HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Plexico
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Plexico
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 03, 2008 07:46AM

If the giants boot him off the team and somehow he doesnt get any jail time just community service or something like that would you take him if...

we could get him at 3 year 12-15 mill (5 up front) and some cool contract like the giants where if he whats to tote his six shooter we can get that cash back. Or do you think that he would be too much of a head ache.

I think I heard that he has a house in florida? let me know if thats right. If so he may want to reside here in miami where he can do all the clubbin he wants and the gun laws are far less strict.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Plexico
Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 03, 2008 07:51AM

Why would you want to inherit a headache? There qre plenty of good receivers in FA or draft.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 03, 2008 07:53AM

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 03, 2008 08:07AM

screw Plex, the Giants showed the rest of the league everything they should know about him. You do not need him to win games.

What I would really like to see the nfl do is lighten up the rules on hitting these WR's. A lot of big mouth punks amongst their numbers. I bet if the league let the DB's tee off on them like they did back in the day, their minds would be on much more serious things about the game rather than on what crap they can get into or say.

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: December 03, 2008 08:27AM

It's not clear whether he'll have ongoing ankle problems even without shooting himself in the leg.

Parcells went a long way toward instilling a hard work ethic in the phins. I can't see bringing in someone known for slacking.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: December 03, 2008 08:41AM

I would take him. Why not cause he shot himself? Who cares. I also like Chad johnson who will probably be playing for a diferent team next year.

If we can get CJ and PB we can concentrate on different positions in the draft.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 03, 2008 09:22AM

Prima Donna head cases do not fit in here in Miami and the new regime. Why ruin a good chemistry? It's sort of like selling your soul.

No way this ever happens. We may house reformed pot smokers but no gun toting wanna-be thugs. JK

The only reason Ricky is here is because he works hard in practice and the off season. Plex does not and is a cancer in the locker room. Chad Johnson has issues but I am not sure why. He is fine as long as he is winning but still acts like a little girl.

I'll take TJ Housh instead or Marques Colston.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 03, 2008 09:29AM

no.

Date: December 03, 2008 09:48AM

Didn't Crowder crash his truck last year while drinking and had a gun in his car? Sounds like premodana to me and he is doing fine. Some of you guys want a perfect player both on and off the field. Do I think he is an idiot sure he is. But I would take him and I have been wishing for CJ since last season. If I had my pick I would take CJ but either one would be a great asset.

People who have a history of being thugish is one thing but a one time incident like this. If we can get him I say take him. By the way Ricky quit this team smoked pot got suspended for smoking again and he is doing fine also.

Didn't JP gang up on some dude in Vegas also like a punk? Seems to me he is doing just fine also.

Date: December 03, 2008 10:02AM

Good point but Plexico has like 42 team violations this year. He may be the one you don't want to take a chance on.

Crowder left the scene of an accident, a 2nd degree misdemeanor and he DID NOT have a weapon. He still may be a problem child though as he was in trouble for fighting eith cops in college. He also may not be here next year.

We don't need another Chad. Especially one with a big mouth. We already have Joey. That's enough.

.....................................................................................

Date: December 03, 2008 10:39AM

i think plax is a big time reciever. if we can get him and force him into a deal where he has to play right to earn his cash i say we get him. He is without a doubt on of the more dangerous reciever in the red zone. Who else is 6'5'' and can get open, great hands and a great blocker? oh did i mention not selfish...

If we can i would like to see us pull the trigger, he may have his problems but one thing he does not do is divide a locker room and that is the major point. Go to the giants and I would bet that you will be hard pressed to find a guy that wants him off the team.

Posted by: ThaFishula13 ()
Date: December 03, 2008 12:15PM

I love Plax as a player, he's a beast. Of course off the field is a different story as we all know. I trust our new regime and they won't do anything stupid with a player like that, but if he wants to sign a contract full of incentives and conditions I would take him in a heart beat (No Guaranteed Money). I think with a contract like that, he has no choice but to show up and shut up or it's very simple, he's gone!

What do you have to lose? There is noway that Tuna and company will allow any player to make them look bad, so why not?

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: December 03, 2008 02:30PM

That's just asking for trouble; and asking to waste salary cap money.

Date: December 03, 2008 03:51PM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i think plax is a big time reciever. if we can
> get him and force him into a deal where he has to
> play right to earn his cash i say we get him. He
> is without a doubt on of the more dangerous
> reciever in the red zone. Who else is 6'5'' and
> can get open, great hands and a great blocker? oh
> did i mention not selfish...

Not selfish? If he was unselfish, he would have been home resting and getting ready to do whatever it took to get healthy and back on the field as soon as possible....Not hanging out in a night club where he felt it was so dangerous that he needed to brandish an illegal firearm. Or maybe he just thought he was cool by carrying a gun. I don't know about you but I tend not to hang out anywhere where I feel I may have to defend my life. Do you think he was thinking about his team... or himself?

He got paid 30 million dollars to act like a professional. Was he thinking about the faith his employer showed in him or about his young fans?

OK, forget all that. Was he thinking about his wife and kid when he decided to commit a felony just so he could go out and have a good time? and what the heck is a grown man with a wife and a kid doing in a Manhattan night club? Not to hard to figure out.

These idiots make me sick. They think they can do whatever they want just because they are professional athletes and celebrities. They think they are above the law. Half of these morons would be in prison if it weren't for sports and I got news for anyone that thinks that they have a shot to get Plaxico next year....

