HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I am in the 1%....... I want sparano to stay
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I am in the 1%....... I want sparano to stay
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 10, 2011 08:48AM

Looks like a chokehold to me. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Seriously though, you don't have to stay mad at the guy forever, particularly when he is doing what you want and following your commands.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 12, 2011 12:23PM

Um.....GUESS NOT. Bye Tony! Stay warm up North!

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: December 13, 2011 08:10AM

I have to admit i was leaning towards keeping him IF he would show he had learned to play to win and keep the pedal to the metal scoring points.

However, in the EAgles game when they took the 7 pt lead and the defense was dominating i thought they would sit on that lead. They get the ball back on the 40 and run up middle to straight plays. then hope for a 3rd and 7 first down, but very content to kick the FG.

What coaches plays to kick a 55 yard FG instead of trying to get a TD?

I was done with Tony forever at that point.

Date: December 13, 2011 08:14AM

Like I said, I missed everything from the 1st Dolphin touchdown to where the score was 24-7 against us.

Can you say what quarter that was so I can't look it up on NFL.com and perhaps see a replay?

Date: December 13, 2011 10:29AM

That game was amazing. That first fade pass to Marshall was a work of art. Marino couldn't have placed it better. Then it went from one of the best Plays I've seen all year, to the worst. Then Tony kicks a 55 yarder with only a 7 point lead in the 1st quarter. Seriously? Bye Tony , you have No one to blame but yourself.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 13, 2011 10:57AM

the first drive Long was in the game, Then we missed a FG and gave the Eagles great field postion, they scored. Then as soon as long went out and Garner was getting abused the whole line started to unravel... Garner gets bullrushed so hard on the next play, he thrown about eight feet into Moore as he is throwing, which turns into an interception.. The eagles score again with amazing field position. At this point they knew ur oline couldnt stop them, and we just kept getting abused.....end of story... For those that want to question what Long brings to the team, you saw it right there... With him dominating, we played well. As soon as he was out, Moore was getting crushed....

Date: December 13, 2011 11:00AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like I said, I missed everything from the 1st
> Dolphin touchdown to where the score was 24-7
> against us.
>
> Can you say what quarter that was so I can't look
> it up on NFL.com and perhaps see a replay?

it was after we missed the FG on our second offensive drive. SO somewhere in in the middle to the end of the 1st qt, until the end of the second we came apart..

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 13, 2011 11:36AM

Granted we had OL issues, but that doesn't explain why we gave up so many points.

It does matter however if the defense is on th efiled all day.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 13, 2011 11:45AM

Phinjim Wrote:
> Granted we had OL issues, but that doesn't explain
> why we gave up so many points.
>
> It does matter however if the defense is on th
> efiled all day.

This season we have seen a very strange phenomenon: QBs affecting the defense on their own teams. Just look at Indy (Manning), Denver (Tebow), and us (Moore). On those 3 teams, the defense has played better (or worse) under specific QBs. I have no idea why, but it's happening!!

Date: December 13, 2011 12:01PM

Sorry.......Long is not on the deffense. We were playing good ball on the D. Why go for a 55yd? We gave them great feild posistion and it was downhill from there. Saprano just does NOT get the mental aspect of this game.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: December 13, 2011 12:08PM

Interesting point Monteque.

Agree that Sparano decisions have sucked. We may have had the recent win run due to the defense getting inspired by the offense.

We are soooo fragile as a team, it is time for change, as difficult as that has been, maybe we'll get a winner this time and get on a tear like some of the recent new coaches have shown can happen.

I fopr one was done with this regime when we went 0-7. I have no more patience for bringing that kind of team to the season. We need a leader who can get it done from the get go.

Hoepfully we have one next season to build on the talent we have.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 13, 2011 12:21PM

So what an interesting weekend. I split home to go overseas for a vacation and wadda ya know the poo hit the fan.

I was all for supporting TS to stick around if the team could finish strong, but had a feeling another loss would put a fork in it all. Sure enough. Well so be it. Great guy...really a players coach...I feel bad for him & them, but it's time to move on.

I just hope that the next coach here will be a savvy one when it's time to play the game.

Date: December 13, 2011 12:32PM

Phinjim Wrote:
> Granted we had OL issues, but that doesn't explain
> why we gave up so many points.
>
> It does matter however if the defense is on th
> efiled all day.

sure it does, after long went down and triggered by the short field or interceptions or fumbles by Moore due to lack of protection , we gave them short fields, which is why they scored. When you cant advance the ball ten yards after they score. And punt from your own 20 or less, you give them short fields and keep putting a tired defense on the field... not to mention the turnovers due to pressure

Date: November 11, 2013 08:47PM

*bump*

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 12, 2013 03:26AM

Yup same old problem.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.