HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Problem
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Problem
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 21, 2011 07:22AM

SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Try being a Dolphins fan in Patriots country
> your
> > entire life.
>
>
> I was for over 30 years......... Then I packed up
> and moved away from those friggin people...

Oh don't worry, we send thousands of them your way every year, just so you won't feel lonely!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 21, 2011 07:22AM

I have never lived in South FLordia. I have never been to South Florida. I have been a Dolphins fan since the 1976 season. I have traveled to 6 different NFL stadiums to watch my dear dolphins in probably 50 different games.

GO Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:54AM

realist Wrote:
> Agreed. I have never challenged anyone's loyalty.
> I was re-acting to the idea that if you don't
> still live in S.Florida that your not as much of a
> fan.

Maybe I didnt word myself properly or was obviously very crass in my statement. By the very transient nature of this town and the transient nature of the fans, the solidarity and fans loyalty suffers...
When you are born and raised in a town and have roots with an organziation and piece of earth. Your grandparents were born here and you grow up going to games with 3 generations, is very different then the loyalty of somebody that moved from CHicago to Boca 5 years ago, and now supports the team... Or a guy that lived here 20 years ago and now has laid down foundations and roots somewhere else.. Miami Dolphins is south Florida, south florida is Miami dolphins... Yet most of you dont have the same feeling about south florida as others or esle you would still be here supporting the cities...There is a difference and I believe that transient nature has a negative affect on fans support and loyalty towards the dolphins.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2011 10:23AM by Crowder52.

Date: October 21, 2011 10:00AM

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 01:32PM

as ive said i hope we are in a position to get luck just based onwhat ive heard about him(i am admitedly not a big college guy and dont profess to be a talent scout at any level) but i can say that each individual game i will be rooting for us to win(i have unfortunatly sucked my two boys into themisery that is a fins fan)
however i understand the sfl philosophy although i think it will wind up putting much more strain on the kid and possibly set him back some wherever he winds up..and as far as sflers beign labeled fair weather fans the same could be said of our players...have you been paying attention to our tackling on opposing teams big plays..i hateto break it to you but the team is playing liek a fairweahter team giving up on plays at times(NO IM NOT SUGGESTING TANKING) but they lack heart...if we were playing for first place last week vs the jets with this same team do you think you would have seen more effort more intensity more passion..im pretty sure you would have so just like this team has seem to show soem apathy so too does its fan base

Date: October 21, 2011 01:48PM

on a side note too bad the guys name wasnt andrew bradley or something it wouldnt have the nice ring to it and maybe we wouldnt have as much of the stupidity to go with it

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 03:48PM

fair weather fans? if we were fair weather fans I'd say we wouldn't be watching obsessively every week and posting on this forum. you can keep on pulling for the status quo but I've had it with this crap. I'll continue to watch every game and root for us to win and be content when we lose because next year I want a new coaching staff, GM, and franchise first round QB and that's what I am pulling for this season.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 21, 2011 04:45PM

When we draft Andrew Luck, its gonna be very funny in 5 years when Crowder52 talks about how happy he is that Andrew is our QB and drafting him was the best thing that has happened to our franchise since Dan Marino.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 21, 2011 05:02PM

come on a and o, matt moore can rip off 5 wins, we can go 5-11 and draft a OL and we're on our way!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 21, 2011 05:09PM

Having spent my best years in the military living in different places, I can assure you that there are Dolphins fans everywhere. They wear their Jerseys around town on game day and look for the Monday paper to see if there's any coverage. They also watch ESPN hoping for some word about their team.

Today with satellite and cable packages fans are able to catch games better than they used to. I missed dozens of televised games and had to read about them in the newspaper or see clips on ESPN.

What is important is that while we are skimming rock bottom, we Dolphins' fans stick together as the tide will change. We are all impatient--me included. I despise losing at anything so rooting for a team that's doing lousy is extremely painful and frustrating.

I say, root for the Dolphins wherever you are and don't take the pain that somebody else expresses about the team lightly. We are all disappointed and angry. Similarly, all of us posting want the Dolphins to be winners again.

Keep your chins up. Things can only get better. winking smiley

Date: October 22, 2011 03:30AM

Well said Colonel as usual...

I agree especially with sticking together, and being positive.. it is hard to stick together when the parts of your group are being so negative, and completely ignore the power of positive energy, belief, perserverance. and nurturing support...

The Dolphins are like the kid that gets kick out of his house at 5 years old, and told how awful he is and how he should just give up in life and will never amount to anything, and then the family wonders why at 15 the kid is so messed up wearing all black, not doing well in life.

The teams that do well are like the kids at 5 that are nurtured, tutors, large family environment with unconditional love and constant support, no matter what they face..

The power of suggestive thought is dangerous, the lack of support, nurturing is detrimental to the success of anything... I dont care if you are building wdigets, if you build widgets in the environments that are around our organization, you would have huge trouble... This environment is not condusive for success... Alot is on the leaders absolutely, but alot also falls on the fans IMO..

For a living, I go into underperforming companies bought by a parent company and audit them and have to change the status qou and turn around the numbers in a short period of time, hands on. Attitude is everything... Bad attitude in or around an organization is like a diseases and normally at the heart of the issues among other thing, like lack of accountability, etc.
I look at the fans support, much like an employee having problems at home, with lack of support or infightting from wife. Very Very hard for somebody to succeed, if they are not getting support at home. It limits their productivity, mental strength, etc...
I see what I see, and trust me, most of the time people dont want to hear it... So I am a big boy, I can take it...

