HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I am in the 1%....... I want sparano to stay
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: I am in the 1%....... I want sparano to stay
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: November 14, 2011 03:09PM

If Sparano can pull out a winning season then keeping him would clearly be in the best interest of this team.

I want what is best for this team to win. Give him a complete offseason and another solid draft.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make it 2%
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 14, 2011 03:11PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Subject to the conditions you specified, and
> without Ireland, I concur.

thumbs upthumbs up
Thanks, I dont feel so all alone....lol

Date: November 14, 2011 03:17PM

Sorry. He's a nice guy. Probably a decent Line coach, but he does not know how to manage the clock, and I'm sorry, any guy that fist Pumps feild goals after failing to score from a 1 st and goal , 3x in a row........just ain't got it. Tony plays Not To lose , NEVER to win. Only recently when he thought he was all but gone did he throw caution to the wind. You give him the security of another season and he will go right back to his old chicken shit , micro manager ways.

If I was oliver Luck and I saw that Miami did not bring in a new coach I'd tell them not to draft my son becuase he will sit out. He does not give anyone the best oppourtunity to win.

Date: November 14, 2011 03:52PM

the key is the ability to take the biggest negative we face and turn it into a positive the key to most success and something few coaches can pull off, if Sparano pulls it off, he has a special quality that will ultimately lead to success

Posted by: Khaziglu ()
Date: November 14, 2011 07:01PM

The fact that the team still plays hard speaks volumes. But something is wrong with play calling etc .... If he can speak to that and address it I am all for him staying.

Date: November 14, 2011 07:37PM

You guys are Funny. The Dolphins win Two games against shitty teams and all of a sudden you want Saprano to be coach of the year . we were on a 10 game losing streak from last year! He coached this team into losing to the Broncos with a 15 point lead with 5 minutes left in the game! It was SAD. I was there. He does not have it. Thats the #1 Issue this team needs to address the day after this season is finally over. Bye bye Tony.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: November 15, 2011 02:31AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> You guys are Funny. The Dolphins win Two games
> against shitty teams and all of a sudden you want
> Saprano to be coach of the year . we were on a 10
> game losing streak from last year! He coached this
> team into losing to the Broncos with a 15 point
> lead with 5 minutes left in the game! It was SAD.
> I was there. He does not have it. Thats the #1
> Issue this team needs to address the day after
> this season is finally over. Bye bye Tony.

Treasure, never thought i'd say this......but I agree with you 100%smileys with beer

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 15, 2011 04:59AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You guys are Funny. The Dolphins win Two games
> > against shitty teams and all of a sudden you
> want
> > Saprano to be coach of the year . we were on a
> 10
> > game losing streak from last year! He coached
> this
> > team into losing to the Broncos with a 15 point
> > lead with 5 minutes left in the game! It was
> SAD.
> > I was there. He does not have it. Thats the #1
> > Issue this team needs to address the day after
> > this season is finally over. Bye bye Tony.
>
>
> Treasure, never thought i'd say this......but I
> agree with you 100%smileys with beer

Yeah treasure is on.....I agree. smileys with beer

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 15, 2011 08:30AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> the key is the ability to take the biggest
> negative we face and turn it into a positive the
> key to most success and something few coaches can
> pull off, if Sparano pulls it off, he has a
> special quality that will ultimately lead to
> success

what "biggest negative"? you mean stating 0-7? you want to give him a pass for that, and then name him coach of the year for climbing out of that hole (beating 2 of the worst teams in the league to to do it)? that right there is why your thinking about sporano and this team is so flawed.

Date: November 15, 2011 10:44AM

Our defense was bad under Pasqualoni, we changed and made it our strong suit. Our offense was nonexistent under Henning, we changed and the offense seemed to be no longer our greatest weakness. Sparano seems to adapt like I said. THe biggest problems was our defense was horrible, the first half of the season. Yet will finish strong from what it looks like? Seems to me we had a slow start, for obvious reasons. If we lose out, then what do you guys care, we most likely get Luck, or and the coaches get fired. We get and unknown at HC, Offensive cordinator, Defensive Cordinator, ST Coach and all of the positions under them... Can you tell me who is a better coach on defense then Nolan regularly that we have a shot at next year? Can you tell me who is this offensive genius that is the unknown, and so on and so on. I think we have some pretty good coaches, with some bad circumstances and obvious slow start issues. We fired Dom Capers at defense for him to go on and win a SUperBowl at defensive Cordinator in his next job..We fired Mike Westoff, the ST guru already. Cowher isnt coming out and neither is Gruden? SO who? and why blow it up and for what?Because you are upset with a slow start and need to hold someone accountable?
We blew the organization up after Wanny, then Saban, then Cameron, Where did that get us? now you guys want to do it again.....seriously?

Date: November 15, 2011 02:01PM

firing pasqueloni (he was horrible) and henne 3 years too late? that's a positive? remember who hired them to be on his staff---u telling me sporano didn't have a say in that?
and we only got nolan bc he fell into our lap just having been fired. remember before he was fired we couldn't even land al groh as DC b/c he said essentially he didn't want to join the team since parcells was not the coach. we've had a really hard time getting quality assistents under sporano---direct reflection on the HC---just look who is our QB coach this year (hint: he never played or coached QB before).
sorry, while nolan is good, if you are citing losing our assistent coaches as a down side to firing sporano, then I guess there is no reasoning w you

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 16, 2011 05:46AM

I like Daboll and Nolan. I think they both look a WHOLE lot better if players are healthy, in-shape and executing. Instead, they field a $40-million LB who's 23 lbs overweight and living on salad dressing...a WR who catches darn near everything thrown his way except TDs...CBs who run their mouths but not their wind sprints...a RT who should be waving a matador's cape as DEs blow by him to our QB. I think Nolan has been hurt by players' inability to physically do what his D requires because they were out of shape. Daboll lost 7+ points per game to drops by Marshall for about 4-5 games in a row. Additionally, he's a new OC who's trying to figure out the right use of players in his system. And he hasn't had a healthy Thomas or Clay for much of the season. As a side note, I'm pretty excited by what I see from Clay and what it looks to mean for Fasano, as well.

