HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pouncey weakness connecting on the second level
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pouncey weakness connecting on the second level
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:59AM

Well, we all see the shine in pouncey and his ability, the guy is strong and can seriously move for a guy 6'5 300...But he has continuosly wiffed big blocks when he is out there running free.. I think to solve this in the interim these RB's need to get behind Pouncey when he is at the next level, the problem is getting the RB's to know what Pouncey is gonna do and Pouncey what the RB is gonna do becasue he hasnt figure out how to connect as good as need be yet. If the Runner just tucks in behind him, he will destroy whatever is in front of them... Let the runner draw the tackler into Pouncey rather then Pouncey chasing the tackler in open space and wiffing at a quicker guy...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pouncey weakness connecting on the second level
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 11:44AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 12:18PM

Yeah you are right PF2, that is exactly what I was saying that we should cut Pouncey, and sign Berger or Grove.... Cant people have an ratonal discussion about a player and how things are going or what would work better... My point was instead of putting the extra pressure to connect on his own which has taken him off his feet and out of a few plays, if he just stayed on his feet, and put the decision and adjustment on the runner rather then Pouncey... He has alot going on and is beast, but I believe this would drastically help him and his play... Sorry I didnt realize, we cant bring up any notes on watching tape... Surely the organization is just looking at it like rosey glasees and patting themselves on the back....lol....

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 12:39PM

Posted by: Phinlo ()
Date: September 17, 2011 03:32AM

I would love to hear they start having POuncey go to RB meetings..but since this is his second game i wont cross my fingers yet. I expect to hear it about the 10th week tho

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 17, 2011 07:15AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 17, 2011 01:57PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 17, 2011 02:09PM

Now after giving that time to sink in and posting this for the rest of the people whose intelligence it will not go over (although I'm certain it will zip by yours).....when you complained about people moaning about players we "cut," I did not take it literally because I am not a pedestrian minded person, although I should have realized that you are and should have known that you were talking literally, in fact, autistically.

I thought you were using "cut" as an overall designation for people we have let go, traded, not tendered a big enough offer to, etc.

That is why I immediately posted LAMBASTING the administration for not keeping Welker and Ginn, who were traded, as well as Will Allen, who was cut.

BTW, I never defended Crowder. Not because I thought he was bad, but because I thought it was more of an injury thing.

But this is beside the point. You're a kool-aid drinker and a militant kool-aid drinker.

Whether its trade or not matching offers, you would defend this AND EVERY administration to the hilt.

So it really doesn't matter that you got me wrong on Pouncey.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 17, 2011 10:54PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I am not a pedestrian minded person, although I should have realized that you are and should have known that you were talking
literally, in fact, autistically.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is "talking autistically" supposed to mean?

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: September 18, 2011 04:29AM

For those of us who have an autistic family member (in my case, my 11 yr old son), what exactly do you mean by that remark? I find the use of the term to demean or insult a member of this forum offensive.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 18, 2011 07:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.