HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne Hater eating crud
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Henne Hater eating crud
Posted by: kelreign ()
Date: September 13, 2011 04:55AM

I want to say that I have talked a lot of junk about Henne over the years. One of my good friends, who is also a Dolphins fan told me that Henne made great strides this off-season. I told him, "no way, especially with no mini camps and limited practices... no way he made 'great' strides."

I am so happy. He was harassed all night and he still had a great game.

I am so happy that I was wrong. I also admit that I had been talking junk through the off-season.

Go Phins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne Hater eating crud
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:00AM

I didnt talk much junk about henne but i had my doubts and negativity about him..

Today i feel relieved somehow....The OL stunk and henne still passed for over 300 yards.

Henne might be the future afterall. He is young and has great upside great arm......and he showed some legs as well. although i dont want him running much....or running at all.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:31AM

Henne deserves some positive love, I agree. And based on the game last night – yea, it appears he’s developed his game in significant ways. But let’s not go overboard, it’s just ONE game. And there are still some obvious “adjustments” to be made and more consistency needed.

Henne played GOOD, but not “great.” Although he was “great” in comparison to himself last year – but not “great” relative to the NFL standard. We left too many points on the field last night and missed on a number of opportunities.

Date: September 13, 2011 05:38AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Although
> he was “great” in comparison to himself last
> year –

thats all we are asking BNF.

Date: September 13, 2011 05:47AM

Pass the salt! I will eat my show as well. He played balls out.smileys with beer

Can't say the same for the rest of the Team though. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:49AM

I was glad to see that he was taking the majority of his snaps out of the shotgun. That alone was a major difference from last season. He had more time to read the defense and assess his options. He showed very good poise in the pocket even with pressure. As the leading rusher for Miami he was very un-slothlike. The coaches still have alot of work to do with the o-line.

Date: September 13, 2011 05:50AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Pass the salt! I will eat my show as well. He
> played balls out.smileys with beer
>
> Can't say the same for the rest of the Team
> though. eye rolling smiley

Lets just say henne and the receivers get a B+

Everybody else gets and F minus.

Date: September 13, 2011 06:34AM

Reggie Bush the reciever gets a B+. reggie Bush the RB gets a huge "F".

Date: September 13, 2011 06:44AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
reggie Bush
> the RB gets a huge "F".

Credit that to the OL.

Date: September 13, 2011 07:25AM

They get some of the blame for sure. But They didn't pass on the 1 Yd line twice (and fail) because of the line.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 07:49AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:10AM

It doesn matter, the bottom line is Henne had a career night against a pretty good defense. He had 416 yards passing a 59 yard rushings, 3 TD's total and only one late in the game interception...
Henn was probably the second best Qb in the NFL this week. He looked better then Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford, Philip Rivers,etc. The only guy in the NFL he didnt look better then this week, was unfortunately our opponents Brady... But damn that is pretty good company.... Now if we can just figure out why our stacked defense fell apart, even with halftime adustments... Our defense looked like they were out of shape, from lack of practices and conditioning..

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: September 13, 2011 08:39AM

I've always been a supporter of Henne. The moment I saw that pass against the Cardinals in the second week 2008 by garbage time, I knew we had something good coming. Just like our most disliked Hoodie coach said last night at his conference: "This is not a one man show".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.