HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          ooops.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ooops.......
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 07:10AM

There should be a law where they would prohibit people to comsume alcohol outside their homes.

JMO.

Alcohol is the same thing as marijuana to me. You do not think right when you use these drugs.

Thats why i drink occasionaly at home thats it.

Who knows how many people drive under the influence and nobody knows.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 16, 2011 07:34AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There should be a law where they would prohibit
> people to comsume alcohol outside their homes.
>
>

But then you're putting millions of people out of work: the employees of any bar, or any restaurant that serves Adult Beverages.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 07:58AM

We tried prohibition once. Didn't work

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: December 16, 2011 09:31AM

It does not matter the details.

IMHO, (and the in the United Staes Law) there is no justifiable reason to beat down someone like this (unless it is in self defense - and I do not think the condition of this man showed that someone was only defending themselves).

The people (or person's) that beat this guy up should be in jail. Period.

Date: December 16, 2011 10:07AM

JC Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There should be a law where they would prohibit
> > people to comsume alcohol outside their homes.
> >
> >
>
> But then you're putting millions of people out of
> work: the employees of any bar, or any restaurant
> that serves Adult Beverages.

Make them sell other things instead of booze. There are a gillion things out there you can sell and make a profit of.

Date: December 16, 2011 10:53AM

like what? candy? yeah that will replace the billion dollar bar/brewery/distillery/industry. and make this country a horrendus place to live.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 16, 2011 10:55AM

Not taking any position. Information only. But you gotta explain the last half of the last sentence to me, berk.

Date: December 16, 2011 10:59AM

Yeah candy is the only product there is in america.....BTW candy is a huge
seller too.

Horrendous place to live?

At least there wont be any more incent killed by drunk drivers. They should had done it a long time ago. Booze KIlls...>They should get rid of tabacco as well.

Date: December 16, 2011 11:00AM

And tabaco is even worse....Second hand smoke kills!

I wish they would get rid of it.

Date: December 16, 2011 11:03AM

BTW it can't get any worse than it is already. EDIT...The economy i mean.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2011 11:04AM by samsam3738.

Date: December 16, 2011 11:05AM

And they thought barrack Obama was going to fix this mess. He has gotten this thing into worst shape than it was.

Date: December 16, 2011 11:06AM

GOOOOOOOOO democrats....the comunists of the world.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: December 16, 2011 11:10AM

ok thought this thread was off track in finding humor in a man getting beat down by a group of 7 but now soem of you are trying to get rid of my booze...not sure i want to be associated with anything in this thread

Date: December 16, 2011 11:27AM

Hahaha..

Wow getting rid of booze and now Political talk? Wow we're flirting with disaster here

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 16, 2011 12:08PM

Ok JC sorry i brought it up. Sorry guys. Back to football people. I apologize to everyone.

Im republican BTW.

OK IM done now.

GO PHINS.

Date: December 16, 2011 01:08PM

no beer and no tv makes berkeley go something something

Date: December 16, 2011 03:55PM

No way I'm paying $7 for a Baby Ruth at the Stadium .

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: December 17, 2011 05:59AM

Back to the topic at hand...

If you guys don't think any part of that story was sensationalized then you're delusional. Especially coming out of the northeast market. Also, typically a story like this is reported by a single outlet then distributed among the associated press word for word, with no fact checking. So even though multiple outlets are reporting it, none are verifying the accuracy.

While I don't condone any of it, the fact that someone is claiming that someone said the people of NY deserved 911 is most likely false and a tactic to cover of that most likely the Jet fan probably initiated the fight. This is most likely a way to push for harsher punishment for the people who beat up the jet fan.

Either way, no one deserves to get beat up like that, but stooping to saying that this was a hate crime by claiming 911 is somehow involved is pretty far fetched.

Just my extremely educated opinion.

Date: December 17, 2011 07:03AM

if by "educated" you mean based on absolutely no knowledge of what actually transpired, sure

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: December 18, 2011 01:49PM

Yes. My educated opinion. Slightly more plausible than your blind belief in the first hand account of the story from the victim's sister.

She's probably completely unbiased and accurate and completely unaffected by the savage beating of her brother.

Get real.