The Mayor is trying to make an example of him and the MINIMUM sentence is 3 1/2 years in jail. He may be done for good. If convicted, he won't get out of jail until he is 36 years old at a minimum. Who wants to sign a 36 yr old x convict?

He had a concealed weapons permit in Florida but NY aint Florida and you can't legally take a firearm into any place that serves alcohol... even in Florida so I don't know what he was thinking.

Not selfish? Puuuhlease.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 03, 2008 05:39PM

Are you seriously friggen kidding? This guy is playing on an elite Super Bowl team and he continues to F-up. Clearly he has no interest in contributing to a successful team. He's not even a #1 receiver.

Date: December 04, 2008 02:25AM

Would you guys give 40 Mill to get Anquan Bolding? Just wondering how much is too much.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 04, 2008 04:49AM

ThaFishula13 Wrote:
> I love Plax as a player, .....
> What do you have to lose?

A roster spot. Salary cap money. Time & resources better spent on developing a young prospect whose head is NOT up his own arse.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 05:06AM

PASS

Posted by: jpippiniii ()
Date: December 04, 2008 06:09AM

Well I guess I can say this in a nice way.. He is worthless, a waist of time, and he has a s&^%$y attitude. The only thing he would do for this team is cause us to lose from a stressfull worthless supposed #1 reciever, He isn't even a #4 in my book. I hope he goes to jail for a while for being a dumb A#%. GO PHINS!!!

Date: December 04, 2008 06:14AM

Date: December 04, 2008 06:48AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Finhead10 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Would you guys give 40 Mill to get Anquan
> Bolding?
> > Just wondering how much is too much.
>
> I think Boldin has 1 year left after this season.
> But the Cardinals have publicly stated they will
> look into dealing him in the offseason because
> they can't give him a Fitzgerald type deal.
>
> We are 20 million UNDER this years cap. We can
> afford him.
>
> I'd give them Washington's 2nd rounder this year
> and our 3rd or even 2nd in 2010.
>
> Then I'd give him a 5 year, $40 million deal.
>
> But hey, that's me and I happen to think he's the
> best all around WR in the league.

It's all going to come down to what level they tender him as a restricted free agent. The highest would require a 1st and 3rd rounder, next is just a first rounder tender, then a second rounder. I would expect they would tender him at the highest level. I'm not sure I would want to give up draft picks. He is 28 and we need to build thru the draft. We need more than just one player so we need to get two players with two picks. We could get a player like Colston or Houshmanzadeh for no draft picks. I don't think either are as good as Boldin though but....

Wes Welker was tendered athe the 1.3 Million level which would require a 2nd round pick so you know Bolding will be higher. The Pats threw in a 7th rounder to avoid the red tape of a tender sheet.

Ask yourself this...

Would you give up Jake Long and Kendall Langford for Anquan?

We had higher picks in 2008 but under another scenario at the lower 2nd round tender...would you give up Chad Henne for Boldin?

We will probably pick between 20-24 unless something miraculous happens so would you trade any TWO of these players who were taken beyond the 20 spot???

Phillip Merling, Eddie Royal, Sam Baker, Chris Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Brandon Flowers, Dustin Keller, James Hardy, Matt Forte, Desean Jackson, Steve Slaton, Sam Baker, Felix Jones, Aquib Talib.

These are the types of players we would be passing on for one player who will be a year away from 30 next season. All heavy contibutors and mostly quality starters.

No thank you! I have too much faith in Ireland and Parcels to draft quality players.

Date: December 04, 2008 07:23AM

Date: December 04, 2008 10:48AM

Posted by: grooves12 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 11:42AM

Having an off the field issue is one thing... but this has ON the field issues as well. He is a locker room disruption, doesn't attend meetings, has personal issues with other players and coaches.

I think it speaks volumes when a team will make a player sit out a game as punishment... especially one like the Giants that lacks any other solid playmakers at his position. Plus, they did it more than once... and this was before the shooting himself incident.

Why would we want a guy who won't show up to meetings and practices on a young team that we are still trying to build chemistry and a winning attitude with??

Date: December 04, 2008 02:13PM

News flash! A lot of these guys when they come into the league are straight shooters and then they go nuts doing stupid things. We only hear about the inccidents that become public. I won't beat a dead horse my opinion, I would take him. Ofcourse none of us make that call so it really does not matter. But you can't argue the fact that he is a dangerous WR

Boldwin? Hell yeah I would take him!

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: December 04, 2008 02:59PM

BP and company will not let go of draft picks for Plexiglass.

Date: December 05, 2008 02:19AM

Boldwin?

Posted by: Thirteen ()
Date: December 05, 2008 06:52AM

ranger1 Wrote:
> News flash! A lot of these guys when they come
> into the league are straight shooters

Gad. Don't say that. winking smiley

If it were last year, and we were wondering at 0-12 or whatever if Miami would win another game in our lifetimes, I'd be saying we should grab Plaxico. But the Dolphins are already much improved, going in the right direction, etc. and I don't see how bringing in a head case like him would help, regardless of how good a WR he might be. Way more harm than good at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2008 06:56AM by Thirteen.

Date: December 05, 2008 08:59AM

The guy is going to be in prison for atleast 3 1/2 years. How good will he be after that!?

Date: December 05, 2008 09:17AM

wow this is becoming like a daytime soap opera. Who would ever think that you could blow a hole in your leg, basically get fired from your job, lose out on millions of dollars and those things are just the least of your problems...

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.