HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dansby and Sparano not happy with "suck for luck"
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dansby and Sparano not happy with "suck for luck"
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:01AM

Tony and Karlos,

I have a solution for you guys. I know this might be outside the box thinking for you guys but... how about winning a friggin game. Maybe if you weren't so focused on what the fans are thinking or doing, you might, oh, I don't know...win a friggin game. Perhaps you can focus all your anger with the fans for wanting a superstar QB in Miami, and use it to make a friggin tackle or an interception. Most importantly, maybe you could discuss with the offense a new concept for them... it's called scoring a friggin touchdown... which might, in turn, yes... you guessed it cause you to (say it with me, Karlos and Tony) win a friggin game!

All kidding aside, it's hard to believe that an 0-5 team has the gall to complain about anything the fans are doing or saying. Whatever your opinion of Suck for Luck" is, players and coaches who are 0-5 and actually seem to be regressing each week, might want to shut their pie holes about fans not being real fans, or how hard they say everyone is working (and by the way, Karlos and Tony... as hard as you say you all are working... it ain't cutting it... you might want to work harder).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dansby and Sparano not happy with "suck for luck"
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:21AM

Yeah, no kidding!

They are the only ones to have the power to stop this talk, if they hate it so much. How about win a game or two! It all starts with giving the impression that you're actually doing your best on game day, which currently is NOT happening.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:37AM

Everybody in this organization sucks.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:39AM

Yup. They're not happy with SFL? I'm not happy with them being 0-5!

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:53AM

You guys have it all wrong. We do not need to win a game. I hope the suck for luck is a complete distraction for the players the rest of the year. Just think Dansby, Luck shows up on your team and the stadium is filled with fans, your defense doesn't have to worry as much about the offense, and you guys are relevant again. STFU and lose!

Date: October 20, 2011 05:58AM

Yeah, at 0-5 (and if memory serves me they lost their last 3 games last season for 8 straight losses) you should do less complaining and more work on the practice field. It's ironic that people have commented on "tanking" the season when I think it's wholly possible (maybe probable) that we end up with the number 1 pick regardless. I saw a lot of quit in the second half of the jet game. Bottom line, being the worst team in a year when a consensus franchise QB will likely be available to draft (on top of the fact that with the rookie cap the franchise won't have to mortgage the future with his initial contract) might be the best thing to happen to the Fins since we drafted number 13... and correspondingly, the worst thing to happen to the rest of the AFC east.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 06:49AM

dansby and crew can show us all how wrong we are---rip off 10 in a row and advance in the playoffs and maybe we won't need to replace everyone, the coaching staff, the FO, and also land a franchise QB. too difficult? then you've proved our point. dansby can go suck it (for luck)

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:16AM

SigKash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys have it all wrong. We do not need to win
> a game. I hope the suck for luck is a complete
> distraction for the players the rest of the year.
> Just think Dansby, Luck shows up on your team and
> the stadium is filled with fans, your defense
> doesn't have to worry as much about the offense,
> and you guys are relevant again. STFU and lose!

That's correct. Ross knows this. Luck will put butts in the seats regardless of how we play next year. It's the Tebow affect. Ross has everything to gain by us losing.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:22AM

Who cares if they are not happy with SFL.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:29AM

Dansby hasn't done shite this year. His play has dropped off dramatically from when we first got him

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:32AM

In related news, fans are not happy with Dansby and Sparano.

Date: October 20, 2011 08:05AM

ChambersDeepBall Wrote:
> Dansby hasn't done shite this year. His play has
> dropped off dramatically from when we first got
> him

I think that high salary is weighing him down spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:11AM

You all question their manhood, and lambast them. I totally agree, that they dont want you as fans... Why would they.... They probably wouldnt want to satisfy the people that are fair weather and trash them, would you... Of course not... Next time your employees or kids mess up or get in a funk. I think you all should react the same exact wat towards them... It is surely to help the situation... lol... i dont know what else to do but laugh at you all, you are so emotional and upset, you dont even understand what you are contributing to... Sad...
Imagine if you were at war, and you were in deep trouble, surrounded, you guys would all start yelling at each other, pointing the fingers at each other trying to figure who to blame, instead of inspiring each other to rise above it and succeed...You all sound like a 2 year old who is screaming and upset becasue you took his toy gun away... WTF?

Date: October 20, 2011 10:25AM

Totally missed my point Crowder52. I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for about 40 years, through thick and thin. I'm a big boy... we've lost every game this year and I'm not going to go out and pull for Green Bay or San Diego, or some other front runner... I'll remain a Dolphin fan for as long as I watch football. I always pull for them in every game. All I was saying is that when you have put together 5 incredibly putrid performances in a row, it's the height of arrogance to complain about the fans not being real fans. It's also amazing to me that Dansby feels like he knows what makes a real fan versus a fake one. I've never advocated tanking the season, but if we do end up with the worst record (something that's becoming increasingly likely) I will focus on the positive of possibly and finally getting a franchise QB who may be a once in a generation talent. Sparano, Dansby and any other players who want to take the time to cast stones at the fans are not making a very productive use of their time. The way they looked on Monday night, I should think all of their time and energy would be focused on not making fools of themselves for a sixth time this year.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:10PM

Excellent comments Fins72. I pretty much feel the same way about the team, and it's sorry performance thus far.

I do understand why Dansby is upset and I appreciate his position. But I also appreciate yours, specifically working harder and remedies to play better rather than attempt to assess fan behavior when the team is 0-5 and not won a game at home in a long, long time.

"Suck for Luck" is catchy, but it's a bit crude and crass.

