HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Marshall Knows who should be QB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Marshall Knows who should be QB
Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: September 25, 2011 01:49PM

He would talk to Matt Moore after Henne would miss throws. His stats may be good, all accept points on the board, 3rd down conversion, and red-zone throws. Those are the real stats that matter. Henne can not, and never has been able to close the game. Sparano is not HC material, but if they had a good QB, we would be a contender

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marshall Knows who should be QB
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 25, 2011 02:53PM

We have MUCH bigger issues right now than QB...Henne has not been the problem this year. So far he's been holding up his end of the bargan.

Look at it this way, if Marshall catches every TD this year that has hit him in the hands then dropped, makes 25% of the other catches he has dropped, and Bess catches 25% of the passes he's dropped, and Bush holds onto the ball, and Thomas holds on to the ball, and Carpenter makes 50% of the kicks he's missed.

We are 2-1 right now.

Thats not even factoring in the balls Gates has dropped, Hartline has dropped, Bush has dropped, receivers running the wrong routes, our very inconsistent pass rush, penalties, injuries, coaching mistakes, blown coverages, incorrect angles, or lastly the few mistakes or errant passes from Henne.

Then, if the defense actually makes 50% of the tackles they've missed and mental error are cut in half...we are 3-0.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 25, 2011 02:56PM

Henne's red zone stats would be a lot better if Marshall hadn't dropped 3 TD passes in 3 games.

Date: September 25, 2011 02:58PM

True...

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 25, 2011 03:00PM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 25, 2011 03:28PM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The problem is, Henne is only now figuring out
> that Hartline #1 WR.
>
> I would have no problem if they benched Marshall
> for the rest of the season and started playing
> Hartline, Bess, and Gates.
>
> Marshall is a cancer who refuses to do what it
> takes to score points. He's a bum and needs to be
> off this team.

The penalty Marshall committed today was ridiculous. He forced his team from a 26 yard FG attempt to a 41 yarder. That could have been devastating. Don Shula would never have tolerated that crap. Sparano should have chewed him out on the sideline and benched him. But, no, everyone is afraid of Marshall because if you discipline him, he may pull the same crap he pulled in Denver. Unfortunately, in the red zone, Marshall has been more of a problem than a solution. And that kills us, because with his size, we need him to be a dependable red zone option.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 25, 2011 03:28PM

Use him as trade bait. This team will be gone next year anyway.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 25, 2011 03:29PM

I have said ever since we traded for him, that Marshall is overrated.

Dolphinmark and myself were lambasted for calling for his trading before this season.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 25, 2011 03:44PM

Hey Ken, hell if we just relied more on our defensive front to pressure the passer than our secondary to cover, we'd be 3-0.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: September 26, 2011 03:45AM

Marshall IS over rated. But saying Henne isn't part of the problem is more head-up-the-a$$ denial. This guy can't get it done when it matters (just like most of the rest of the team).

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 26, 2011 03:49AM

I agree marshall is a bum. Bigtime bum.....And im sick of him already and his tantrums.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:23AM

KB Wrote:
> ... saying Henne isn't
> part of the problem is more head-up-the-a$$
> denial. This guy can't get it done when it
> matters (just like most of the rest of the team).

I will agree with that overall, do a degree. It can be argued that play-calling in the red zone, combined with multiple drops of well-thrown passes that would have been TDs, is partly to blame. But, a top-tier QB will get the job done regardless, through audibles and choosing other pass targets.

The difference between Henne and the rest of the team is that Henne has shown improvement.

Date: September 26, 2011 04:29AM

Yes. Exactly. He has showed vast improvement. Especially in the areas of leadership and confidence, those things are very evident.

But, he still is an average QB when it comes to throwing a team on hs shoulders and "willing" a team to victory like the elites do.

---------------------

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:34AM

Henne and thomas are the only offensive players playing with any heart.

marshall is ochocinco. they can put up good numbers that make people want to overlook them running the wrong routes 3-4 times a game.

henne may be playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. it's a jail break every time he drops back to pass and let's face it, the team just doesn't know how to use bush or the middle of the field.

late in the game in the redzone, we ran off tackle on first and second down had had a one option pass play called on 3rd and goal. we play to kick fg's.

so sick of the same crap week in and week out. sparano just can't get away from the conservative parcells crap.