I guess my opinion of Sparano's staying/going has a lot to do with replacement options. If Gruden (for example) can be had, that's an upgrade in my mind and you upgrade. If we'd just be chasing after the next 'he might have it', then I might be open to the continuity argument, pending the team's performance over the next 7 games.

Date: November 16, 2011 05:53AM

Brian Cox for Head Coach!!!!!!!

smoking smileydrinking smiley

Hey it will satisfy the Rooney rule anyways..........

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 16, 2011 07:53AM

> Brian Cox for Head Coach!!!!!!!
>
> smoking smileydrinking smiley
>
> Hey it will satisfy the Rooney rule
> anyways..........

Sure, but Luck is coming out THIS year. I'd be all for this if Luck was going to stay in college one more year. Can we actually win a negative # of games? -1 - 17 !!!!

Date: November 17, 2011 04:25AM

They'd have to run the table the rest of the way for me to even understand the logic of keeping the tri(-1)fecta, and I still wouldn't necessarily agree with it. Ross is all about putting butts in seats, and keeping Tony/Ireland isn't gonna appease the fan base too much, this is one instance where change just for the sake of change will be good.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: November 17, 2011 09:13AM

I agree with you.

BUT, if Tony figuers it out and realizes he needs to start and keep attacking on both sides of the ball the team will continue to win. And if they somehow end up at 8-8 then it is hard to get rid of him.

Date: November 17, 2011 09:20AM

dolphin Wrote:
> I agree with you.
>
> BUT, if Tony figuers it out and realizes he needs
> to start and keep attacking on both sides of the
> ball the team will continue to win. And if they
> somehow end up at 8-8 then it is hard to get rid
> of him.

Even if tony fingers it out he will be a goner next year.

Date: November 17, 2011 10:11AM

"fingers it out"? sounds gross

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 17, 2011 04:53PM

If Tony figures it out and with the same team (minus Henne who everyone says played well until his injury) and goes on a tear and wins the rest of the game then double-damn him for losing the first friggin 7 games when he had the talent!

Who wants a coach who went on a seven game losing streak and then won the rest of the games with the same team because it took him half a season to get a clue?

Date: November 17, 2011 05:31PM

thank you chyren, drives me crazy that people think if sporano wins a lot of games at the end of the year to get us out of the 0-7 hole should get another chance for that. he's the one who got us in the hole, before the season was lost

Date: November 17, 2011 08:40PM

I can't wait for Sunday. This stupid lame 2 game winning streak will be over and the same people cheering Tony as a savior will be again calling for his Meatballs in a bun.

REALLY PEOPLE!!? 2 games against the worst the NFL has to offer and your talking 8-8 after a 0-7 start?! Really!? I always knew Dolphins fana were gullable, but your all starting to sound like Abused women now. You have had the shit beat out of you so many times your just delusional and in denial. You aimlessly love the same guy thats been breaking your face every Sunday and the last 3 weeks of last season as well. Time for an intervention. Go get'em Dr Ross!!grinning smileythumbs up

Date: November 18, 2011 02:20AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Who wants a coach who went on a seven game losing
> streak and then won the rest of the games with the
> same team because it took him half a season to get
> a clue?

The answer to that question my friend is........San Diego.
Sparano is turning into a poor mans Norv Turner

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:43AM

> I can't wait for Sunday. This stupid lame 2 game
> winning streak will be over and the same people
> cheering Tony as a savior will be again calling
> for his Meatballs in a bun.
>
the way Buffalo got smacked by Dallas, I wouldn't immediately assume we're going to lose. JT still has bad memories of Buffalo, and I'm sure he'll try to fire up the rest of the team.

Date: November 18, 2011 03:32PM

I think do to extenuating circumstances this offseason and some of Irelands moves, the team had a slow start. The coaches was kept from making any contact with his players until 1 month before the season started, that puts a young team, especially with new Mic lb behind the eight ball. We had Dansby injured and playing horrible, VOntae Davis hamstrings injuries, poor tackling, lack of shape, all products of lack of training and discipline, something Sparano had zero control of because of circumstances beyound his control. Lets see what happens is my take. I dont think we will win out but I think we will play as well as any team, in the second half of the season... I understand why people want to get rid of him, I just dont think it is the right call, at this point. Just my opinion

Date: November 18, 2011 05:15PM

The same conditions, including injuries, occurred with respect to the other 31 teams in the league and probably, to a certain extent, the Green Bay Packers.

Date: December 09, 2011 07:18PM

Thought it would be a good idea to revive this thread to show what people were saying after Sparano won his first game.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 09, 2011 08:33PM

You're on a roll today Chyren LOL

Date: December 09, 2011 08:40PM

Some would say more like on a rampage.

Date: December 10, 2011 03:58AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> "fingers it out"? sounds gross

dolfin said figuers it our so i said fingers it out just to point out his goganstunner like impression.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 10, 2011 06:01AM

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.