HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          bye bye top QB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
bye bye top QB
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 06, 2011 06:30AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bye bye top QB
Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: December 06, 2011 06:50AM

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: December 06, 2011 09:39AM

What? let's lock up Moore for 7 years!

just kidding.

I think we could trade up with the Rams, Vikes, or Jags. Those teams have a young QB and are more than 1 player away. Even the Panthers could be a trade partner depending on who is on the board.

Speculating on what we would have to give up is a bit difficult right now. But if the draft was today?

Trading from 9 to 6th could be done for our 1st, 3rd and 6th. But I would wait until the Panthers are on the clock and someone is on the board. Risky.

Trading from 9th to 4th would ensure we get 1 of the top 4 QB's. This would cost our 1st, 2nd and 3rd. or 2 1sts and a 3rd. I would be more inclined to trade next year's 1st rounder to give us the ability to add a 2nd rounder who could start.

Irrespective of how Moore does the rest of this year, or if we keep Tony S. and/or Jeff Ireland...we need to draft a QB higher than the 2nd round.

Date: December 06, 2011 10:00AM

First things first. If we do not have a new Head coach that respects the position enough to actually want more then a caretaker, we won't get a QB no matter were we are in the draft. DUMP SAPRANO......then Tell Irlend to get a franchise QB or follow his ass out the door.

Then see where we are and who is around . here is still some very good options after the Top Three. Just look at who next years Andy Dalton is?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 06, 2011 10:43AM

A guy I like in the midlle first round is Kirk Cousins

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 06, 2011 10:51AM

This is terrible for our franchise.

We better trade up. If not, I will be pissed. This franchise will stink for the next dozen years.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 06, 2011 11:04AM

so one way to look at it---is the fleeting joy of beating a crap team worth a 2d round pick? b/c that is what each additional win is costing is. To move up from outside the top 10 to top 4, in a year where there will be a battle to trade up (unlike every year we want to move down with no takers), is going to cost us multiple high picks, including next years' #1

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 06, 2011 12:24PM

we are done, us winning is killing our future sad smiley

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 06, 2011 01:13PM

dolfan1! How do the Pats see their chances this playoff season?

What do you and the other Pats fans think about it?

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 06, 2011 02:49PM

Trding up is not something we can afford to do...we need all of our draft picks and we need to get at least three new quality starters out of the 2012 draft. I feel the dismay, regarding our draft day slip, but we still have a shot at RGIII, Jones or Foles...any of them would be good competition for Moore/Henne/Devlin, JMO.

Date: December 06, 2011 03:11PM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trding up is not something we can afford to
> do...we need all of our draft picks and we need to
> get at least three new quality starters out of the
> 2012 draft. I feel the dismay, regarding our draft
> day slip, but we still have a shot at RGIII, Jones
> or Foles...any of them would be good competition
> for Moore/Henne/Devlin, JMO.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Ken,

We have lost on RG3, probably Jones too, Foles is not a definate upgrade, so we are screwed.

The winning we have done has set our franchise back a decade. This is the worst thing that could have happened to us.

---------------------

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: December 06, 2011 03:42PM

Date: December 06, 2011 04:16PM

It took the Suck for Luck campaign o finally fire up Saprano and this Team to win. They are winning, they are motivated to show US. They are getting the last laugh , and Ross is crazy if he leaves this coach in place after much too little WAY too late.

Ross needs to know he is throwing away his Teams future and Years of income and Ticket sales by missing on one of these elite QB's. If he is that stupid then he will find out.

We do have some great Plan "B's" though. Case Keenum had a sick year.I know he is 28 but Weeden would do well challenging Moore. Tannehill, Cousins, There is a great Value QB in there , a sleeper like Andy Dalton.

Date: December 06, 2011 04:26PM

we can trade up, why not? a 10-15 first rounder, next first rounder, and a 2d or 3d and another pick should get us in the top 10. look what the jets gave up to move up a few years ago, and the falcons to move up 20 spots last year? less than that. it can be done, why not by us? I agree, most of the picks we'd have would be squandered on pat white types anyway. let's go all in for barkley, or a little less in for rg3. I'll pass on landry jones, who may be there at 10-15 anyway

Date: December 07, 2011 06:15AM

Guys,

In my opinion...we are an elite QB away from being a deep playoff playing team.

We better do what we can to get Luck, Barkley, or RG3.

