a ticket to the big dance under our tree.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: should and how to use the wild cat
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 12, 2008 06:59AM

Its funny that you said that. Believe it or not last week sometime I was thinking the exact same thing but havent gotten around to posting it.

It is perfect cause we have ronnie in our normal offense and I think that we should come out throwing the football on 1st down. Say we throw twice and get two solid gains out of a no huddle I think the third play should go right into wild cat. You must also be a genius cause they say that great minds think alike...grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 12, 2008 08:36AM

The problem with the wildcat is that everyone knows we are going to run when we are in that formation. Ronnie (or someone else) needs to pass out of it. Oh, and Pennington is a waseted body out there too because no one thinks he'll be thrown to...I say we should try it. maybe in a goal line set or soemthing. Pennington is the last person on the field the defense would expect to get thrown to.

Without a few new wrinkles the wildcat has worn out it's welcome.

Posted by: miamifann ()
Date: December 12, 2008 12:27PM

It gains positive yards.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 12, 2008 12:34PM

YES we need to see another pass. Actually forget that, we need to practice the passes and bring it out against the JETS in the FINALE

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 12, 2008 12:47PM

I've said before that we need to shift into it and out of it. We need to throw from it also.

Ronnie did throw to Martin last game or the game before for a nice gain and Martin fumbled. We need to pass more from it. I see no reason why Pennington cant go in motion also. That would be confusing too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 13, 2008 02:36AM

Yeah we need to pass more. I think the passes will come in crucial games. We might start to break them out these last three games.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 14, 2008 05:00AM

Keep Pennington away from action. He doesn't need to be taking hits at this point. How 'bout a WILDCAT formation without PENNINGTON on the field.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 14, 2008 11:23AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep Pennington away from action. He doesn't need
> to be taking hits at this point. How 'bout a
> WILDCAT formation without PENNINGTON on the field.

What about Henne instead?

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 14, 2008 11:29AM

what about letting it go.....everyone is using it now....gotta come up with something new.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 14, 2008 11:30AM

PHINSKISS13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what about letting it go.....everyone is using it
> now....gotta come up with something new.

It was good for 16 yards in the key drive for us to run time off the clock. It still has a place in our playbook.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 14, 2008 11:38AM

Sometimes we use it too much even on 3rd downs when we need to pass. As long as we dont have to rely on it as our main offense like we did in the patsy game.

Posted by: fxxkthebills ()
Date: December 15, 2008 10:26AM

....and that's the problem....it becomes predictable and old. Defenses have figured out a way to neutralize the wildcat and are just hoping to see it every game, so that it can get shoved back down the offenses throat. If they want to keep running it, they have to throw some new wrinkles in it and keep it as a wide open attack.
I have spoken.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 15, 2008 11:24AM

Tony is a smart guy. He knows we have a good chance of getting in the playoffs. He is not going to show his cards yet but is waiting for a time we really need it. Maybe against the Jets....

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 15, 2008 11:51AM

KC is playing tough. I think we'll need everything to beat them next week

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 15, 2008 02:29PM

We should keep using the wild kat. We will need it for the playoffs.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 29, 2008 08:37AM

Finally we see the pass from Brown to a wide open receiver and he flat misses it...shame because that play sunday was a good one, srung at just the right time.

Too bad it didn't work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.