Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Andrew Luck to "dictate' where he is drafted.............
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Andrew Luck to "dictate' where he is drafted.............
Date: October 21, 2011 07:59PM

Growing concensus is that Luck knows of his status and worth . he is so good that he can actually dictate where he goes in order to place himself in the best place to be successful.

How Ross handles the firing of saprano, and who he hires to take their place will have an impact on where he chooses to go. Even with the 1 st overall selection in the draft , Luck is so good, its still no lock to get him. He can pull an Elway if he smells failure.

That can also work in the Dolphins advantage if we don't finish dead last and another team , like the Rams wins , and he decides he wants the glamour of South beach over St louis.

Bottomline, there is alot more to landing Andrew luck then you think. We are gonna need a Ton of Luck ourselves.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andrew Luck to "dictate' where he is drafted.............
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 21, 2011 09:25PM

I think he can tremendously influence whether a team chooses to draft him, but he can only truly dictate whether he plays for that team in the year in which he is drafted.

St. Louis isn't a bad example, as they drafted QB #1 overall last year...they might actually try to trade out of the position for a king's ransom...and Luck could definitely influence that, as well.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 22, 2011 04:41AM

I'm just curious where he'd want to go. He was born in D.C. and played highschool ball in Houston. His former college coach is in SF. Could the Redskins, Texans, and 49ers be at the top of his list?

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 22, 2011 04:51AM

It's all speculation.

And btw, if the Rams or Colts land the #1 pick and decide to trade his rights, we could NOT match the Browns' trade offer. Cleveland is loaded with picks, including two #1s this year.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 07:11AM

I do not believe that he can have more than a slight influence on where he is taken.

If he states that he will absolutely not play for the team that has the #1 selection, I believe that in the end, he will still be drafted #1 by that team if that team thinks he is what we think he is.

The only way out would be a monster trade, and with the raiders out, I think that is tough.

I am not sure the Browns would give up two #1's and more (which I think it woudl take) for Luck, if the Brown's season continues to have decent success. They would rather use those picks on other needs, or possibly another QB and another need.

Our number one goal now should be to get to the #1 pick and stay there.

GO Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 22, 2011 10:06AM

Worst case scenario, we trade him away and wind up with Barkley or Landry Jones and about a dozen other picks to include 1st round selections over the next few drafts.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 22, 2011 10:34AM

I think this would most likely refer to a scenario in which he would have to sit behind a good QB with no plans to retire, such as in Indy.

He probably just doesn't want to deal with the crap that Aaron Rogers had to deal with.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 22, 2011 10:39AM

Why is everyone so paranoid that if we got the 1st overall pick Luck could pull an Elway and not want to play here? has there been any indication from Luck himself that he would do this? is there any interviews with him that have him hinting he would dictate where he goes?

Seems like even if we got the 1st pick we've been bad for so long some fans just assume the worst will happen lol.

Date: October 22, 2011 11:27AM

Posted by: Ihatebrady ()
Date: October 22, 2011 11:50AM

Honestly I don't really care. I'd love to get luck but it doesn't really matter all that much. Miami isn't one player away from the promise land, they're a coaching staff and a winning mentality away from it. Miami has had a string of gutless, ignorant, inexperienced coaches since JJ. JJ was just a lame duck at the end of his career and wasn't in to it like he was at UM or Dallas.

I don't know how, who, or where one can be found, but Miami has enough talent to win it all with their current team. I truly believ if they had a belichick type of coach, or even (gasp) a shitty Rex Ryan who can motivate (create confidence), then Miami would be on the opposite end of the losing spectrum.

We all keep loosing sight on how slim the margin is between success and failure is in the NFL. We just think its a player but it's the small things... penalties, 3rd down conversions, and confidence that wins it all.

If any of you have competed at a professional level at any sport then you understand what I'm saying, even if you refuse to admit it.

Miami almost certainly will get a win soon and will probably end up with 4-6 wins at the end of the season. It sucks because I hate seeing them lose not because they've been beat, but because they play with no heart and confidence, and that comes for coaching breeding a successful environment. Shula, belichick, etc didn't expect any less and held players accountable.

