HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My "I'm Embarrassed" Rant
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
My "I'm Embarrassed" Rant
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 07:28PM

I never thought I would say this, not even after 2007, but tonight I am embarrassed to be a Dolphin fan. This team played a decent but not exactly inspired first half, but at least we kept it close. Then , in the second half, as things got worse, this team QUIT. No, I didn't say "tanked", I said QUIT. Not the same thing at all. We all know that this team has more talent than they showed tonight, but as soon as things started to go bad, they went really bad. And they QUIT. I have to believe that this is a manifestation of the coaching staff. And we all know that the ultimate blame belongs squarely on the shoulders of the head coach. I think Sparano is a nice guy, but he's not an effective coach. He's not getting the best out of these players. He and his staff make inexplicably bad personnel decisions. His team shows no resiliency and no heart. He uses what talent he does have poorly. When I look at players like Devon Bess and Jake Long and I see lack of effort, It becomes obvious that some kind of major change is needed ASAP. This Jets game was an important litmus test, and the team and coaches failed miserably. They want our support. Well, this team and this league exist to entertain us. Nothing more, nothing less. We here in Miami are getting a lot less these days. I remember when this team was so good the regular season was just a tuneup for the playoffs. We EXPECTED to make the playoffs. Now, that feeling resides in New England. That alone makes me sick. That we don't even make it difficult for them makes me sicker. The quality of play against the Jets tonight was a clear message on the direction this organization is going.
What I and the rest of the country saw tonight was embarrassing.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My "I'm Embarrassed" Rant
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: October 17, 2011 07:53PM

Yep...a total lack of PHINS pride...and these coaches and players just walk on the sidelines like it's just another HO Hum loss...I'm getting paid attitudes....to see this is killin me!!

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 17, 2011 08:54PM

I just recieved an email from a Lions fan and he's sending me his used brown paper bag with eye holes already cut out for absolutely free.

He says he feels sorry for me.

This is the most irate I have ever felt about this fkn team, seriously could it get any worse??

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 17, 2011 09:05PM

It's going to get worse. It's only week six, dude.

Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: October 18, 2011 01:18AM

What dolphin4545 said is so true, but I'll take it a step further. I don't even need the Dolphins to win games. I just need them to play with spirit (as he mentioned). I don't need to go back to the days where making the playoffs were a given. Look at the other teams that have lost a few games and you'll still see them fighting hard. The Colts may have lost their lead against the Chiefs, but they have a lot less talent than we do and they almost won that game. The Jaguars have 1 player on that team and a no-name Defense and they play great. The Bills have a winning record and all they have is a QB. Don't tell me that those no-name WRs are really that great. Steve Johnson is not better than Brandon Marshall.

BTW, Brandon Marshall (as crazy as he is with his 'personality disorder') is far and away the best player on our team (Jake Long makes for a serious debate) and he is the only player that is playing with heart. I just don't understand why we're not even competitive. I feel that the talent on this team should be able to compete with any team save the top 5. Do you really believe that the 49ers have more talent than us? And yes, I understand the 49ers have played against less talented teams, but they beat the Lions!

I just don't know what to say/think anymore.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 18, 2011 04:21AM

kelreign Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW, Brandon Marshall (as crazy as he is with his
> 'personality disorder') is far and away the best
> player on our team (Jake Long makes for a serious
> debate) and he is the only player that is playing
> with heart.

You lost me here. Dropping TD passes, running out of bounds when he has a clear path to the EZ, laughing on the sideline after making a stupid play is playing with heart and makes him the best player on our team?

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 18, 2011 04:26AM

Yeah, Marshall sucks. He has cost us atleast 3 wins this season.

He needs to be right behind Sparano and Ireland the moment they get fired.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 18, 2011 04:30AM

Turn out the lights...the party is over.

The fat lady is singing and Elvis has left the building.

Come on over to the dark side...

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.