HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The OL played great today. And more notes on the game
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The OL played great today. And more notes on the game
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 07, 2008 03:21PM

Im telling you injuries to smiley and camarillo didnt hold us back today.Both allerman and EK had good games. Only a couple of penalties on offense. there was another player on the OL who was switched to the right guard spot. Not sure if he replaced EK.

Overall An A to the OL

This team is well coached reminds me of the shula days.

Carpenter needs to get better on kickoffs. He made his first 50 yarder i believe but alson missed once to stop his streak at 12 i believe.

It seems like joey porter comes up strong at the end of every game. He had 2 sacks and wore down his opponent.

Allen made a key int in the endzone and saved the day for the phins.

Both langford and merling were making plays for the running game. They are a load and both will be much more improved with a year of experience.

Both ricky and ronnie were able to run the ball today.

Polite is a load on 4rth downs. Made a 4rth down conversion today for a key first down. Hes done it before.

Pennington had a great accurate game. He had at one time like 140 rating.I can see why the jets beat the crap out of our phins the entire time he was there. this guy is the main reason we are about to make a playoff run.

Ginn had only one catch i believe for 18 yards.

BUT............double team ginn and bess is wide open. He had a good game and caught like 3 key first downs that i remember maybe more.

Fasano caught the only td pass of the game and continues to make plays. Had a holding penalty on rickys run but who cares we still won.

Overall

Offense scored enough to win the game. A

Defense Had a good game epecially against the run. As far as the pass goes.......There was a safety who fell on a long pass play and lossman totally overthrew the receiver. B minus because of that play and remember we were playing against a backup qb. Lossman stinks.

Special team is the most improved position from a couple of weeks ago. I give it an A minus because of carpenters miss fieldgoal and he missed on a kickoff. Looked like he tried to onside kick i think he clearly missed the kick and the bills got the ball at the 50.

Overall a great win.................

GO PHINSsmileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The OL played great today. And more notes on the game
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 07, 2008 08:36PM

Yup good thing "loss-man" isn't playing for us this year, heaven knows we already had too many over the past years grinning smiley

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 08, 2008 04:29AM

The only part of that I disagree with is about the special teams. I felt they played awful.

It's too easy to say that they did better because of the numbers, they've got to do it the right way so that someone can't break one tackle and score.

Our special teams was spread too thin around the receiver. Carpenter got a solo tackle, that just shouldn't happen.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 08, 2008 04:47AM

I really do not mind who makes the tackle. Thats a good point though.

As long as there no long returns it was a good day for special teams.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 08, 2008 08:05AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 08, 2008 10:54AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This team is well coached reminds me of the shula
> days.
>
> Yea, it does. We don't have the best talent, yet
> we are on a playoff run. I expect we will be on
> perennial playoff runs as long as Sparano is HC.

Yep. We were so spoiled with Shula, and so many naysayers were running him out of town. I remember all the hype when JJ came in. What a total farce. We lost our discipline when JJ came in. Our penalties skyrocketed, and we were embarrassed more than once in the playoffs.

The key to winning consistently is discipline and execution...in ALL facets (Offense, Defense, Special Teams, COACHING!!). If you have that, you will be a perenial playoff team regardless of the talent level.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 09, 2008 04:00PM

Shula is the best coach of alltime.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 09, 2008 04:50PM

and anyone who says different is no Dolphin fan. We may have had a down year here or there but we were a perennial playoff team.

All the fans and owners all want to call for the coaches head when the team goes through a drought. Most of the time, rightly so but when you have one of the best coaches and proven winners, you definitely shouldn't hire some O or D Coordinator that has always failed as a head coach....Wanny, Norv Turner, Jauron, Wade Phillips, Cam Cameron, Martz and expect them to find the same success. What they haven't figured out is the vast majority of the time they end up worse off than before.

Look at San Diego...the big knock on Marty was he couldn't win a playoff game but now Norv and company has driven the Chargers down a dead end road. They never should have let Brees go either.

Another great example is Oakland and Jon Gruden.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.