HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mike Florio is reporting...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mike Florio is reporting...
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:08PM

That Bill Cowher is the #1 target.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mike Florio is reporting...
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:12PM

I wouldn't complain but Cowher scares me the most out of the big 3.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:18PM

Nobody would take this job seeing as this franchise sucks, and the owner is cheap and only interested in making money not winning. Cowher ain't coming here. we will get some retread loser who will fit right in with this sorry bunch of can't win propects that fill our roster. Jim Mora Sr would fit the bill good in press conferences, and not much more.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 23, 2011 05:54PM

Not really impressed with Cower, not really sold on Gruden. Does anybody else pay attention to these guys when they talk on NFL on FOX or ESPN? Some of these former coaches and/or players sound really sharp, really intelligent, and really passionate.

If I didnt know he was a former coach, I'd think Bill Cower was just some beer drinking, hot dog eating Giants fan or something. He doesn't really add much. Never been too impressed with his breakdown skills, his analysis, his scouting ability, etc. etc. He always seems to just shrug his shoulders on air and say something like "I don't know I think he's pretty good" I'd prefer a younger coach who's hungry and more in lign with today's NFL, and the current trends and strategies that come with it. And one should always be weary of coaches who have been out of the game for a number of years and then come back, especially older ones. The track record for these types of coaches is not good at all. I heard Peter King making this point on the radio the other day. I tend to agree with it to some extent.

That being said, John Gruden fits the description of a younger, still hungry, and current type of coach. Current in regards to the evolving strategies and X's and O's of the game. Gruden is a little better in that regard, but I'm not sold on him for other reasons. Kind of intrigued about the prospect of Rob Ryan. Could be the antidote to Rex.

Date: October 23, 2011 06:04PM

Quote:

"If I didnt know he was a former coach, I'd think _____________ was just some beer drinking, hot dog eating Giants fan or something."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I could almost fill in the blank and put Babe Ruths name there.

---------------------

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 05:15AM

I cowher has balls....He would take the job....

If he is as good as they say he is, he will coach the phins and turn this thing around......

Prove you are all that man.

Dont punk out on us now.

Prove you are worthy.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 24, 2011 06:27AM

I was a huge fan of hiring Cowher last year and I thought not doing so was Ross' most grievous mistake.

However, the prospect of actually getting Andrew Luck must be considered. If we do indeed get the opportunity to draft him, we need to get a coach who is more offensively creative than Cowher, and preferably one who can develop him into the face of the franchise.

Enter Jon Gruden.

Date: October 24, 2011 06:43AM

When Cowher finally got a star QB in Pittsburgh.....he won titles and his remnence left in Pittsburgh won titles for a different coach.

Cowher is hands down the choice.

---------------------

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 24, 2011 06:44AM

Let's give Mike Leach a shot. Couldn't be any worse than what has happened the last 10 years

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 06:45AM

Not everyone will be happy regardless of who is hired. Cowher has been successful and had a history of getting the most out of his players and getting them to play hard. I'd be fine with him. I can guarantee that this would be a better coached team with the chin in charge (yes, I know that I'm damning him with faint praise).

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 06:45AM

I like gruden too but if i had to make a choice for one i think cowher is the perfect choice.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:07AM

Cowher or Gruden....they dont take crap and thats what we need....a severe anti crap figure to put some fear of non performance on the field again!! I dare freakin Marshall to drop 50% of the passes coming his way....I wanna see Cowher and Gruden spitting fire in that punks face!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:14AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can guarantee that this would be a better
> coached team with the chin in charge

We did pretty good with the jaw (Shula), so I concur.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 24, 2011 08:47AM

Posted by: davdoldew4 ()
Date: October 24, 2011 09:10AM

I don't know who would be the best choice but preferably not another lackey like Sparano and Ireland.

When Parcells left the Dolphins, Sparano had no clue on what to do to make the team a contender. Ireland, Ditto!!

The good ole boy system with Parcells chosing the GM and Coach and the Dallas Cowboys castoff players has laid the foundation for this losing franchise.

Ross seems content to woo celebrities and let the product on the field continue to stink up the place.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()

cowher scares me. coaches who quit due to burnout, and then take it easy in a tv studio for a few years, I have worries about having the committment and desire to put in the necessary work and stick it out. last thing we need is another short term coach who gives up in the middle b/c his heart isn't in it (jj, saban, even parcells as GM)

Posted by: montequi ()

We'll see as the year rolls on. I have a feeling teams that can control the ball will have success later in the season and into the playoffs. Cowher also made it to the Superbowl with, arguably, the worst QB to ever play in a SB (Neil O'Donnell).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.