HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          stupid idiots all of them!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
stupid idiots all of them!
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: December 12, 2011 04:54PM

so now what folks?? everyone wanted sparano gone, and for good reason but they kept the moron ireland! i mean just how stupid is this organization? one wants a new young coach, one wants a old proven coach? i mean the damn owner and Ireland cant even agree on what coach they want. Hey ross do yourself a favor, and everyone else and quit being a pathetic old piece of stupid crap, and fire Ireland now, and start over with however the hell you want and let them get there own gm. Your an idiot i hope this freakin team tanks for years. stupid stupid stupid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: stupid idiots all of them!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 12, 2011 05:18PM

Ross is keeping Ireland not only because he did a good job. But, because Ross himself really dosen't know anything about how to put together a team, or how to select a head coach.

He's an owner that knows very little about these things so he has to have someone he trusts to help him make these decisions. I'm also sure that he's talked to people that he trusts such as Peterson and Shula, among others...maybe even Parcells (heaven forbid) to get information.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 12, 2011 05:32PM

Date: December 12, 2011 06:43PM

Well he did...in the one draft he had total and complete control of we hit on 50% of the players. Pouncey, Thomas and Wilson were all very good picks and Gates and Clay have shown flashes and look promising. Kearse is the only guy that isn't on the roster...everyone else is contributing.

Even the best GM's don't do better than 50% often.

Then he brought in Daboll, Bush, Moore, and promoted Dorell...all good to great moves.

Incognito Columbo, and Garner were the only mistakes...but to be fair Incognito looked like a good Guard/Backup in the running game at the time and Garner was supposed to be a backup while we waited on Jerry to mature.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 12, 2011 06:51PM

oh please ken, you are delusional
if you ignore every mistake, and categorize the few decent players and non-obvious-busts as "very good," then yes, ireland is a wonderful GM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 12, 2011 08:29PM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your an idiot i hope this freakin team
> tanks for years. stupid stupid stupid

Wow, that's a brilliant piece of literature right there.

You hope our team tanks for years. This even outdoes dolfan1 who hopes we tank every year, but just for the current season, then renews his wish at the start of every subsequent season. You on the other hand, are going with a multi-year suck-plan right from the get-go.

I'm not happy about the current situation either, but I actually want my team to do well. I'm crazy that way.

Date: December 12, 2011 09:25PM

Maybe he thinks that Jay Fiedler is still quarterbacking for us.

Date: December 13, 2011 02:20AM

Baby steps people, baby steps. How do we know Irelend will make it after the Season? Ross needed to clean out the coachs office so he could start talking to the others. 2 other current Vacancies around the NFL , he wanted to get on the ball.

Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: December 13, 2011 03:13AM

JC and Chyren first of all let me say that i have been a fan for about 39yrs now. If you look at my name you will see that i hate fiedler, however i would take him in a heartbeat over the past 5yrs worth of shit that has put on a phins uniform. but enough of that. The reason i want this team to tank for years is that obviously the only way to get rid of all the dead weight and freakin heartless losers and thats only the owners and office and coaches lol is to lose terribly and get rid of one of them each year. This team is a huge joke. I mean for crying out loud, you fire the coach and keep the GM?? HMMMMMMM i have cancer in my arm, so take my finger and i will be cured? freaking stupid ass people. You have to get rid of everything bad and start all over. Seriously guys if you were coaches in this league, would you play for a owner like ross? with a gm like ireland that you have to conform with and some of these crap players??? I dont think so.... It is already setting the next up for failure.

Date: December 13, 2011 06:59AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> oh please ken, you are delusional
> if you ignore every mistake, and categorize the
> few decent players and non-obvious-busts as "very
> good," then yes, ireland is a wonderful GM

Berk: No one is delusional. Just exactly what non-obvious busts did I say were very good. The only players that I mentioned in that category were Pouncey, not even close to a bust, Thomas, also not a bust, and Wilson, not a bust either.

The fact is Parcells called the shots on players, not Ireland before this last draft...those are the players I give Ireland credit, and blame for. I don't care that he was technically the GM...he was not calling the shots by himself. I also did mention his mistakes, maybe, just maybe, you (and others) are delusional in your belief that he did a poor job.

Date: December 13, 2011 08:17AM

fiedlerhater Wrote:
> JC and Chyren first of all let me say that i have
> been a fan for about 39yrs now. If you look at my
> name you will see that i hate fiedler, however i
> would take him in a heartbeat over the past 5yrs
> worth of shit that has put on a phins uniform.

I don't know how you're going to take this but I always kinda liked Jay Fiedler. I definitely think he was the best QB we had since he himself played. Chad P. would have been better if he had a stronger arm and Chad H. would have been better if he had a stronger brain.

But given the deficiency of those two, Fiedler was definitely the best QB we had since he played.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 13, 2011 11:52AM

I'm not so sure Ireland stays if Cower or Gruden were to say yeah I'll do it if I got the whole thing.

Ross has time to figure that out and give a reasonable explanation to both ireland and the public if he does so.

- I'm going all in on Cower or Gruden, no one would blame him.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:22AM

A "young Don Shula"= Gruden
I think that's who Ross really wants.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:25AM

I wouldn't think twice to hire gruden or cowher. Either would make wonderfull respected coaches.

Someone finnally who knows what it takes to win.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 14, 2011 04:28AM

Sparano was the opposite of that. He was a good guy but he was lost with the fist pumps.

I understand getting that excited if you are in overtime and you score with a winning fieldgoal.

I guess sparano didnt know that you do not win in this league scoring fieldgoals.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 14, 2011 07:12AM

socalphin Wrote:
> A "young Don Shula"= Gruden

I don't see that comparison at all. In fact,

"young Don Shula"= Fisher

Here's why:

Shula was a former NFL DB. Fisher was a former NFL DB. Gruden didn't play pro football.

Shula lost a Superbowl with Baltimore. Fisher lost a Superbowl with the Titans. Gruden WON a Superbowl with Tamba Bay.

Shula went from HC with Baltimore straight to HC with Miami (no career in between). Fisher is currently unemployed looking for a HC job. Gruden has had a successful career as a commentator for many years and hasn't coached in quite some time.

Shula believes in the value of a young QB and building through the draft (Griese, Marino). Fisher believes in the value of a young QB and building through the draft (Steve McNair, Vince Young). Gruden inherited QBs who signed as FAs (Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson).

Gruden is NOTHING like Shula. Fisher is much closer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.