HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          For all you 'win! ' guys
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
For all you 'win! ' guys
Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:56PM

You know what would be worse than finishing 0-16?

Finishing 5-11 and drafting 5th or 6th and having to take somebody we don't need and watching the Colts get Luck to be Manning's successor.

We are NOT winning the Superbowl. We are NOT going to make the play-offs. Losing to the Jets was depressing...and win might feel good for a few days...

But losing out the season will feel like crap for 4 months and after we draft a franchise QB...it will feel FREAKIN GREAT for the next 10 years !!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For all you 'win! ' guys
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:00PM

thank you realist. you're one of the oldest, most respected posters on here and it's good to see you on the side of rationality!

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 19, 2011 03:36PM

Just for the record,

I don't remember reading where any of the "Suck for Luck" crowd has called any of the "We still pull for a win" crowd's fanship into question.

It is painful times in Dolphin land. As Kornheiser said the other day on espn..."were in washington and we can smell the dolphins from here".

Date: October 19, 2011 04:02PM

thank you...I am honored.

I don't like watching us lose.

I watched the Jets game with frustration. I cheered when we did well and felt frustrated when they did something bad. That was the fan in me. Wanting my team to prevail.

The rationale side of me thought...well...just more evidence that we have no hope for this season, and that next season is not just 1 player away....so let's take this bitter pill and get it over with! and let's start this rebuild.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:06PM

Realist is not that old.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:12PM

Thanks for posting this and I certainly agree with you. Unfortunately according to some people who post here, you are no longer a 'real' fan. Sorry.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:13PM

Date: October 19, 2011 04:17PM

:-)

True...but I've been on this board for a LONG time. Back when Netscape was the most popular browser and Don Shula was still our coach. That makes me FEEL old.

Date: October 19, 2011 04:21PM

I haven't and won't read that thread. Calling someone's fandom into question because they would rather win long term is just as foolish as me calling them less of a fan for wanting us to win 8 games and suck for years to come.

I could NOT root for the Jets. But if we're gonna suck...let's not just suck for 10 or 12 games.....let's SUCK for LUCK!!!!

Date: October 19, 2011 04:30PM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:31PM

That's nothing.
Leon and Chyren and I were rooting for the Phins before Al Gore invented the internet, before Dan Marino could even throw a football and certainly before alot of these guys here were even born. We were old enough to drink beer while watching the perfect season. We remember when Shula first became the coach. Haven't seen much from Leon or Chyren lately.

Date: October 19, 2011 04:31PM

No fear of that happening ....it already happened. They have been quitting for quite a while yet.

Chad Henne's freudian slip is quite apropos. "they're not going to stop quitting."

Now we just let the bad habits linger a while longer. Keep Sparano at the helm to mis-manage the clock, to tell the players that a FG is a great thing! To keep Columbo at the RT spot...you know...to keep things interesting. Let Brian Daboll run Reggie Bush draw plays when we need to throw.

then the last few games...play the rookies.

Really...there isn't much further down we can go...it's just how much longer we are here.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 19, 2011 04:39PM

Date: October 19, 2011 04:48PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

I don't give 2 craps about the players' or
> coaches' feelings. as far as I am concenred they
> are STEALING from the fans and ownership with
> their crappy play and weak attitudes. they deserve
> our scorn and our hope for a future with GOOD
> players and without 75% of them.

Maybe you can get all the guys together, some tents and signs, Berk, and occupy Davie Dolphins training camp for real change for a brighter tommorow for Miami Dophins football....winking smiley , I dont know it was just a thought, your words had such conviction and contempt

Date: October 19, 2011 04:51PM

It pisses me off that he makes millions and I have to scour the tv screen to see if he is even on the field!

Sacrifice? It's his job! he is lucky to have it.

His supporting cast isn't doing much....but neither is he! Make a play and then call us out.

If these guys were making plays NOBODY would be calling for us to 'suck for Luck'.

realistically nobody is asking for the players to tank the game...well not me anyway...not yet at least. Let's just keep Sparano at the helm...no heroics...no coaching changes...nothing that might upset this losing balance.

Let JT play out his retirement year...keep him on the field. Let Burnett keep chasing those TE's. Reshad Jones? He's the starter for the restof the year! Let's get Dan Carpenter and Brandon Fields to the Pro-bowl!!!!

I feel badly for Dansby...I hope for his sake that he is with us when we turn it around.

I wonder....if we finish last and get Andrew Luck...and we start winning in a couple years...would Dansby ...at that point...say " I would trade Luck for a few wins back in 2011"?...I doubt it. That would be selfish...and kind of sad.

Date: October 19, 2011 04:54PM

lol....well I tip my hat to your years of Phin fandom....but I am still proud of my tenure on Phins.com :-)

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 19, 2011 05:56PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> That's nothing.
> Leon and Chyren and I were rooting for the Phins
> before Al Gore invented the internet, before Dan
> Marino could even throw a football and certainly
> before alot of these guys here were even born. We
> were old enough to drink beer while watching the
> perfect season. We remember when Shula first
> became the coach. Haven't seen much from Leon or
> Chyren lately.

