HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting senerio.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Interesting senerio.......
Date: December 16, 2011 08:53AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting senerio.......
Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:18AM

If we end up sitting in the top 5, I would rather see us sit back and draft Barkley or RG3 instead of selling the farm for Luck.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:19AM

IMHO, Sell the farm, the car, the wife and the two daughters for Luck.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:26AM

RG3 is intruiging to me. If it's between Barkley and Luck, I'd opt for trading up for Luck.

Date: December 16, 2011 09:30AM

Luck would be the Jolt of lightening this Team needs IMO. We have a pretty decent defense and some gret Offensive weapons. I'd donate a few 1st rounders on a heartbeat for a chance at Luck. But the colts want to still stay low enough for a chance at Barkley or Griffin. So the Phins keep winning its going to get harder and harder for us.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:45AM

It was interesting to hear what their fans think their team's needs are. One fan's proposal was picks + players to make the traded as 'bust-proof' as possible. I hadn't thought of player/pick combo offers. How about something like this year's 1st, next year's 2nd, Soliai and Vontae Davis.

The other interesting thing was the optimism that Manning will be back healthy next year and maybe for a few more. That's best for anyone hoping Indy will trade the pick, obviously.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:14AM

Currently we are picking 7th.

The smart move is to trade with Minnesota.

They drafted a QB and would likely be very interested in stocking up on talent.

This Indy trade talk is to soften Manning and hope he adjusts his contract ( he shouldn't). they are in a tough spot. they may want to get a truckload of picks...but they will find that teams know they are stuck. They may draft Luck and see if they get offers.

We could trade up to 3rd with the Vikes and get RG3 or Barkley and not give up as much.

If we can lose the next 3 games and end up top 5? Then maybe trade for Luck....but moving to 1 from 7 or 8 ? gonna be pretty steep

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:34AM

I'm not sure Minny is sold on their QB. I'd think trading with St. Louis would be more feasible.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:59AM

Date: December 16, 2011 03:51PM

Hey , Griese got 2 Rings! Marino has gatz .......grinning smiley

Date: December 16, 2011 03:55PM

True but my point is Griese had help and Marino had less help and our new QB will have virtually no help so which would you rather have with no other help, Griese or Marino?

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 04:04PM

new QB will have help chyren. if matt moore can win games with this offense then why shouldnt a #1 pick be able to?

i agree with your assessment on luck as more of a griese than a marino but this offense has some weapons to help out along with a few good to great olineman.

Date: December 16, 2011 04:35PM

The answer to your point about Matt Moore is that although he has shown a general effectiveness, given his past history, I don't think many on this board would be willing to give up a shot at either Luck, Barkley or RGIII, if we could get one of them this year. I don't think I am THAT sold on Moore in terms of bypassing a top flight QB in the draft. Moreover, what about his injury? Will he be playing this week?

But of course others can weigh in.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 16, 2011 08:22PM

Minny may not be sold....but...no way they draft Ponder 12th overall and follow that up by drafting a QB again. AND they need more than a QB...so If they can't get Luck, but they can get The #7 pick, a 2nd rounder and another (3rd?) pick...they can get 3 for 1. All likely starters.

Minny will not draft a QB. SO do they take a guy at #3 or trade down and collect picks? The latter makes the most sense for them.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 17, 2011 05:11AM

problem is, clev will trade up and don't they have a ton of picks from the julo jones trade? they will outbid us for the #2 qb. and we'd have competition w was or sea for trade up for the #3 qb. a trade up will be costly (unlike all the years where we couldn't GIVE our pick away in a trade down)
boy i am happy we beat the cheifs, bills, raiders, etc!! so meaningful

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 17, 2011 08:10AM

cleveland is looking dangerous to trade up but im not so sure they wont keep their picks. they have a ton of holes to fill and all those picks will likely net them four or five starters. mccoy has done ok considering that offense has absolutely no weapons. bottom line, unless holmgren falls in love with RGIII or barkley then CLE will use its picks to upgrade its pitiful roster.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 17, 2011 08:41AM

Again, I will say this....

those 4 wins meant absolutely nothing, and set us back another decade.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 17, 2011 10:13AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Again, I will say this....
>
>
> those 4 wins meant absolutely nothing, and set us
> back another decade.

YUP, must concur....Yawn, another decade of 8-8

Date: December 17, 2011 12:23PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Again, I will say this....
>
>
> those 4 wins meant absolutely nothing, and set us
> back another decade.

And Saprano is gone. What did it prove!!? Pisses me off. I guess I like knowing we have a team full of non quitters , but that and a $0.25 gets you a phone call.........

No one will remember the Colts crappy season 2 yrs from now.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 17, 2011 02:28PM

dumping sporano and keeping ireland makes this entire season's frustration completely useless. we needed to wipe the slate clean, now the best we can hope for is more wannstedt type success (no shot in the postseason whatsoever, even if we do make it). Only hope is somehow we end up with luck, barkley, or rg3, and they become pro bowlers for us. If we take any other position, we are screwed, even if that player becomes a pro bowler. Is a pro bowl OL, DL, LB really going to put us over the top? No.

Date: December 18, 2011 07:32AM

I really think Irlend will get the message this time. The fans want a franchise QB. An identity. Not a defensive minded team who hits 48 Yd feild goals. If Not Ross will be the one that Pays.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.