HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Feeling Nervous...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Feeling Nervous...
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 10:10AM

Four hours until game time... and I don't have any feel for what might happen. I'm either going to go to bed tonight totally bummed or stay up late to watch the replays on every sports channel there is. Any words of encouragement about why we're going to win? What's the feeling out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feeling Nervous...
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 12, 2011 10:14AM

I have nothing. No idea at all what to expect. Sorry about that. The only good news I can offer at this point is I think what we see tonight will give us a good idea of what kind of team we're going to have this year.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 10:23AM

I am bouncing out of my skin as well. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning, waiting for my parents to wake up so I could finally open a present.....lol

On the game, the weather is rainy and overcast at the moment, so that might affect the game, not sure at this point but it has dumped so water the last few hours...

Look for our defense to come out strong. And Reggie Bush and Marshall to be early targets in a pass heavy offense... Look for NE to go to the TE or guys like Woodhead and Welker early.

Last time NE was in Miami, we played well in the first half and limited their offense, before our ST. fell apart to open the second half... ST, always has a big chance to be the deciding factor in gaining momentum and winning or losing...

GO Phins!!!! I am looking for a W against the AFC east title holders to open this season up...

Date: September 12, 2011 10:24AM

ps- they are gonna have a hard time stopping Cam Wake

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 10:39AM

I have a stomach ache....

It was probably the 7 hard tacos and 1 cinamon twist i ate at taco bell 30 minutes ago. That along with the phins playing tonight.

My belly was about to burst 5 minutes ago.

Not anymore.

Coming out the Jon feeling 10 pounds lighter baby.

GO PHINS.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2011 10:42AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 10:50AM

I have a stomach ache....

It was probably the 7 hard tacos and 1 cinamon twist i ate at taco bell 30 minutes ago. That along with the phins playing tonight.

My belly was about to burst 5 minutes ago.

Not anymore.

Coming out the Jon feeling 10 pounds lighter baby.

GO PHINS.

LOL. Thanks, I needed that.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:17AM

Jason Taylor is taking a rookie RT back to school. I sense a trifecta from JT....Sack, Strip, FR for TD.

Look for Brady to go to three step drops to get rid of the ball early because of constant pressure. Look for a big game from Jared Odrick.

That means we had better cover the TE slot and RBs well tonight.

I also look for Henne to go deep early for Marshall or Gates or both.

We match up pretty well on paper. Lets see how it works on the field.

It's been a rough year. I need something good to happen for a change. Lets go Dolphins!!!!1

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:41AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one (nervous as hell).

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:42AM

We better kick some A$$ or I am going to hear a boatload of $hit from friends and co-workers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 11:45AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We better kick some A$$ or I am going to hear a
> boatload of $hit from friends and co-workers

If the pats win are you going to be doing the braggin dolfan say the truth?

Date: September 12, 2011 11:46AM

eesti Wrote:
Look for a big game from Jared Odrick.
>
> That means we had better cover the TE slot and RBs
> well tonight.
>
> I also look for Henne to go deep early for
> Marshall or Gates or both.
>
> We match up pretty well on paper. Lets see how it
> works on the field.
>
> It's been a rough year. I need something good to
> happen for a change. Lets go Dolphins!!!!1

I agree...... I am especially looking for the DLINE including Odrick to be beasts and dominate the game.... In Belichicks press conference, he said Miami has giants on the Oline and DLine and that is how they have built there team. He also added that, they have never played Reggie Bush, and are nervous about how to match up with him... He also said, Smith and Davis, are 2 of the best corners in the game.. He said Davis can do it all. He also said Sean Smith is a freak, because of his size. He says, there are very few CB's who have the size to match up with NE's big TE's and recievers..
I know every body hate the Patriots, but I dont have the same disdain for them I do the Jets. The Patirots, especially Bellichick and Brady have always been pretty respectful of our team and franchise even when we didnt neccassarily deserve it... That being said I hope we pound them tonight....

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 12:56PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We better kick some A$$ or I am going to hear a
> > boatload of $hit from friends and co-workers
>
>
> If the pats win are you going to be doing the
> braggin dolfan say the truth?

No I will be miserable

Date: September 12, 2011 01:18PM

I love it, becasue tonight is when I am going to have my wife freaked out and my son laughing at watching me in amazement, just becasue of the energy and screaming at the TV screen that will occur for 3 hours... I plan on being reprimanded tomorrow by my sons pre-k teacher for keepin him up so late.... Yes, Miami Dolphins football season has begun, one of the greatest joys in my life and I wouldnt have it any other way!!!! Glad to share the experiece with my family and you guys!!!!! Lets Go Phins, pull one out for your boys!

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 12, 2011 01:44PM

Let me give you all some perspective on the season a couple of years ago my son was really upset because his college team, and favorite player lost to another team. Their went their chance for a national championship, and other accolades. I had to tell him that it's only a sport, and to hell with all of them because in the real world life still goes on WIN or LOSE. Which brings me to my point now 32 teams start out with one goal only one team will win it all so right now every team has about a 3 1/2 % chance to win the super bowl. So sit back watch, and enjoy the season because odds are your team won't even make it to the final game just saying. Those who think this is life or death please get a life for others their's probably no hope for you guys. It's only a game if the events of 9/11 taught us anything live life to the fullest. Root for your team, but let's keep things in perspective that would be a wise decision for all who contribute to this board.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 12, 2011 01:48PM

real nervous right now....

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: September 12, 2011 01:52PM

Finshady, its football we love it, we dont need perspective. Go Phins!!! I am going to scream my head off and cheer like it is the last Dolphins game i will ever see. I try and live every moment as if it could be the last, LIFE, Football Dolphins!!! Its a game but is also a great joy and I am going to soak it up!

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 12, 2011 01:55PM

finshady,

does someone regularly piss in your Wheaties every morning?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 12, 2011 02:01PM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:36PM

How are all of you amped up feeling right about now pretty good huh? I try to tell everyone it's not life and death, and I'm still attacked, but I'm not dipressed as the rest of you because. This team's name should be the Miami LET Down's they do it each and every season, and big game. I don't let it bother me any more, and for that I get grief while the rest of you are off too see your shrinks in the morning go figure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.