THis team is a mess within the organization, and in any organization it starts at the top with Ross, and Ireland, Sparano by the very nature of his job is nothing more then a manager working under those guys IMO... Some times there are good talented men within bad organziations that get lost in the mess.. Only to be picked from you, and thrive in the right environment.. That is the mess we have now, it is hard to tell what is what when such a negative depressing environment takes over..

Date: October 22, 2011 07:24AM

I disagree on the 5 year old kid analogy. We have given this organization a chance - multiple years - and it is getting worse and worse.

In football terms I do not think it is like giving up on a 5 year old. Maybe, if this was the first season that they regressed, but that is not the case here.

I am tired of what I have been seeing for 10 years.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 22, 2011 08:18AM

I see where you were going. Fair enough.

I think we all need to be careful not to slam each other.

This season sucks for everyone. Owner, management, Coaches, players & fans. We all have different ways of dealing with it...and ideas for overcoming it.

Go Phins!! Let's make 2012 the year of re-birth!

Date: October 22, 2011 11:17AM

Wise words.

I certainly hope I have not offended anyone, and if so I appologize.

I look forward to enjoying our team in the future, as everyone does.

I firmly believe that this franchize will again be champions, one day.

Date: October 22, 2011 12:03PM

realist Wrote:
> I see where you were going. Fair enough.
>
> I think we all need to be careful not to slam each
> other.
>
> This season sucks for everyone. Owner, management,
> Coaches, players & fans. We all have different
> ways of dealing with it...and ideas for overcoming
> it.
>
> Go Phins!! Let's make 2012 the year of re-birth!

Respect realist, and I apologize for the obnoxious way my frustrated self initially tried to make my point... I respect your position and understand the burden of supporting a team from another area or state, is a burden all on its own, that I will never understand...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2011 12:10PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 12:14PM

Crowder52 Wrote:

>
> For a living, I go into underperforming companies
> bought by a parent company and audit them and
> have to change the status qou and turn around the
> numbers in a short period of time, hands on.
> Attitude is everything... Bad attitude in or
> around an organization is like a diseases and
> normally at the heart of the issues among other
> thing, like lack of accountability, etc.
> I look at the fans support, much like an employee
> having problems at home, with lack of support or
> infightting from wife. Very Very hard for somebody
> to succeed, if they are not getting support at
> home. It limits their productivity, mental
> strength, etc...
> I see what I see, and trust me, most of the time
> people dont want to hear it... So I am a big boy,
> I can take it...
>
> THis team is a mess within the organization, and
> in any organization it starts at the top with
> Ross, and Ireland, Sparano by the very nature of
> his job is nothing more then a manager working
> under those guys IMO... Some times there are good
> talented men within bad organziations that get
> lost in the mess.. Only to be picked from you, and
> thrive in the right environment.. That is the mess
> we have now, it is hard to tell what is what when
> such a negative depressing environment takes
> over..

When the Dolphins start paying me or someone in my House hold I will take this under consideration, until then, they need to please me the FAN the the other way around.....

Date: October 22, 2011 01:21PM

not diging on ya crowder but i agree southphilfan..we are the customer...and when you start blaming the customer for your busines's lack of sucess you have a problem..dont get me wrong i hear where you are coming from and agree to a point....problem with these message baords is many times peolple who are on the same page wind feeling they are beign attacked one way or another because it is too easy to take a message the wrong way

Date: October 22, 2011 02:02PM

angryseas2000 Wrote:
> not diging on ya crowder but i agree
> southphilfan..we are the customer

I hear ya, and you guys have a point and a right as a customer. But at the end of the day you have a choice as well to either be art of the solution or part of th problem as well, Understandbly as a customer you have the right to gripe about the quality of prodcut you are recieving for you financial commitment they are asking for. And on that point I 100% agree they made the cost so high, that the business has to put up a quality product worth the price they are chargin and those 2 things are way out of balance.. But that isnt entirely fair to the payers to be upset for the envirinment that has been created that pays them heftly with a minimum cap requirement thus the need for a high burden on the customer IMO.

IMO it comes down to a simple question no matter your postion or commitment, you have to ask yourself, do you want to part of the problem or part of the solution?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2011 02:05PM by Crowder52.

Date: October 22, 2011 02:11PM

The people that sit around and figure out and proclaim how they are being wronged, are seldomly part of the solution...Ake yourself, Is it about you or is it about what is best for them team?

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 02:24PM

Crowder, you say you do not go to games any more, Is that part of the solution? For the first time in my over 40 years as a fan, I am thinking about next year. Read my old post, I was always saying I pay for the product I want them to win as many games as they can. I still want them to try to win games. I renew my season Tickets year after year I think that qualifies as supporting my team, and trust me I can not really afford it, I save all year and go on a payment plan, but I figure if I want my phins to be able to compete and stay in South Florida that is what I need to do. But it has been the same old story.... Time for a change, time for me to want a QB that will be part of the solution, God knows me going to every game screaming my head off till I loose my voice has not worked... If this team cared as much as I do, by this team I mean the owner they would already have a QB in place and we would not be looking to get one next year every year.... Spouting off on a board and booing at the game are totally different things, the only Boo's you will hear from me at a game is for the opposing team.. And it is not like my fellow fans boo the team at the game... Last 10 home games I have been to we won 1, where and when are they going to please me the paying customer....

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.