Date: September 26, 2011 08:50AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey Ken, hell if we just relied more on our
> defensive front to pressure the passer than our
> secondary to cover, we'd be 3-0.

RE: Yes, IF the defensive front applied a bit more pressure that would have helped us to win some games.

My point was however, that there are many reasons why we are 0-3 right now and Henne is near the bottom of the list.

Date: September 26, 2011 08:52AM

I agree, BIGTIME!

Date: September 26, 2011 08:57AM

Nah, even though Henne hasnt made mistakes, he also hasnt done anything that you are looking for in a franchise QB.

He needed less than 10 yrds to set up a game winning field goal and couldnt do it.

Rivers, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Fitzpatrick, Brees and a couple others could have done that with their eyes closed.

So, with that being said, Henne (although playing good) is right near the top.

---------------------

Date: September 26, 2011 08:59AM

He has to be near the top. He is the QB. We have had the ball in 3 straight games with opportunities to win and cant get it done.

He couldnt win us 6 games last year when we had the ball on the final drive to win. He cant do it and although he is playing well. Its not well enough.

---------------------

Date: September 26, 2011 10:18AM

But let's take the last game, Aqua.

We've got the ball in great field position with five minutes to go tied.

It is decided that we will run clock down. (As it turned out, we were running down our own clock.)

You can't run down 5 minutes off the clock if you're at the midfield.

So, anyone with brains would say, "Hey, we've got a field goal in our pockets. Let's play for a touchdown because if we score that we are up by 10 and ...GAME OVER. If we get to the point where it's four down, then we kick the field goal."

What we do is to run as much clock as we can. Play for the safe field goal (which was ours anyway) end up leaving 2 plus minutes on the clock being up by only 6 points and then get beaten by one point.

Now if you want to criticize Henne, you can go back throughout the game and blame various people at various times.

Why not blame it all on Bush's fumble?

Why not blame it all on Marshall's drop?

Why not blame it all on anybody who got a Browns drive-sustaining penalty flag thrown on him?

That's the difference between me and most people on this board. I think to look at global problems and solutions unless one person sucks so bad in a game that he not only screws up one time but repeatedly in the game.

Henne missed some endzone passes but other people did things that would have made a difference as well.

But coaching is far more important.

The coordinators are the ones in a close game that are responsible for winning or losing UNLESS as I stated above there is one players screwing up MANY TIMES and the loss can be laid upon him.

Most people on this board are blaming either Sparano or Henne.

That shows a lack of football knowledge.

In Ireland's scheme, all Sparano does is coach the players how to play and how to run the plays that are supposed to be run.

He is not responsible for game play calling or strategy.

He didn't screw up this game, the coordinators did.

My problem with Sparano is that he is so little respected that he does not DEMAND the right to make on the field decisions.

I don't know whether Sparano is a good coach because he is a enunch. He has been castrated and is operating castrated.

That was the way Henne was last year.

But the difference in Henne last year and Henne this year is that he is changing the play on his own much more frequently.

I think he gets nervous in the red zone but that's not why we're losing.

We're losing because we can't stop anybody from driving down the field because all they have to do is pass on us.

And we are losing because when our offense has the chance to put the game away, we don't do it.

And the most aggravating thing is that it is one thing to play to only score a field goal when you're tied, but WHY PLAY FOR ONLY A FIELD GOAL WHEN YOU'RE UP BY THREE????????? particularly when you have the field goal GUARANTEED in the first place.

Offensive and defensive play calling is the problem.

And I don't know how many games we will win this season but I'll make this prediction..........We will NOT win a game by LESS THAN 14 POINTS.

WTF does that mean?????????

