Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Are The Jest Collapsing, or is SF That Good?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Are The Jest Collapsing, or is SF That Good?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 08, 2008 08:32AM

I'm actually quite amazed that the Jest couldn't win in SF. SF has a a lot of weapons on offense - and have started executing since they benched that INT machine in favor of the highly efficient Hill.

But SF's defense just plain sucks. I would have expected Farve and Co. to kill them, but they didn't. So I gotta think that the Jest are in a late season tail spin. That the wear and tear of the season is breaking down the old man, that Mangini can't coach when it matters, that playing rookies in the secondary has finally caught up.

But I'm a little worried about this weeks game. Like we did, SF held Buffalo to 3 two weeks ago. And I'm not sure that Singletary hasn't added an element of toughness to that team. He was very well thought of as a LB coach, and I can imagine that his first order of business once the idiot coaching the team before him got canned was probably getting the defense straitened out.

I'm afraid if we have one trap game left in the season, its this one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are The Jest Collapsing, or is SF That Good?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 08, 2008 09:05AM

I do not know much about SF defense but if you are right we should be able to score enough points to win the game and we are at home so thats an advantage right there.

I say our defense comes up big with joey porter adding 3 sacks to his team leading 16.5.

Their leading rusher frank gore had a sprained ankle last week. That should slow their running game. I trust our rushing defense enough to nearly blank them especially without gore. Even if he plays it wont be the same. He was in serious pain yesterday. Reminded me of smiley when he was coming off the field.

I was impressed the way our rushing defense held the bills to about 45 yards running the ball. They should be even better this week against the lowly 49ers.

Date: December 08, 2008 09:07AM

BTW the bills have one of the tallest and heavies offensive lines in football. OUR D line did a terrific job yesterday against the run.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 08, 2008 09:50AM

We are not the jets. Point and case. We must protect our house and the jets falling to the 49ers plays in our favor cause we have something to focus on. They beat the bills and the jets so we dont want to be next. This is no longer a trap game.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 08, 2008 10:29AM

Mike Martz's offense is scary but we can take em!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: klong56 ()
Date: December 08, 2008 12:18PM

"If you stop the run, we can have some fun" Joey Porter

I think that will be the case again next sunday, especially with Gore being hampered by a sprained ankle. If we shut down their run game, we'll be able to get after Hill and the D should have another big day. The only thing that scares me is when we rush the qb, we leave open lanes for the qb to take off as we saw yesterday again Losman. A smart qb will exploit that and hurt us especially on third downs.

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 08, 2008 03:08PM

I think the Jets went into a bit of a tailspin. You could tell from the first play when SF tried the onside that they were going to play loose and free, and with intensity, and you could tell by the Jets punting 4 plays later that they were just playing not to lose.

SF is the only team to win coming east, and going west is almost as bad. I'm glad we get the home field this weekend. I think the big difference between this year and last is that we're winning close games and I think we'll carry through this weekend.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: December 08, 2008 05:01PM

we're gonna win this one. Jets suck.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 08, 2008 05:13PM

San Francisco is playing much better under Singletary. This won't be an easy win.

Date: December 09, 2008 03:55AM

I know the phin players are smelling playoffs. San fran has nothing to play for. But you are right, this won't be an easy victory. They seem to be playing well for singletary.

I'm confident sparano won't let his players take this game lightly.
We are at home and the players and crowd will be pumped!!!!!!smileys with beer

Phins 27
SF 17

GO PHINS.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 04:14AM by samsam3738.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.