Here I am. Still hoping that I will some day get that feeling of pride to be a Phins fan again. Soooo sick of this crap. So sick of reading about losing and actually having some people here thinking that these players and coaches would actually try to lose.
Get real guys, they might lose but they ain't trying to. They are still pros and winning is their game.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:26PM

The Dansby comment really doesn't get any reaction from me, to be honest.

I have been a Dolphins fan since long before he got here, and I will continue to be a Dolphins fan long after he is gone.

If we're going to have a toilet bowl season, let's at least get the #1 pick out of it, in a great year to have the #1 pick.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 19, 2011 07:35PM

I'm on the suck for Luck bandwagon I'll admit but I sure as hell do not want a 0-16 season, you have to draw the line somewhere, seriously who wants to see their favorite team not win at least 1 fricken game all season.

Remember the excitement and relief you felt when we scored in ot against Baltimore that season to give us that first win, you'd think we had won the superbowl that game.

I'll accept going 1-15 again and gunning for Luck but hell no to 0-16!

It won't matter anyhow, I pretty sure we will have our first win against Denver this week anyway.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:50PM

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 19, 2011 08:59PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 20, 2011 02:26AM

Date: October 20, 2011 02:42AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:

> Here I am. Still hoping that I will some day get
> that feeling of pride to be a Phins fan again.
> Soooo sick of this crap. So sick of reading about
> losing and actually having some people here
> thinking that these players and coaches would
> actually try to lose.
> Get real guys, they might lose but they ain't
> trying to. They are still pros and winning is
> their game.

Glad to see you still around leon, well put commentsthumbs up... I feel your pain on the same front... Hopefully the others can get it as well...

Date: October 20, 2011 02:53AM

What a surprise the fans that Dansby lambast and thinks are sad, fairweather, and not real dolphins fan. Are now attacking Dansby for standing up for the team... Makes me thinks Mr Karlos Dansby was 100 percent on the money with his comments, and it is just hard for those fans to accept. So instead of attacking the team, now they attack him for doing the right thing and standing up for his and our team. I have to agree with Karlos....it is sad... But, they will just continue to attack him and the players and some how justify their behavior...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 02:54AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:19AM

Standing up for the team? Standing up for the team??? What team?

What exactly is he standing up for? He sure as heck is not standing up for an NFL team.

I believe that these guys have had their fair chance and they blew it.

Ba a man Mr. Dansby (and hte rest of the organization) and call it like it is. The 2011 MIami Dolphins stink. Why isn't Mr. Dansby (or any other person in this organization) telling it like it is.

They do work hard - sometimes, but hard work and lack of talent and lack of intellengence mean verylittle in this life. I am tired of seeing a poorly run team and the team not admitting it.

They are the laughing stock of the league. Stand up for that.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Date: October 20, 2011 07:50AM

It is sad.

No-one wants to be rooting for us to suck.

The players and coaches have made it happen already! Our team sucks. We can't defend the TE, we can't stop the run, we can't defend 3rd and long against good teams. We can't run consistently, we can't score in the redzone, we don't manage the clock. Our QB is 'ok' but not ok enough to hit wide open guys...or the wide open guy drops the ball. What do you call that? Does that make ANYBODY cheer?

Here's a question to Dansby...do we cheer for what is happening? would that make him feel better? 'Stand by your man'?

No player is going to lay down. Now fan should ask a player to lay down. It is their body, their job. They should play to win. I would never ask a player to suck for luck.

Stephen Ross on the other hand ...can keep Tony S. in charge, tell Ireland not to make any changes, and they has us going in the right direction to get Luck. Ireland may even tell the team doctors to give a darker assesment of injuries.

And let's keep things straight. Dansby attacked the fans first. He called people stupid. People pointing out that he isn't playing like the 'HIGHEST PAID LINEBACKER!!!" in the NFL isn't attacking the Dolphins...it is responding to him calling us stupid. He should let his play do the talking......but I guess he wouldn't be saying much.

Date: October 20, 2011 07:09PM

Bingo. If this team had shown any heart at all and gone out and won at least two games already, I would be cheering for them to pull it off. But our starting QB is out for the season and these wretched losers have just given up. The Browns are AWFUL. They would be right in the running for SFL if they hadn't had the good fortune to play our gutless squad of losers.

The Browns game was the last straw. Suck for Luck, baby.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 21, 2011 08:59AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> Bingo. If this team had shown any heart at all
> and gone out and won at least two games already, I
> would be cheering for them to pull it off. But
> our starting QB is out for the season and these
> wretched losers have just given up. The Browns
> are AWFUL. They would be right in the running for
> SFL if they hadn't had the good fortune to play
> our gutless squad of losers.
>
> The Browns game was the last straw. Suck for
> Luck, baby.

Yep! That Browns game was the tipping point for me too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.