HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I am in the 1%....... I want sparano to stay
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
I am in the 1%....... I want sparano to stay
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 11:54AM

if the team wins some games and plays well the rest of the season. I would most likely support replacing Ireland despite, his ability to pick some players, his problems is his leadership and communications skills, the organization is at war with each other for the most part and he is the top dog on the football side, the buck starts and stops wit him and his lack of leadership and people skills.. and at the end of the day he is Sparano's boss not the other way around....
The fact Tony has kept the team together despite all that is going on in and around the organization over he last year, is pretty impressive... I think some time and maybe a new boss/gm, tony will get it together and build something solid...... I just hope it is with us....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I am in the 1%....... I want sparano to stay
Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: November 10, 2011 12:02PM

You're insane.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 12:43PM

i think in some ways u are right and but in theend i think the job is just too much for him...i give him credit for keeping the team from completely imploding but he is in over his head imo...more of an assistant i think which is just what some guys are some dont thrive as the lead dog

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 10, 2011 01:11PM

Tony deserves a lot of credit for the way he has handled adversity and the way the players support him by playing hard each week. That earns him points in my book...the problem I have with him is his lack of agressiveness, inventiveness, and the almost total lack of player development since he took the helm. Those flaws are going to be his downfall...I wouldn't be against keeping him as an assistant head coach if we could get someone to come in and be his boss and mentor. Because the team does need stability in coaching. We've changed coaches and philosophies far too many times since Shula retired.

I think that would be a very, very, tall order though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 01:11PM by Ken.

Posted by: sleekdogg ()
Date: November 10, 2011 02:21PM

I think he should stay. He does his job.Yells at guys. Shows enthusiasm.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:12PM

We should keep him on as a cheerleader. Just think how disappointed Carpenter would be to see him go!! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:12PM

Fist Pump!!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:41PM

give him some poms poms and make him an ugly cheerleader. as a coach, you have got to be kidding me

Date: November 10, 2011 03:46PM

I want to see what he puts together the rest of the year with a back up QB. I want to see if the team just got a slow start or is as horrible as alot around here believe them to be and our Coach to be. I like how he has handle the mess around him, it is inspiring to me...

Date: November 10, 2011 03:55PM

dude, before beating the cheifs we had lost something like 10 or 11 in a row since last year, we've won 1 home game in almost 3 years, enough is enough. I don't care what he does with a backup qb the rest of this season. the time to play well was the end of last year and the beginning of this one and this team headed by fist pump sh%t the bed!!!

Date: November 10, 2011 10:40PM

I think he's a great guy, probably a good Position coach, a great employer. But he can't manage a game. he is way too safe a person, he coaches Not to lose rather then win.

He's got my respect as a man . he's handles himself well and he's not an embarrasment when he opens his mouth. But he's not a winner. Sorry. Tony needs to go. Irlend needs to hit the door and open it with his head before Tony is told to step out. Thats #1 Before ANY Player or personnel changes if this Team is to get back on track. Ross needs to make this team his and he better pick a winner or he will lose a ton . the dolphins had to buy out this game again this week to prevent a shut out. He better put a winning product on the feild if he wants seats sold. Fans have had it. Bye Bye Tony.......

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 11, 2011 02:22AM

Crowder, you are my boy....but bro, you have officially lost your marbles.

How am I supposed to take anything you say serious from this post on?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 11, 2011 04:45AM

Sparano would make a wonderfull waterboy. Nothing more.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 11, 2011 04:58AM

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 11, 2011 05:59AM

You say 'The buck starts and stops' with Ireland. Overall in the organizational sense I agree. But IMO what steps on to the field each week belongs to Sparano in terms or preparedness, game planning and GAME TIME ADJUSTMENTS. We SUCK in those areas, especially the last one. That's on Tony.

I give him kudos for keeping the players from mutiny but really now is that consolation for what we are enduring? Well the players are happy??? Come on man.

Like many I think Tony isn't an NFL head coach...yet. He may be in time but right now he's like a kid playing in traffic.