Miami's current staff doesn't. In fact, neither does most of the leagues.

Just a damn shame when I hear it out loud. Makes me sick.

Nothing more disappointing than wasted talent and opportunities.

Date: October 22, 2011 12:07PM

Date: October 22, 2011 12:35PM

But whats funny is that "IhateBrady" proves the point that a QB is so important with his name.

His name is not "IhateBenJarvisGreenEllis" or IhateWelker", or any other player. Its "IhateBrady"...

and although we are not 1 single player away from a ring, a QB is where you start when you build a Championship franchise.

---------------------

Date: October 22, 2011 12:44PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But whats funny is that "IhateBrady" proves the
> point that a QB is so important with his name.
>
> His name is not "IhateBenJarvisGreenEllis" or
> IhateWelker", or any other player. Its
> "IhateBrady"...
>
> and although we are not 1 single player away from
> a ring, a QB is where you start when you build a
> Championship franchise.

You are correct! And Thats why I was so pissed after last years Draft. Not that we let the Pats take Mallet, But we didn't even go up to the plate and take a swing. We have Teams like the colts and the Pats planning for the future and we are still making deals for other Teams 2nd and 3rd stringers. Its really not hard to figure out why we have failed since Marino left. Why don't these million $$$ Paid coaches see it!!? Is it they are so afraid to draft a loser? So they take the safe route to failure time after time? What did Parcells need to be afraid of? I just don't get it. But its Time for Ross to step up and Hire someone WHO DOES.

Date: October 22, 2011 12:57PM

I don't hate Brady because he's good. I can't stand him because he's a whiny brat, and because he's a patriot. He was a 7th rd pick and developed by a great coaching staff, which proves my point above.

Henne as a patriot drafted ten years ago prob does close to the same thing under the same circumstances as Brady. Even if not, he does lightyears better that what he's doing under Miami's bum staff.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 22, 2011 01:02PM

Well, I think that it has much more to do with ability. I think Henne would have done better with that supporting cast around him (players and coaches), but I do not think Henne would have done as well as Brady.

Three Super Bowls.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 01:27PM

henne would not have been brady..no diss on henne but brady has made himself..yes he landed in an ideal situation and yes i agree he may not have been brady as we know him soemwhere else but the guy has drive and determination up th ass no matter what you say about him.. he reminds me of marino the way he scowls after a misroute when they are up by 21

Date: October 22, 2011 01:29PM

Again, I'm not saying benne is Brady. I'm saying that Brady owes a good portion of his success to his situation and coaching. Does Brady do what he's done here as a phin if he's drafted by them ten years ago with the same garbage staff they've had since then?

Absolutely not. To believe he would is just lying to yourself.

Date: October 22, 2011 03:29PM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
>
> Three Super Bowls.

And he's not done yet. He's got 5 more good years left in him. AND he bangs the worlds leading Super Model every night , AND she actually has more money then he does. IHATETOMBRADY as well..........grinning smiley

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: October 22, 2011 04:30PM

no he isnt the same brady as i said but i guarantee we are a much better team right now if we had drafted him(scary to think that our fo is that bad that we wouldnt be) amd yea i hate him too but im not wearing blinders

Date: October 22, 2011 05:29PM

If you want to be a successful NFL franchise, you have to have a franchise QB.

Until we get one, we will be a bottom 5 team.

---------------------

Date: October 22, 2011 06:28PM

Yep. 2001 ravens was a fluke. You need a rounded offense. To be fair though, this year I've seen more dropped passes then any ever before. Henne and Moore are not terrible QB's.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 22, 2011 06:56PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Yep. 2001 ravens was a fluke. You need a rounded
> offense. To be fair though, this year I've seen
> more dropped passes then any ever before. Henne
> and Moore are not terrible QB's.

Neither was Jay Fiedler. But none of those guys would or will lead us to a Superbowl.

Date: October 23, 2011 02:58AM

Not with this defense thats for sure!My point , not all hope is lost if Luck doesn't land in South Florida.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 23, 2011 07:46AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 23, 2011 08:02AM

he's got much more levergage than other players who pulled this in the past (eli manning etc )so of course he's gonna use it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.