HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Current Pro Bowl LEADERS
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Pro Bowl LEADERS
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 03, 2008 05:55PM

RB Ronnie Brown
LB Joey Porter
OT Jake Long
K Dan Carpenter

go phins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Current Pro Bowl LEADERS
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 04, 2008 08:16AM

I'm a Phins fan through and through, but Ronnie Brown in the Pro Bowl this year? That would make no sense. He's only had 3 really good games. Actually, he has had 3 games over 100 yards. He has been held under 60 yards in each of the other 9 games.

Granted most of the top RB's are in the NFC this year, but there are still several more deserving than Ronnie in the AFC - Thomas Jones, Steve Slaton and Chris Johnson immediately come to mind.

I will say this - we face some very favorable running matchups over the next few weeks. Maybe Ronnie will come up big and be worthy of a spot on the Pro Bowl roster. However, I just don't think he is worthy of that spot right now.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 04, 2008 08:36AM

Is he even on pace for a 1,000 yards?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 04, 2008 08:53AM

Problem with Ronnie is that he is not getting many carries but he should be. He is ranked 10th in the AFC but he has not had much consistent help in the blocking department. If you add RW and RB's yards together, they would rank 2nd in the AFC and 4th in the NFL with 1,202 yards.

Chad is worthy, Bell is worthy, Porter is worthy.

Jake Long? I'm not sure. We are not exactly setting the league on fire running the ball from either side but we are ranked 7th in the AFC...but KC and Oakland are ranked 6th and 5th.

Carpenter is not even ranked in the top 12 for AFC field goals and only has 5 touch backs...so probably not.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 04, 2008 09:14AM

well it is all about the name, also ronnie would have gone last year... the man is due.

Date: December 04, 2008 09:28AM

Yes, I can't think of anyone in the AFC that is a better running back than Ronnie.

.....................................................................................

Date: December 04, 2008 09:46AM

I can think of guys who are having better seasons than Ronnie.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 04, 2008 10:54AM

Date: December 04, 2008 11:31AM

true.

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 11:44AM

Ronnie Brown is getting there because he runs the Wildcat plain and simple... plus, Pro Bowl is about name recognition and often players will get in based on LAST year's performance, and last year Ronnie Brown was the best back in the NFL before going down with injury.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 04, 2008 01:13PM

Probowl picks always make me scratch my head.

It should be done by who has helped their team the most, not by their statistics. Stats always add in but who could argue what Chad Pennington has added to the Phins this year? Who could argue what Ronnie and Ricky have added? Or Jake and others.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 02:15PM

Y BELL
JP
Ronnie Brown (10 TD's enough said. DOn't forget he splits times and carries with Ricky Williams)
Chad Pennington

Date: December 04, 2008 02:26PM

When I posted this last night , these guys were leading the league in votes. Not saying who deserves it or not, but at least we (the phins + fans) are getting some recognition for this year by people around the country.

Date: December 04, 2008 04:14PM

In my mind, if Ronnie was playing like a Pro Bowl RB he wouldn't be splitting carries, or he would do enough with the carries he is getting to still make a big impact (ala Chris Johnson).

Date: December 04, 2008 05:03PM

Not that TD's are the only factor, but 3 RB's in the AFC have more TD's than Ronnie (Lendale White, Thomas Jones and Maurice Jones-Drew). Of those 3, Jones is a Pro Bowler this year. The other two probably are not.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 06:14PM

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 07:23PM

Again... Ronnie Brown is getting the recognition because he runs the WildCat for Miami. It has been a big part of the Dolphins success, and has taken the NFL by Storm. That means every week for several weeks, sportscasters across the nation were showing Ronnie Brown highlights over and over and over... and it stays in peoples' heads. Hell, ESPN even went as far as to have a roar sound every time they showed a Wildcat highlight.

Deserved or not the Pro Bowl is more on name recognition... and Ronnie Brown has it based on his monster year at the beginning of last season and moreso because of the wildcat formation this year.

Date: December 05, 2008 02:21AM

There is no way Samson Satele should be in the pro bowl. He has not had a good year. Wilfork absolutely demolished him. He had a better rookie season than this season.

Date: December 05, 2008 05:57AM

Here's who I voted for:

QB: Pennington, Manning, Collins
HB: Brown, Tomlinson, Jones(jets, vomit.)
WR: Moss, Wayne, Johnson, Evans
FB: Davis
TE: Gates, Gonzales
C: Mawae, Hartwig
G: Goff, Moore, Mankins
T: Long, Ferguson, Clady

DE: Williams(hou)btw thought he was a dt..., Kearse, Freeney
DT: Ferguson, Haynesworth, Wilfork
OLB: Porter, Suggs, Thornton
ILB: Farrior, Tulloch
CB: Allen, Harper, Jammer
SS: Polamalu
FS: Reed
K: Carpenter
P: Berger
KR: Jones-Drew
ST: Izzo

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 05, 2008 08:01AM

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 05, 2008 08:10AM

Miami this year has made trick/gimmick plays extremely common. The fact that we are able to pull these plays off MULTIPLE times a game and execute them shows a lot of discipline.

Brown is the MAN for running the wildcat...it has been successful, it's fun to watch, and exciting. He is a great player and for once it seems like the voting isn't just going to the guys with huge numbers.

I'm all for it.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: December 05, 2008 08:11AM

Oh, and on top of that, who here honestly doesn't think that if Brown makes it to the Pro Bowl he won't be running the wildcat at some point? Wildcat with the best players in the game...sounds like I might actually watch the Pro Bowl this year.

Date: December 05, 2008 09:02AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.