Date: November 11, 2011 08:24AM

he isn't even much of an OL coach

Date: November 11, 2011 11:26AM

Date: November 11, 2011 01:16PM

if not for parcels, sporano would still be an OL coach somewhere. he was not on anyone's list for coaching jobs, but he was parcell's "boy" so no one questioned why he was named HC here. So I don't feel bad for Sporano, he didn't get this job on merit and while he hasn't been a complete disaster, I think this team deserves better. If we fire him, he won't be hired by anyone as anything more than a position coach.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 11, 2011 01:21PM

Ireland IMHO has done his job rather well...this team has quite a few talented players on it. The GM however must try to find players that fit the system and cannot simply draft players based upon an arbitrary set of skills. The Head coach is the one that tells the GM what kind of players the team needs...if that information is incorrect then the player drafted will be incorrect as a result. The same thing goes for players aquired in free agency. Parcells had a clearly defined vision of what he wanted in players...Sparano's vision isn't as clearly defined. Sparano is the weak link in this equation. Maybe in his second stop as a head coach...if he gets one, he'll be better. Much like certain Patroits Coach we all hate.

Date: November 11, 2011 01:54PM

wow after 1 win vs the horrible chiefs we've got people saying keep sporano and others saying keep ireland. people, this team is 1 and 7 and hasn't won a home game in a year. losing records the last 2 years. time to clean house. I don't care how many meaningless games we win this season.

Date: November 11, 2011 02:13PM

hey guys, its just my position, and I go into it stating I am in the 1%, so I obviously dont believe any of u are with me in my position. I just think that sticking it out with sparano and the change at GM, will lead to success faster then whatever decision this franchise is going to make next in that direction... Daboll is aggressive in nature, Tony is conservative, I think ultimately that could be a good balance... Tony will open up more this year and lightened up already on the conservative nature.
Another point on Tony, you dont realize, is that the Miami Dolphins I believe are the least penalized team in the NFl, despite being 1-7. They are obviously not playing sloppy undisciplined football under him...

Date: November 11, 2011 02:41PM

I think Ireland talent picking skills are not in question he is 50/50 and that is what the top guys do,the problems is the fact that alot of people in an around from coaches to players have disdain or lack respect for the GM, the guy that controls their money and life, is a problem.... with dealing players, how do you let, Cam Wake play out a back up contract he signed, as opposed to resigning him when he started to outplay his contract. By Ireland not doing the right thing, and adjusting Wakes contract or addressing it earlier, he kind of builds resentment and distrust and other players see that, and then he does weird things like Franchise Solia, a guy that barely plays in our system relative to defensive snaps. The way he treated Will Allen, or Benny Sapp, etc. I think the players as a majority hate Ireland, unless they were just drafted by him but it doesnt take long for them to catch on to the basic disdain in the locker room for him and follow suit....

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 11, 2011 05:27PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think he's a great guy, probably a good Position
> coach, a great employer. But he can't manage a
> game. he is way too safe a person, he coaches Not
> to lose rather then win.
>
> He's got my respect as a man . he's handles
> himself well and he's not an embarrasment when he
> opens his mouth. But he's not a winner. Sorry.
> Tony needs to go. Irlend needs to hit the door and
> open it with his head before Tony is told to step
> out. Thats #1 Before ANY Player or personnel
> changes if this Team is to get back on track. Ross
> needs to make this team his and he better pick a
> winner or he will lose a ton . the dolphins had to
> buy out this game again this week to prevent a
> shut out. He better put a winning product on the
> feild if he wants seats sold. Fans have had it.
> Bye Bye Tony.......

I agree.

the guy has all the desirable qualities of a coach except winning football games, which unfortunately for him is the most important one.

Make it 2%
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 11, 2011 06:55PM

Subject to the conditions you specified, and without Ireland, I concur.

Rick

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 13, 2011 11:51AM

You're in the 1%, Crowder? Careful, someone is gonna have to occupy you.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: November 14, 2011 08:03AM

Dude, I haven’t been exactly impressed by your football chops in the past but this is beyond a blonde moment – you’ve done gone totally Rick Perry stupid.

Wow.

BNF.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 14, 2011 08:14AM

Put me down for firing every coach we have...

Date: November 14, 2011 12:46PM

it must be my lack of football chops and blonde moment... lol.... Do you want me to really address your football chops vs mine by using the easy accessed search feature Curt provides for us...lol.
cheers but be careful calling me out smileys with beer

Date: November 14, 2011 12:49PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're in the 1%, Crowder? Careful, someone is
> gonna have to occupy you.

my intelligent friend, nice work on getting the multiple meanings and play on words I slipped in for fun

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2011 12:51PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 14, 2011 12:58PM

occupy davie

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.