HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          suck for luck?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
suck for luck?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:51PM

we've got some SERIOUS competition. NO is up 55-7 on the colts. The colts are horrible, even worse than us. The rams also got smoked today, but that was with AJ Feely (the "next marino" lol) starting, I think they win a few here or there when bradford come back. But the colts---they could go 0-16 and probably win any tiebreaker with us. How horrible would it be to go o-16 and not even get the first pick?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: suck for luck?
Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 23, 2011 07:20PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton played a handful of games late in the year, giving them an actual shot at winning a couple games.

Date: October 23, 2011 07:23PM

no, indy is tanking deliberately, no way they put manning in at the end of the year

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2011 01:51AM

After this year the NFL may consider putting in a draft lottery like the NBA has. It's starting to look like Indy, St. Louis, and, yes, Miami are ALL tanking the season for SFL. Denver even did their best to stay within that group.

Meanwhile, KC...a team a lot of people were predicting would be the worst in the league..decided to actually play and try to win!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 03:01AM

St Louis has Bradford and the Colts still have a few good years left in Manning.. Manning would demand to be traded if the Colts spent the top pick on Luck and in that case for 2012, I would much rather have Manning then Luck...

Date: October 24, 2011 04:46AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no, indy is tanking deliberately, no way they put
> manning in at the end of the year

I agree. This Team is purposely going for the Luck Sweepstakes. No Team sucks this bad just minus the QB. Peyton is Great , but his absence doesn't tank the whole team this bad. They are taking falls. thumbs down

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2011 04:48AM

If Indy gets the #1 pick and choose luck, I'd immediately offer them our pick for Manning, straight up. I wonder if they'd take it.

Posted by: dolphin ()
Date: October 24, 2011 04:49AM

The Colts will get Luck.

I'd be stunned if they put Manning in.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 05:05AM

I think NO would had been 77-0 against the phins.....I have a big feeling the colts are going to find a way to win a couple of games...Not the phins.........

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2011 05:22AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> no, indy is tanking deliberately, no way they put
> manning in at the end of the year

Makes me wonder why they don't put Manning on IR if there's no way they'll play him the rest of the year.

oh yeah, I know why, because they want to keep a roster spot filled with an injured player, further proof that they are tanking it on purpose.

Date: October 24, 2011 05:49AM

montequi Wrote:
> If Indy gets the #1 pick and choose luck, I'd
> immediately offer them our pick for Manning,
> straight up. I wonder if they'd take it.

I believe Manning or the Colts have an out after this season to not extend Manning for the huge contract he just signed... I dont think we would even have to trade for Manning, I think he could dictate a Chad pennington type of release if the colts choose Luck... Obviosuly the Colts have much bigger problems then just QB, Manning just masks alot of it... SO the Colts not improving the team but taking another QB would force them to have to let Manning go IMO...

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 24, 2011 05:54AM

JC Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > no, indy is tanking deliberately, no way they
> put
> > manning in at the end of the year
>
>
> Makes me wonder why they don't put Manning on IR
> if there's no way they'll play him the rest of the
> year.
>
> oh yeah, I know why, because they want to keep a
> roster spot filled with an injured player, further
> proof that they are tanking it on purpose.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Exactly, JC....that was the point I was about to make and you took the words right out of my mouth.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: October 24, 2011 06:20AM

Manning has made it clear to the Colts that he intends to play as soon as he feels healthy enough, no matter when that is.

Aging, great QBs pose a very challenging situation to NFL teams when they insist on playing well into their mid-late 30's. The fan base is enamored with Manning, and thus the team will not want to throw him under the bus and risk alienating its paying customers. Essentially, teams are at the mercy of their franchise QB and they would NEVER simply let Manning go. That would be absolute suicide for them.

Remember, its all about selling tickets. A well run organization will not sabotage the face of its franchise at the end of his career unless the guy absolutely forces your hand (Brett Favre). Instead, they will do anything they can to make sure Peyton retires a Colt, so that they can continuously sell his image to the fans even after he's gone.

If the Colts end up with the first overall pick, which is plausible considering they might be the only team worse than us, I doubt they actually take Luck. If this happens, the biggest threat toward us getting Luck would be Cleveland (or someone else) trading their entire draft to move up and take him. The colts are going to live and die with Peyton Manninig for foreseeable future, and they would absolutely jump at the opportunity to instantly get younger with a ton of picks.

If the colts get the first pick, they will trade it for the farm.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2011 06:37AM

Jim Irsay already came out and said the Colts will take Luck at #1 if they have the pick, so don't count on them trading it.

Manning could be our savior. Did you see him standing on the sidelines last night? He looked so effing mad it was unbelievable. He reminded me of Marino.

Peyton isn't just a star QB, he's like the coach of that team. He developed those players more than the coaches did. Wayne, Collie, Garcon, Gonzalez, he is their mentor. As soon as he can play, he will. He will do everything in his power to win a few games for those guys.

Get well soon, #18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2011 06:37AM by (R/J)ay.

Date: October 24, 2011 06:39AM

trade for manning? you are nuts. even without the next injury he's got like 3 years left. with the injury he may never play again, or if he does, who knows if he's good any more. you want to stake our team's future on THAT?? hell no! if we don't get the #1 overall take the next best QB--jones I think it is, or barkely. Not an injured vet on his last legs, that would be the worst trade ever for a team like this

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 06:42AM

Trade for manning?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I rather suck for luck..

Manning gots 2 good years left barrying a good hit.

Date: October 24, 2011 07:09AM

If we got Manning........We would need to immeadiatly draft a new QB to learn from him . I don't see Manning and Luck on the same rooster. Manning is too big for that. Luck is almost as huge, not room enough for both.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 07:28AM

Stop with the get Manning talk already!! We need a new QB to last us for years...not an iffy on a few years and if he will ever be what he once was again. NECK surgery....just what we need...one hit and we are back to square one.

Date: October 24, 2011 07:51AM

you will not have to trade for Manning if Colts get 1st pick and draft Luck, Manning will be released IMO.. I know that sound crazy but look at the contract he just signed.... It gives them an out after this season.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 07:55AM

I am not willing to pay that money when he does get released...some other moronic team will. He is going to want some green based just on his name alone.

Date: October 24, 2011 08:20AM

I agree, it is all on the assumption that golden boy Luck is drafted by the colts or they pick #1... Then you have to discuss your options, and figure out the right move...Obviously a guy like Manning has to be in the discussion if you are looking for a vet QB and draft a young rookie for him to mentor..

Date: October 24, 2011 08:39AM

The Colts are getting old. They're sluggish beyond what Peyton Manning brings.

If the Colts end up with the first overall pick, they may draft Luck but I would be shocked if it was not part of a draft-then-trade scenario. They would have the opportunity to get much younger in one year and flood their team with talent, then search for a QB that would be willing to sit behind Manning for 3 years.

Date: October 24, 2011 10:35AM

PHINSKISS13 Wrote:
> Stop with the get Manning talk already!! We need a
> new QB to last us for years...not an iffy on a few
> years and if he will ever be what he once was
> again. NECK surgery....just what we need...one hit
> and we are back to square one.

OK. Give a better option if we are not the worst Team come The end of this season? Second to losing Luck (Which we have a 1 in 5 chance of doing ) Grabing someone as Iconic as Manning with a chip on his shoulder might do it if we can also draft another young buck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.