HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bills Try To Open The Dome!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bills Try To Open The Dome!!!
Posted by: tonybaby5 ()
Date: December 03, 2008 07:28AM

Meanwhile, a belated move to have the roof of the dome open at the Rogers Centre in Toronto for Sunday’s game is expected to fall short of the mark. The contract both teams signed mandates the roof be closed. Miami will be playing its second straight game inside a dome after winning 16-12 at St. Louis Sunday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 08:40AM by Phinsfan2.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bills Try To Open The Dome!!!
Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 05:22AM

Do the Jills want cheese with all that whining??!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 08:41AM by Phinsfan2.

Posted by: jpippiniii ()
Date: December 04, 2008 06:10AM

I really hope the dolphins give us a repeat of their first encounter with the jilly willys!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 08:41AM by Phinsfan2.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 04, 2008 06:49AM

Bills trade to open the dome? WTF does this mean? smiling smiley

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2008 08:42AM by Phinsfan2.

Re: Bills Trade To Open The Dome!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 04, 2008 07:25AM

Did they trade us Lee Evans in a swap to allow them to open the dome? I think I take that trade!

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: December 04, 2008 07:57AM

LMFAO!!! i was thinking the same thing...

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Date: December 04, 2008 07:59AM

I meant to say tried but did not know how to edit. Geeeeeeez tough crowd!!

Date: December 04, 2008 08:07AM

LOL!!! Dont worry bud, we all fat finger sometimes! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 08:39AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: December 04, 2008 09:33AM

Now that makes sense. LOL

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: December 05, 2008 10:05AM

MORE BS

To: Ralph Wilson Jr. and Rogers Group

We here in the city of Buffalo, N.Y., and the surrounding western New York area are full of pride -- pride in our area, pride in our families, pride in our heritage, and of course pride in our Buffalo Bills. For years we have grown up in the shadows of such great players as Jack Kemp, Joe DeLamielleure, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas and so many other great players that we can't possibly mention them all. In that same shadow we have all been raised to believe one thing, we do not like the Miami Dolphins. Who could forget such great moments in the rivalry between these two great franchises such as back on Oct. 29, 1989? At then-Rich Stadium, Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino's streak of 19 consecutive games without getting sacked came to an end in a loss handed to them by the Buffalo Bills 31-17 before a crowd of 80,208 screaming fans. Or even back in 2003 when Ricky Williams and the Dolphins came into Buffalo and took an early lead only to end up losing late in the game as the snow began to fall and the Bills made an amazing comeback to the chorus of the sell out crowd singing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow?" How about the infamous moments of Bryan Cox making obscene gestures to the Bills fans, creating a spark, which kept the rivalry alive and well during the memorable Super Bowl runs of the 1990s? These are the moments and the games that ring true in each Bills fan's mind that leave us hungry to see which day they will play Miami in Buffalo each season, hoping that it will be during the midst of our cold native December weather. When the schedule came out this past year we were all prepared for the new relationship that was budding between Mr. Wilson and the Rogers group. We expected to have one less home game, but imagine our shock when we saw that it would be against our most heated rival during the time of year that gave us the most advantage; that's right, the Miami Dolphins during the long, cold month of December. As Bills fans became both outraged and confused the local TV and radio airwaves buzzed with people voicing their opinion for a few weeks but slowly died down once people came to the realization that this is how it is going to be, and ackno wledged the potential for vast opportunities that may arise in the future.

This leads us to the point of this petition, as Bills fans we understand that in such a small market we have to give and take what we can to keep this football team, while also understanding how much this endeavor to Toronto could actually help us in the long run. Luckily the Rogers Center has a neat little trick up its sleeve that could give the Bills the HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE for the cold December weather, and that trick is opening the dome! This will not only give the Toronto crowd the authentic game day feeling of being in Buffalo but also remind Miami exactly where they are?. BILLS COUNTRY!! So Mr. Wilson and esteemed members of the Rogers Group, we, western New York Buffalo Bills fans know that we are losing a home game but it would be even worse if we lost the advantage.

Sincerely, The members of FACeD* and the signers below

Bills fans petitioning to open the dome....
Date: December 05, 2008 10:20AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 05, 2008 10:42AM

why dont' we compromise...according to that petition they enjoyed being flipped off by Bryan Cox. How about we agree to fly Bryan up there to shoot them a nice bird again. But we play with the dome closed.

Posted by: ThaFishula13 ()
Date: December 05, 2008 11:01AM

I can't wait for Miami to come up to Buffalo again in two years in the cold and beat the crap out of them, maybe they'll complain that they should've played indoors... Bunch of Buffalo Ho's

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: December 05, 2008 11:09AM

Wow marino went 19 games without getting sacked... Thats a whole season!!! playoffs included!!! thats gotta be a record. Can you imagine if you were marino and chatting with your buddies saying, hey did I ever tell you about the year when i never got sacked. Who can say that. Especially when you think about carr who got sacked like 76 times in only 16 games. talk about a qb that makes his like look better.

FYI you can tell that I am a dolphin fan cause reading that article that is all that I got out of it, 19 games no sacks...

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 05, 2008 06:26PM

Finhead10 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they trade us Lee Evans in a swap to allow
> them to open the dome? I think I take that trade!

OH YEAH

Date: December 05, 2008 06:45PM

Is it too late to leave the wife and kids and go to TORONTO for the weekend?

Date: December 05, 2008 06:57PM

"Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system." --

Bill Walsh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.