HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Who are the real DolFans.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Who are the real DolFans.
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 07:56AM

No. Y'all are just fair-weather fans.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 08:29AM

pafinfan QUOTE:4) I agree with SamSam3738's list except for #4 and 6.
4) I don't want the #1 pick every year. The #1 pick is for the team with the worse record, I want the #32nd pick every year.

Read again ...........I said in next years draft. Not every year.

We have no choice this year........We are 0-5 and the season is practically over.

I said before that i wanted to win until the cleveland game....And when i saw we couldnt even beat cleveland i said.....This is over by a longshot.................

Now as we speak...............we are 0-5 and out of the playoffs.

So you want us to win a few games and miss out on one of the best qbs coming out of college in a long time.

Why would you want to pick # 15 in the 1st round instead of #1 overall..............In every round...........?

???????????

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: October 18, 2011 08:38AM

I'm never going to root for the Dolphins to lose... screw this "suck for Luck" crap or whatever.

BUT... I am starting to just plain care less and less about all this, with every passing week, and every loss. I'm getting to the point where I'm asking myself why I waste my time watching the Dolphins play, or why I watch football at all. I'm not deriving any joy or satisfaction from this... just years and years of heartache and pain from a team that last won a Superbowl when I was 6 months old. Seriously, where's the payoff for investing in this team and caring about all this?

I think I'm another loss or two from simply walking away and forgetting about football altogether. I'm not going to root for another team or anything, but it's hard to see any reason to continue to care about this one.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:00AM

Every team goes through time like we are right now...

Pats before Belichick were almost always poor to bad. (est 1960)
Bills before Levy were always terrible...after him usually terrible. (est in 1960)
Colts before Manning were amost always poor to bad. (est 1953)
49ers except for the Montana/Young years they've stunk (est 1946)

The list goes on...

Yes it sucks but real fans, are fans, and root for wins even when it dosent make sense to do so...the fact that we are upset when the team loses, makes us real fans. Fair weather fans are the ones that don't really care from week to week.

I root for wins each game, and don't want us to lose ever...but I also realize that losing will give us better oppotunities at players and that should make us a better team going forward...so it's a bit more palitable.

If the season is over there is no point in winning other than the satisfaction of doing so or the development of a winning mindset for the following year...the second one is what we should be shooting for as a team.

winking smileyRe: Who are the real DolFans.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 09:14AM

Ken good luck with that ulcer you are going to get rooting for the phins to win this year...winking smiley

Been close to having an ulcer myself.

I rooted hard in every game on the 1-15 season...

Not this year. I will see every game but i will relax and understand the season is over and wont be mad when matt moore throws a pick 6.

Although it was tough to see the jets return a pick 6 yesterday i was cool with it a few seconds after it happened.

If we do not draft a good QB next year ....or draft one at all in next years draft when there is so much talent at the QB position coming out........its going to be deja vu all over again in 2012 and 1013 and so on..........

And we will see Andrew LUck flourish in another team just like we saw payton manning develop into a hall of famer right in front of our eyes.

I want to have a reason to watch the phins again every sunday...

Right now the only reason is next years draft.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 18, 2011 10:20AM

Sorry I didn't read #4 correctly. But I still want to win games now. Luck is a great QB now but the future is uncertain.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 18, 2011 11:12AM

Anybody who is still here talking about the Dolphins as the team is 0-5 is a real fan. Don't play this BS "you're not a fan" card. Give me a break.

We're all fans here. Some of us want to suffer a little bit more pain now in order to have a better chance of success later. That means we're not real fans?

Really?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 11:14AM

this team doesn't give a crap about how they play or whether they win or lose---why should we?

I agree with r/jay. most fans wouldn't waste their time at this point. we are posting on this freaking board. don't tell me I am not a real dolphins fan. or do--I really don't care what anyone thinks about this.

Date: October 18, 2011 12:05PM

Yup. I've been here for years, through the worst of this crap. Through Ray Lucas throwing four interceptions to the Bills and Greg Camarillo's overtime TD (thank you, Brian Billick).

I still support this team and I'll still be here next year rooting for them. But this season is DONE. This regime is done. There is nothing left but the hope that we can draft a top QB prospect and lure in a top tier coach. If you want to win four games that effing badly, then great. I'm not going to say you're not a real fan.

But don't get on your high horse just because some of us would rather get the #1 draft pick than win two or three meaningless games against bottom feeding teams.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 18, 2011 01:58PM

Real fans want what is best for our team/organization, and that is Andrew Luck.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 18, 2011 02:07PM

What happens if Andrew Luck doesnt come out next year, should we lose all the games the following year as well... When do we decide to stop losing? After we have Luck? I mean detroit needed a top 3 pick in Matthew Stafford, Calvin Johnson and Suh... SHould we throw 3 years of games? When does it end? Maybe we shoud do it for like 7 years or so and then we could create a real Madden team...lol... Foolish right? I hope some of you misery hounds realize the foolishness or rooting for failure... We all want our team to do better, not all of us want submit and quit to do it.. You know what they say about quitting, dont you......Once you learn to quit it is something you never unlearn.... We are still paying the price from quiting in 2007, now you want to add to that burden or monkey on our organizations back...WTF?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2011 02:09PM by Crowder52.

Date: October 18, 2011 02:12PM

Please name me the team that won a Superbowl in the last twenty year by quitting? Oh thats rights there arent any...but somehow our organzation with all of its other problems our going to overcome and be the first...Right and I got a few bridges to sell you..

Date: October 18, 2011 03:34PM

"What happens if Andrew Luck doesn't come out next year?"

What happens if my dog sprouts wings?

