HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We win!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We win!!
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 30, 2008 11:13AM

this is a game we 100% lose last year and lose more often than not since wanny reared his horrible stupid head in these parts. I don't care if it is ugly--I am thrilled with the win! we've got 7 wins already---anyone remember 1-15 last year!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We win!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 30, 2008 11:24AM

Date: November 30, 2008 11:26AM

what is the lattes reference?

Date: November 30, 2008 11:38AM

come on--no positive posts after our 7th win? If we lost I bet this board would be out of control

Date: November 30, 2008 11:52AM

Go Steelers! Go Broncos!

Posted by: Stoyanovich10 ()
Date: November 30, 2008 12:06PM

So DID THE COLTS & RAVENS, UNFORTUNATELY!!! And Pats are playing NOW!! Too bad we lost that BIG HOME GAME LAST WEEK.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 30, 2008 12:17PM

Today was a rough day. Watching us struggle the way we do can be so frustrating. So we start with two false start penalties that are complete nonsense, clearly offsides on the defense according to my own 3 minute DVR review of the play. Then we miss a bunch of big plays, tackles behind the LOS for a loss, a few near sacks, etc. (although the secondary did warm up later in the game picking Bulger off) Smiley goes down hard, no idea how bad it is. Then we're playing from behind and Ricky's touchdown gets called back because Indukwe thinks he's in a wrestling ring. Finally on 3rd and 12, just inches from the redzone, what do we do??? More of that amazing head-scratching, Cam Cameron play calling. We chuck it to Bess behind the line of scrimmage with little to no blocking on the side of the field where the better half of the Rams defense is camped out sitting right up against the line.

So, to review, that's 3rd and 12, and a lateral/horizontal toss to our slot receiver behind the line of scrimmage with virtually no blocking (besides of course a quickly manhandled Anthony Fasano rolling on the ground in front of him further obstructing his path). This is just the worst play calling sometimes and whenever we pull this nonsense at these crucial moments they all not so surprisingly end the same way. Aside from this boneheaded play call and the fact that Jake Long was MANHANDLED today by Chris Long, I guess we should sleep easy knowing that at least we won. Unfortunately, it seems like every week we start to unravel more and more and expose huge holes that we’ll need to fill next year in the daft or free agency. I mean obviously that’s the point of it all, but we seem to take a step back at certain positions that at other times look ok. The D line for instance...I have no dea why we can't ever seem to get pressure on the QB. And this was the Rams, one of the worst O-lines in the league. Maybe I'm just being a glass half empty kind of Dolphan, and we really are in good shape at 7-5 playing the way we did today and have been lately and blowing all those opportunities we did against what is essentially a league worst Rams team.

P.S. Did anyone think Jake Long played well today, or even adequately?

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 30, 2008 02:42PM

Panteraize Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> P.S. Did anyone think Jake Long played well today,
> or even adequately?

He didnt give up a sack against chris long. Jake is a future pro bowler for the next 16 years. Just imagine a better richmond webb. Or at least he has equal talent as webb.

He practically played on one foot and had his way with chris long.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:22PM

Panteraize Wrote:
> Aside
> from this boneheaded play call and the fact that
> Jake Long was MANHANDLED today by Chris Long

Hmm..I didn't get to watch the game, but I haven't heard ANYONE say C Long had his way with J Long. Where do you get that C Long MANHANDLED J Long?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:27PM

Stoyanovich10 Wrote:
> So DID THE COLTS & RAVENS, UNFORTUNATELY!!! And
> Pats are playing NOW!! Too bad we lost that BIG
> HOME GAME LAST WEEK.

They all lost exept us. Almost our entire division.Life is great. Those dumbass jet fans must be feeling the pain right about now. Pat fans too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 03:28PM by samsam3738.

Date: December 01, 2008 06:12PM

Are you serious, no one noticed this?

