HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Marino and Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Marino and Marshall
Posted by: bravedave13 ()
Date: September 26, 2011 05:52PM

Could you imagine what a tongue lashing Marino would of gave Marshall on his stupid missed routes? This guy is no beast at all,I would trade in for 2nd or 3rd rounder right now. He has dropped more TD passes that could of won us at least two games. He is always crying and making weird body signals like it's Henne's fault when he drops the ball. Henne needs to slap the crap out of him and never throw his way again. Joey Porter should find him and all his different personalities and kick his wife beating ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marino and Marshall
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 26, 2011 09:54PM

God how I miss Marino.

I doubt I'll ever see anyone equally compared to him leading this offense ever again in my lifetime. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:26PM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 27, 2011 05:42PM

He runs great routes. Henne is the problem. His passes are hard to catch. Especially the ones that hit DB's in the face. Marshall isn't the problem. No QB is the problem. We haven't had one in so long most folks have forgot. Henne is a nice kid. But he's not an NFL caliber winner. He's an ongoing "problem." Marshall isn't the problem. Check your stats. Henne sucks when he has the chance to be a winner. He isn't a winner. If he was he'd play somewhere else. get it?

BNF.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 27, 2011 08:18PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 28, 2011 01:45AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He runs great routes. Henne is the problem. His
> passes are hard to catch. Especially the ones that
> hit DB's in the face. Marshall isn't the problem.

Jay Cutler and Kyle Orton must have been the problem, too, because Marshall was among the league leaders in dropped passes playing with them, too. And not sure if you saw, but last week, Marshall said that he doesn't have good hands. He said that he often looks to run before he catches the ball, and it results in a lot of drops. But, hey, what does he know?

He's also admitted that he doesn't run great routes. He says that he learns about route running from Davone Bess every day, and that he's envious of Bess' ability to run routes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2011 01:46AM by dolfanmark.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:42AM

Marshall needs to go. He is overrated and I dont want him on this team anymore.

As far as Henne goes, I think he is a great backup QB, but I dont think he is a franchise guy. He cant get it done when it matters.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:47AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Marshall needs to go. He is overrated and I dont
> want him on this team anymore.
>
We all know how you feel A&O, but while Marshall isn't part of the solution he certainly isn't the main cause of the problem. In fact, I don't think he even makes the top 10.

Date: September 28, 2011 04:51AM

I dont know Vic, if Marshall catches half the passes he has dropped, we are 2-1 right now. Either way, NFL, professional, paid, WR's are supposed to catch the ball. Not drop passes.

---------------------

Date: September 28, 2011 05:00AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> I dont know Vic, if Marshall catches half the
> passes he has dropped, we are 2-1 right now.
> Either way, NFL, professional, paid, WR's are
> supposed to catch the ball. Not drop passes.

NFL, professional, paid, O-Linemen are supposed to protect their QB, not be a turnstile. NFL, professional, paid, RBs are supposed to gain yards and protect the ball...not lose yardage and fumble. NFL, professional, paid, coaches are supposed to motivate and discipline their team...and they're SUPPOSED to have answers!! NFL, professional, paid, GMs are supposed to increase the talent level on their team based on its needs...not decimate it. NFL owners are supposed to support their organization, coaches, players, NOT second guess them, threaten to fire them, then say "just kidding".

I'm sure we could find a whole host of people to blame (how about Thomas for his fumble in week 2?), but I find it easier to blame those in charge (owner, GM, coach) as they are accountable for what those under them do.

Date: September 28, 2011 05:38AM

I was being totally sarcastic OK.

In times like these what else is there to do?

But seriously, players tend to suck when they come here (and coaches too) and then somehow get a lot better elsewhere.

Weird. Maybe it’s the S Beach flu?

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Henne's best game against NE? He's slipped a bit since then hasn't he?

Date: September 28, 2011 06:16AM

Vic,

But nobody other than Jake Long on our O-line is paid more than Marshall. When you are paid like a top 5 WR...you should be producing at that level.

---------------------

Date: September 28, 2011 06:22AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Vic,
>
> But nobody other than Jake Long on our O-line is
> paid more than Marshall. When you are paid like a
> top 5 WR...you should be producing at that level.

Good point, but I'm more concerned with the state of the overall team than how one overpaid plays. We've had tons of overpaid guys who didn't even see the field in recent years. If Marshall was blabbing to the media and being a locker room cancer, then I'd be all for getting rid of him. At this point he's nowhere near one of our top concerns.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 28, 2011 07:40AM

Marino would have given him a lot of grief for drops and sloppy routes...TRUE.

Marino would also have hit him in stride when he got behind defenses, would have dropped the ball in over the defendor. Marino would understand his strengths and throw the right ball to the right guy.

Marino threw rainbows to the Marks brothers, bullets to his tight ends, lobs to his RB's. Pretty sure he invented the shuffle pass. Full arsenal, picked the right weapon everytime.

Marshall has had a history of averaging 1 drop per game, BUT he was thrown to a lot more as well. More receptions, more TD's, more yards after catch.

Production is tied to supporting cast. Put Tom Brady behind our OL and his stats will plummet. Ask Wes Welker to play in our offense, and he gets fewer balls thrown to him, fewer rec's, and more broken ribs.

If Marino played with Marshall? Marshall's production would be dramatically higher.

Date: September 28, 2011 07:53AM

Marino was a Franchise onto himself and the MOST LETHAL PASSER in the history of the game. There isn’t anybody coming here like THAT no more. Forget about it. This dude Luck may be good – but no player is ever going to do what Marino did at his best. He was utterly dominant. And could inflict his will on the game.

We all know how poorly his career was managed. And to play for all those years with zero running game and a crap D – well all those wins where because of Danny alone. And his greatness extended Shula’s career by at least 10-years. In retrospect, that was at Marino’s expense IMO.

Marino would have Marshall playing some serious football. There’s absolutely no doubt about that.

BNF.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 28, 2011 07:55AM

Date: September 28, 2011 08:01AM

ghotirule Wrote:
> There seems to be an expectation that any QB that
> isn't Marino isn't worth squat and needs to be
> drummed out. No QB will be Marino. This is a
> curse.

There won't be another Jim Brown, but I'd LOVE to have Darren McFadden on our team. There won't be another center like Wilt Chamberlain, but that wouldn't keep me from wanting Dwight Howard. There won't be another Jerry Rice, but Calvin Johnson is awesome.

So, here's hoping we can FINALLY get another great QB so people stop drudging up Marino. I bet there were plenty of Griese-Woodley or Griese-Strock conversations way back too.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 28, 2011 02:53PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 28, 2011 04:55PM

I am not trying to drum Henne out at all. I like Henne; he is progressing. Once he gets a little more poise in the redzone he will be a dangerous QB.

He'll never be Marino...no-one will.

But this thread was looking at how demanding and intolerant of screw-ups Dan was, and how he would blast Marshall; and I was pointing out that Dan made the guys around him better and might not have the same reason to blast Marshall as Henne does.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.