Date: October 18, 2011 03:55PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please name me the team that won a Superbowl in
> the last twenty year by quitting? Oh thats rights
> there arent any...but somehow our organzation with
> all of its other problems our going to overcome
> and be the first...Right and I got a few bridges
> to sell you..

oh lord. do you see anything about this team as presently constituted that can even sniff the playoffs let alone the superbowl?
please name me the last team that won a superbowl with a QB as bad as henne/moore, coaches and a GM as stupid as ours, and a team that shrivels up and dies at the first sign of adversity. flush this abortion and start again.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 18, 2011 04:13PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> "What happens if Andrew Luck doesn't come out next
> year?"
>
> What happens if my dog sprouts wings?

You'd be a @#$%& millionaire!

Date: October 19, 2011 02:25AM

berkeley223 Wrote:

> oh lord. do you see anything about this team as
> presently constituted that can even sniff the
> playoffs let alone the superbowl?
> please name me the last team that won a superbowl
> with a QB as bad as henne/moore, coaches and a GM
> as stupid as ours, and a team that shrivels up and
> dies at the first sign of adversity. flush this
> abortion and start again.

Ok, please name a team that sniffed the playoffs in the last twenty years after quitting...Oh yeah that is right there are not any... I am not defending what they are doing or have done but just pointing out how moronic it is to even believe in such a philosophy as quit to succeed...lol... It is a an oxymoron, by definition, so what does that make those spewing it out of their mouths all over us...Moronic, or a person trying to sell oxymorons..lol

Once you learn how to quit, it is something most say can not be unlearned... Much like opening pandora's box...Our team has enough problems without opening a huge negative pandora's box to be foreverer branded and emotionally affected by,,,

Date: October 19, 2011 07:01AM

this team has quit. did you see the jets game? folded like umbrellas at the first sign of adversity. so I don't get your point. somehow fans giving up on the season of a team that has already given up, and pulling for the #1 pick, somehow hurts our chances of making the SB?
this entire regieme and most of the players are out of here next year, so nothing about this year should hopefully carry over to the next.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:17AM

Our guys quit at the end of last season. The last couple of weeks were just embarrassing. If not for the lockout, Tony would not be here right now.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:26AM

we've lost 8 in a row dating to last year. just pitiful.

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: October 19, 2011 07:31AM

Larry, Moe and Squirlly.

Posted by Doug-THE-Broncosfan

Go Miami!!!

SUCK fOR LUCK!!!

Date: October 19, 2011 07:31AM

Some of the Players we have are quality Players. many on on the defense.
However this Coaching staff is the dumps. Parcells dropped the ball and high Tailed it before the bottom really fell out. He knows that much.

#1 , Ross needs to fins a quality GM , someone with Knowledge and experience, someone he can trust. Go from there with a quality X&O person. LUCK is a no brainer if it works out that we are the #32 Team in the NFL. No use wondering about that until Next year.

Date: October 19, 2011 07:44AM

"We will most likely be battling the Rams and Indy for the first pick. " You don't "battle" anybody for the first pick. You lay down with lions, and you're the lamb.

Rick

Date: October 19, 2011 07:48AM

And What happens if this Luck kid doeswn't win the Heisman and a national championship, and decides to stay at Stanford another year? Do we "tank" next season too?

Rick

Date: October 19, 2011 07:49AM

From dolphan4545

"No. Y'all are just fair-weather fans."

Everyone is entitled to thier opinion.

I call myself a wise, experienced and dedicated fan of the Miami Dolphins for the last 37 to 38 years.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Posted by: Andy B. ()
Date: October 19, 2011 07:59AM

Everytime I watch the Phins I want them to win. I used to almost expect it. Now, I have resigned myself to a loss pretty much every week. Personally I don't think a high draft pick is going to help this team. We need a complete overhaul of the entire organization. I don't think Ross has the mindset of a winning owner because he has only owned the team for a short time. My impression of him is that this team is a "play toy" to see what he can do with it. Not like the Robbies who their livelyhood depended on the Phins winning. So, I have a feeling this below mediocre play will continue until the mindset at the top changes.
(Which I hope is sooner than later - I miss my team)

Date: October 19, 2011 08:18AM

Many people hated him, but I sure miss Joe Robbie.

Rick

Date: October 19, 2011 11:01AM

Joe Robby...I can say that I shed a tear when this man passed away. It was the single greatest loss for this franchize ever - not to slight the loss to his family. May he RIP.

Re: winking smileyRe: Who are the real DolFans.
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 19, 2011 02:49PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Ken good luck with that ulcer you are going to get
> rooting for the phins to win this year...winking smiley
>
> Been close to having an ulcer myself.
>
> I rooted hard in every game on the 1-15 season...
>
> Not this year. I will see every game but i will
> relax and understand the season is over and wont
> be mad when matt moore throws a pick 6.
>
> Although it was tough to see the jets return a
> pick 6 yesterday i was cool with it a few seconds
> after it happened.
>
> If we do not draft a good QB next year ....or
> draft one at all in next years draft when there is
> so much talent at the QB position coming
> out........its going to be deja vu all over again
> in 2012 and 1013 and so on..........
>
>
> And we will see Andrew LUck flourish in another
> team just like we saw payton manning develop into
> a hall of famer right in front of our eyes.
>
> I want to have a reason to watch the phins again
> every sunday...
>
> Right now the only reason is next years draft.

RE: I'm not going to get an ulcer...I have developed a talent over my life for letting things go. I had an old Drill Sergeant in the Army that had a saying, "if you don't mind it dosen't matter." Very true in a lot of different circumstances. When it comes to the Dolphins, I do mind, but ultimately, it dosen't matter...because there is nothing I (or any of us) can do to change things. I want the team to win but I don't lose sleep over it anymore.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.