As I already stated, I don't condone any of it. But the likelihood of this story being 100% accurate is 100% improbable. So just because a printed story of the other side of the story isn't readily available, being that one single source has published their side, doesn't mean that there aren't differences either.

Many people discredit criminals because of their profile and a story said about them. Often times evidence proves otherwise. Do you blindly believe everything you read simply because you haven't heard the other side? My "education" leads me to believe that the truth is in the middle. There's ALWAYS implausibility.

berkeley223 Wrote:
> was there any report in the story of anyone saying
> it didn't happen that way? It is certainly not
> implausible that this is what happened---and there
> is no other version out there, so I can't see how
> you can just discredit it, unless it is to make
> you feel better about being gleeful about someone
> getting beaten half to death for wearing a
> football jersey by people who made disgusting
> comments about 9/11

Date: December 18, 2011 05:09PM

But the story of the victim's sister is what is called in the law "evidence." Now, not all "evidence" necessarily is true or has to be believed. She may be lying or she may be telling the truth and even if telling the truth may be accurate or inaccurate but it is eyewitness testimony and constitutes "evidence."

Now, the belief that the "evidence" may be inaccurate or exaggerated based on the emotional state of the victim or the bias of fans is "speculation" because it is not based on evidence but merely based on the "possibility" that the evidence may be wrong or exaggerated.

An opinion based on speculation is therefore not evidence but can only remain "speculation" until supported by evidence no matter how much based on common experience and probability that "speculation" may be.

Date: December 19, 2011 03:44AM

Chyrene, Your talking like this is a courtroom and that "Evidence" has been presented and entered in a court a Law. This is a sensationalized 1 sided account. Even you have to agree we have not heard anything from the Suspects in the case. Nothing , Zero , its as 1 sided as it gets. Why? Becuase the Press dug the Victim's account , thought it made a great story , and as usual reported what sells news. No need to dig further, they got what they wanted.

I think what everyone is trying to say here all along is that no one condones the beating of a person, but the way it was reported just makes this Jets fan out to be some kind Innocent Mytar. Now the symbol of 9/11 and Poor Victimized New York City. Bull Sh*t. And you know it.

Date: December 19, 2011 08:48AM

My post was a comment on the dispute between berk and ihatebrady.

It did not take a position on whether the account was true. In fact, I said evidence can be false and even if the witness believes it, he can be inaccurate.

Damn, Treasure as a former cop, you should know how to analyze a statement or a position.

Date: December 19, 2011 12:55PM

And as a lawyer you definitely know how to be a blackbelt in Bullshit.

Date: December 19, 2011 04:39PM

Geez, aren't we touchy?

Date: December 19, 2011 08:35PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> And they thought barrack Obama was going to fix
> this mess. He has gotten this thing into worst
> shape than it was.

RESPONSE: I had missed this comment originally. I just read it and was rolling on the floor with laughter.

The reason I laughed is that I recall that I had a summer job at UCLA in the summer of 1967 at the Institute of Traffic and Transportation Engineering where we were doing the seat-belt study that led to the placement of seat belts in all cars.

I remember one of the two guys that ran the study saying "My God. They blame President Johnson for everything. If your mother-in-law comes to stay in your home for a couple of days, it's Lyndon Johnson's fault."

LOL. LOL.

Date: December 20, 2011 04:44AM

Chren barack obama doesnt get all the blame. This mess was in terrible shape when he took office.........

The thing thats funny is how people who voted for him thought they were voting for someone who was going to fix things in this country.

They could had voted for GOD and god wasnt going to fix this mess.

IMHO he has gotten this country into worse shape than it already was.

PS. It was a great plan Plan to raise taxes, and tax health care benefits.

Date: December 20, 2011 04:49AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
>
> PS. It was a great plan Plan to raise taxes, and
> tax health care benefits.

PPS: Here's another great plan: Let's talk about the Miami Dolphins instead of politics!

Date: December 20, 2011 05:21AM

let's close this thread. it's already covered politics, prohibition, cheering beat downs, media bias, and now tax policy.

Date: December 20, 2011 05:26AM

berkley stop been such a baby if you dont like this thread just dont click on it.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.