---------------------

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: December 07, 2011 06:23AM

agreed. the only positions that we would absolutely have to upgrade are RT and FS. and FS could probably get by another year with Jones/Culver.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 07, 2011 06:54AM

I'm risk saying if RG3 wins the Heisman he'll be the 2nd QB taken (Yes, over Barkley). I'd be happy with ANY of the top 3 QBs right now. We NEED to trade up!!!

Date: December 07, 2011 07:21AM

would you give up this year's number 1, next year's number 1, this years #2, and next years #3 to get barkley or griffin? so this year we would not pick again till the 3d, and next year we'd have only a 2d)? I think I would tho it would be painful. More willing to do it for barkley. I'd rather have the pain of losses this year than have to do that, but the team is just not cooperating!!

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 07, 2011 07:44AM

Blah blah. Yea yea. Grow up.

The program is absolute dominant RT and then LG and RG in the road grader mold. Whatever spare change we have left – add OLB pass rush and a deadly enforcer safety (someone willing to cripple TE’s running across the middle or anywhere else for that matter).

With the above in mind, we’ll be one (maybe two) awesome Ireland drafts away from completing the framework, which includes a dominant TE and adding 1 or 2 young development QB prospects – like the dudes we’ve been passing on every year.

Bottom line, and in support of pizza eaters everywhere:

Project BIG must be fulfilled!

Why?

Because we’ve already invested 4-years and countless draft cache in the process.

Final analysis: a fancy ass QB with nice hips and Joe Boxers isn’t the answer at this point. As they say in New Haven, faahgettabout it!

The answer is: BIG and NASTY. And maybe
a few nude cheerleaders

That’ll bring the fans back in droves!

Go BIG!. Go Large! Go Miami!

BNF.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:01AM

I'm with you. We need a QB. There aren't that many holes on this team otherwise. I'd give up our entire 2012 draft for Barkley or RG3.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:02AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> we are done, us winning is killing our future sad smiley

This is how he put it at the beginning..........

dolfan1 Wrote:
> we are done, us winning is killing our future smiling smiley

Now this is how it should had been according to his true colors..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2011 08:04AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:04AM

Seriously, Reggie and Thomas behind a dominant OL (preferably grass fed) with Moore maturing and a crazy pass catching TE with 11 fingers + Bess and Gates and Marshall (oops, I dropped another TD again) and that white guy what’s his name (Hartline) and watch out!

All we have to do is keep Vontae hung-over free and light a fire under Misi’s ass with a terrorist S and a better long snapper and we’re in the mix BIG TIME!

Pump the FG fist all the way to the Lombardi position!

BNF.

Date: December 07, 2011 08:17AM

QB is the answer for us, Berk and Monte.

We need one bad. We should be willing to give up whatever picks we can to get one of the top 3.

---------------------

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 07, 2011 08:21AM

montequi Wrote:
> I'm with you. We need a QB. There aren't that
> many holes on this team otherwise. I'd give up
> our entire 2012 draft for Barkley or RG3.

I'd be willing to give up the entire 2012 draft and next year's #1.

The madness has to stop. Go all in on a quarterback. What's the worst that can happen? Another few years of 7-9? I'm numb to that already.

Date: December 07, 2011 08:25AM

I think I am on board with R/Jay on this.

If an entire draft of picks got us an elite QB...I would take that in a heartbeat.

---------------------

Date: December 07, 2011 08:36AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I think I am on board with R/Jay on this.
>
> If an entire draft of picks got us an elite QB...I
> would take that in a heartbeat.

If we would had done this 9 or 10 years ago we would have a great QB right now.....Just imagine all the qbs we passed on brees, Ryan two of the ones we passed on.

Date: December 07, 2011 08:38AM

I think the qb from green bay even we passed on him I believe. Its crazy when you think about it.

Date: December 07, 2011 08:40AM

Yes we would had gotten some scrubs but we would have the superstar qb we need right now......Anyways the mayority of the players we got instead of them were busts....

Date: December 07, 2011 08:43AM

Other than jake long for matt ryan everybody else we got instead of brees and the GB qb who were they does anybody recall?

And we definetely would be doing way better if we had a qb like ryan instead of jake long....

Way easier to get a tackle who plays well than a great qb.

Date: December 07, 2011 08:45AM

BTW im not complaining........Im happy jake long is a member of this team...........Just hope they concentrate on drafting a qb from now on. especially this year we are drafting in the top 10.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.