I don't think for one minute that any player on the team or the coaches are doing anything intentionally to put their worst effort forward. The team is just playing miserably under this management.

We have not picked a 1st round QB (as everyone on this board knows) since Marino. It's showing. It high time we do that.

I will be rooting for the Dolphins again this Sunday, hoping they can snap their losing streak.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:16PM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Totally missed my point Crowder52. I've been a
> Miami Dolphins fan for about 40 years, through
> thick and thin. I'm a big boy... we've lost every
> game this year and I'm not going to go out and
> pull for Green Bay or San Diego, or some other
> front runner... I'll remain a Dolphin fan for as
> long as I watch football. I always pull for them
> in every game. All I was saying is that when you
> have put together 5 incredibly putrid performances
> in a row, it's the height of arrogance to complain
> about the fans not being real fans. It's also
> amazing to me that Dansby feels like he knows what
> makes a real fan versus a fake one. I've never
> advocated tanking the season, but if we do end up
> with the worst record (something that's becoming
> increasingly likely) I will focus on the positive
> of possibly and finally getting a franchise QB who
> may be a once in a generation talent. Sparano,
> Dansby and any other players who want to take the
> time to cast stones at the fans are not making a
> very productive use of their time. The way they
> looked on Monday night, I should think all of
> their time and energy would be focused on not
> making fools of themselves for a sixth time this
> year.

FIns72, my post wasnt directed at you more of the comments your post inspired. I undertand your position, and respect it, where i would disagree is that I also respect Dansby position. Fans and media can have a negative effect on players and the team especially when they are 0-5 and fighting to find a way.

Colonel- well said

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 12:18PM by Crowder52.

Posted by: angryseas2000 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 03:34PM

colonel and fins 72 pretty much summed up how i feel..as glad as i am to see dansby pissed off i wish that passion was more directed at the way this team as performed..i feel iam is as loyal as they come and have my own issues with the whoel SFL philosophy altough as fins72 said it is a consolation prize...i havent seen any of the interviews but had dansby or jt or whoever ripped the idea and followed it up with we need to put a better performance out there or had i seen a few helmets slammed down at feet on the side lines or players looking like a pissed off potential playoff team (in their minds)that just cant seem to get on the right track i would have more sympathy..but this team all too often seems to accept the L that they wind up getting at games end long before the 2 min warnign... i guess that is one of my biggest problems with the SFL mentalilty is yea if we do suck enough to get the 1st pick what does sucking that bad do to the rest of the teams mentality..it seem losing is getting easier and easier for our players and that is a HARD thing to turn around imo

Date: October 20, 2011 03:47PM

for the record i hope we are in a position to get luck(either by record or beign able to trade up) but i cant get myslef into the SFL mentality..yes i would rahter we be 2-14 and get luck then 5-11 without him but i cant root for us to lose i hate to see us lose..i understand those that feel this way and even understand fans venting at the organazation and players but will still be diaspointed with each loss just hopefully my disappointments will be offset by getting a player that is hopefully our franchise qb if it works out that way and if not hopefully henne is home stewing and watching video tape day and nite and comes to 2012 with a big ol chip on his shoulder

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 03:52PM

I get emotional every time I see a player taken off the field on a stretcher and a golf cart. For the most part these guys give everything for the game. Lyle Alzeda died a young man, John Matusak died a young man, as did quite a few football players. To say that they are just collecting their millions and don't care is just assnine. For the most part they DO care.
Being a fan is the easy part in the equation. Nothing to lose, don't break a sweat, nobody to answer to. Bitching about a few hundred dollars for the Sunday ticket. Life is tough sitting in the cheap seats isn't it?

Date: October 20, 2011 04:00PM

i see guys get hurt all the tiem in my line of work(and yes unfortunately die young occasionally) for alot less money and alot more sacrafise so while i can appreciate ur sentiment and do feel for any player that gets hurt signifigantly(opposing team or or ours) i aint breaking out the violin for them

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 20, 2011 04:36PM

I was a blue water sailor too for 23 years. That was our choice and not because we got a raw deal. I saw a guy lose both his legs when a mooring cable snapped tying up in Port Everglades. I felt his pain BUTT I'm still walking. That wasn't the point.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:58PM

The Suck for Luck thing is all in the teams control, hey they could try this, play hard win a few games get the team out of contention for the first pick, and guess what? THE SUCK FOR LUCK stuff would all go away!!!!!!!

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: October 21, 2011 05:16AM

Crowder52, I understand your point and I to hate to see the Phins lose on Sundays, but its a necessary evil for the future. The players aren't playing hard, you see it in the games. You even heard that Sparano is going easier on them in practice this year. I thought Matt Moore might be an upgrade when Henne got hurt, but thankfully he is not. At 0-5, we still have the "we can turn the season around now and go 12-5"crowd. We need to lose 3 more games, then everyone shuts up. And players will completely give up. Can't wait to watch "The Tebow Show" this Sunday. I hope he lights us up

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 21, 2011 07:04AM

Here is something Sparano is happy with (quoted form today's MIami Herald:

"We’re one of the top teams in the league in getting the ball down the field right now."

That is a quote from Tony in today's freggin Miami Herald.

Holy cow!!! Wake up man!

Date: October 21, 2011 08:58AM

Doug-THE-Dolfan Wrote:
> Here is something Sparano is happy with (quoted
> form today's MIami Herald:
>
> "We’re one of the top teams in the league in
> getting the ball down the field right now."
>
> That is a quote from Tony in today's freggin Miami
> Herald.
>
> Holy cow!!! Wake up man!

Yeah. Our ball-boy is doing a heck of a job!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.