That means we will not win a close game because we don't have the brains in our stadium box, either offensively or defensively, that will allow us to win a close game.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 26, 2011 10:37AM

Let me divide the blame:

Ireland:

- Signing NEW players week to week that have never played for us before (like that Igor guy, who cost us a 15 yard penalty during one of Cleveland's drives). Why sign Nate Jones instead of Benny Sapp? Why sign a Igor Whatever over A.J. Edds, when our deepest position is DL and we're hurting bad at ILB? Did he forget that Randy Starks has played DT/NT before??!! Meanwhile, the only real trade chip we have (Merling) was inactive for the game!!

- Running us like a fantasy team. He's done this for 2 years now, making constant roster changes week-to-week. Does any other team in the league do this?

- Lack of coaching accountability. Doesn't Ireland have the power to hire and fire assistant coaches, or am I wrong? Remember Bonamego? Henning? Now Nolan's defense is slacking...but no one is lighting a fire under these coaches to get things fixed!

Sparano:

- Lack of discipline. Under Shula we were, year-in and year-out, the least penalized team in the league. In 2008 we did a good job at keeping our penalties down. WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT??!! Since Shula left we've been, overall, one of the most penalized teams in the league. That's lack of discipline.

- Lack of conditioning. Why are so many of our guys out or hobbled with hamstring or groin injuries? Why are our guys constantly coming up lame during games with cramps??!! WTF is that all about?

- Lack of player accountability. This goes all the way back to the Joey Porter incident. Did Sparano ream JT for the off-sides penalty that kept Cleveland's last drive alive? Of all people, JT probably would have understood and accepted the criticism, but far-be-it for Sparano to show some cojones!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 10:41AM by montequi.

Date: September 26, 2011 10:47AM

montequi....quote..... but far-be-it for Sparano to show some cojones!!

and instead of showing some cojones.....i hear him on the radio saying how well this player played and how well the other player played.....

Take this cojonesless coach out of here please.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 26, 2011 10:52AM

A pendejo without any cojones?

That's a lost soul right there.

Date: September 26, 2011 01:46PM

Chyren,

You have to understand something, Sir. The NFL we live in today, not the one you grew up on, the one of today, you *HAVE* to have an elite QB to contend.

So, that definately is the case. And Henne is not elite, so the question begs to ask...

Why not upgrade?

---------------------

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 26, 2011 01:49PM

What happens at QB is all going to hinge on what happens to Sparano and Ireland. This is Henne's last year on his contract. If we re-sign him to a long term deal before the end of the year, then we're committing to him and we probably will NOT be drafting a QB. If we don't re-sign him, then we're expecting he will NOT be with the team next year...and then we'll be desperate for a QB. There won't be any middle-ground this time.

If we keep Sparano and Ireland for the rest of the season, I'd expect they'll try to re-sign Henne. If they're let go, then Henne is toast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2011 01:52PM by montequi.

Posted by: jtksurf ()
Date: September 26, 2011 03:15PM

dolfanmark Wrote:
> Henne's red zone stats would be a lot better if
> Marshall hadn't dropped 3 TD passes in 3 games.

Really there is nothing more to say then this! We're talking about passes hitting him in the hands. Worry about catching the ball Brandon and now who's throwing it. Idiot

Date: September 27, 2011 04:45AM

jtksurf Wrote:
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Henne's red zone stats would be a lot better if
> > Marshall hadn't dropped 3 TD passes in 3 games.
>
>
> Really there is nothing more to say then this!
> We're talking about passes hitting him in the
> hands. Worry about catching the ball Brandon and
> now who's throwing it. Idiot
> .

And we are talking zero comebacks by henne...He always makes sure the ball gets intercepted on all of his last minute drives over and over and over.......every game hes had a chance to come back the same thing happens over and over and over and im about to grow an ulcer in my underarms of raising my hands in disgust.

I took a really cold shower after the game two days ago you know.

Im sick of henne and even more sick of marshall.

PS. Baseball doesnt get me upset........The heat were in the finals and lost and it didnt get me much upset.....

PS.2 Football is my favorite sport.....And im not talking about soccer. I hate soccer....i mean NFL Football....I don't know why football gets me so upset...............

PS.3 I sleep like an infant....( Yes thinking and dreaming of little angels and everything ).....every time we beat the jets.

GO PHINS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.