Early in the game on one of their first big collisions, Chris Long completely manhandled Jake blasting over and around him. He just pushed him over like a rag doll and Jake fell to the ground, while Chris got up in Pennington's face pressuring him and disrupting the play. I think Chad was just barely able to throw it away as Long knocked him down.

And after a few quarters of football, seeing what looked like Chris Long getting the better of the matchup most of the afternoon, the booth did a little segment on how the matchup had been going so far, highlighting Chris's exceptional play. They ran this little montage' of about 5 or 6 plays starting with the one I just mentioned above. Every one of them shows Chris aggresively pushing Jake around, giving him a hard time. The announcers were giving Chris credit for taking it to Jake like that. Jake did't give up the sack, but Chris got through and pressured Chad a few times blowing up a play or two. It really looked like Jake was struggling with C. Long's speed and aggressiveness (not to mention relentlessness). I hope Jake's foot was injured worse than any of us knew and thats what made him struggle so much all afternoon.

Date: December 01, 2008 06:28PM

I didn't see that

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 01, 2008 07:03PM

Chris Long beat Jake Long on one play, that I saw.

Chris Long did get a sack, but it was on a play in which Pennington went WAY outside the pocket to his left and you really couldn't blame Jake for that.

Jake played pretty damn well for a guy with a bad ankle.

Date: December 02, 2008 03:57AM

Yup Jake long dominated chris long for sure.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 02, 2008 11:58AM

did you guys notice that Jake even beat him on a bad leg....you can tell by the way he was moving.

It's better to win ugly this year then lose ugly last year!!!!!!smileys with beer

Date: December 02, 2008 01:21PM

Date: December 02, 2008 01:59PM

Whatever. The fact is that chris long only sack wasn't even jakes fault it was a bad snap. If i had to pick i would pick jake long again with the first pick overall. Total stud.

Again on one leg.

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: December 02, 2008 02:07PM

Chris Long is a terrific player, but he's no JAKE LONG.

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: December 02, 2008 03:55PM

for what its worth, I'll take Jake Long and Phillip Merling to Chris Long and whatever LT we could have had at #32 (6 other tackles came off the board in the 1st round.... the next OT didn't go until rd 3, where as we were allowed to grab Merling at 32 and Langford at 66)

no complaints here

and, a win is a win no matter how you view it... i'd rather be tied for 2nd than tied for last

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Date: December 02, 2008 06:43PM

Jake Long kicked butt with one leg tied behind his back. Chris Long was shut down. Really not even close. Jake is a stud.

Date: December 03, 2008 06:32PM

ghotirule Wrote:
> Jake Long kicked butt with one leg tied behind his
> back. Chris Long was shut down. Really not even
> close. Jake is a stud.

If by shut down you mean thrown to the ground like a rag doll on the play Chris Long ended up smashing up Chad Pennington on mid throw resulting in an errant incomplete pass, then yeah Chris Long was shut down.

You're kind of late to the discussion on this, we covered this already. The only point at which it could be argued that Chris Long was shut down was after we started double teaming him, when Alleman, Williams, and Fasano came over to help Jake out. That was a smart readjustment at half time. Bad ankle or not, Chris disrupted Chad during the entire first half. For more on this see above. Let's put this to rest now.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: December 04, 2008 05:12AM

One sack??!! and Chris dominated Jake and threw him around like a rag doll.....then he would have had more then 1 sack.confused smiley

Date: December 05, 2008 05:33PM

For the last time, they double-teamed him! The entire 2nd half, he had help. And the reason they double-teamed him????

1 sack, missed blocks, 3 QB hurries, and one huge hit on our Quarterback that caused an incomplete pass and left Jake Long rolling on the turf. All in the 1st half.

So to clear up any confusion you may have, yes, I said "dominated" because of everything I just said and the resulting game plan switch at the half that had us setting double teams against Chris Long to try to help Jake contain him.

Date: December 06, 2008 02:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.