HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mistakes and Poor play are a Reflection
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Mistakes and Poor play are a Reflection
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 27, 2011 06:13PM

of this coaching staff, and the players we have have on this team. We get the ball back with 3 minutes to play in the 1at half,and Marshall tries to do too much again is stripped and fumbles. The Bucs go down score tie the game, and then win in the 4th quarter in the meantime. The offensive line sucked. Way to many penalties, and no holes for the running backs. The defense lets a fat slow running back catch a screen pass and ramble for 52 yards against our 1st string defense. No sacks of which to speak of, and way too many stupid ass penalties. Does this team have talent yes. Does this have have good coaching questionable. Do other teams have both hell yes starting with our opponent on MNF. I don't want to beleive the nay sayers when they talk about this team, and failure, but after tonight we better play a hell of alot better or 6-10 might not be that far off my friends. Maybe the problem is Sparano how can you game plan, and still have such an ill prepared poor effort against this Bucs team. I mean you know what they are going to do because their coach is basically a rookie who dosen't deviate from his game plan. Belechick killed him in the 1st half when the Patriots played them. Why is it that our coaching staff seems retarded,or at best the ones who took the short bus too and from school. The effort tonight was just freaking ridculous, and from waht I saw Sparano does not finish the season. I am sorry these are his players, and his team, and tonight they played as if they forgot what the rules of football were all about embarassing really. And don't give me dude this is pre season and means nothing because the mistakes you make today you will certainly make tomorrow, and in other games because this team always regresses from when the season starts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mistakes and Poor play are a Reflection
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 28, 2011 02:36AM

Finshady Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> of this coaching staff, and the players we have
> have on this team. We get the ball back with 3
> minutes to play in the 1at half,and Marshall tries
> to do too much again is stripped and fumbles.

Tried to do too much? Sorry, that fumble wasn't any result of extra effort by Marshall. Did you see how he was holding the football? He was holding the ball against his chest with his forearm around the middle of the ball, with both ends of the ball exposed to defenders. You learn to tuck the ball away and protect the ends of the ball in Pee Wee football. Marshall has to take care of the ball better.

I don't think you can get too carried away with the results of a preseason game. Look at the Pats last night. They laid an egg against the Lions, and I don't think anyone is going to say that it's all Belichick's fault.

There were definitely some stupid things that need to be fixed. And there are other things that aren't going to get fixed. On the 52 yard pass to Blount, both Cam Wake and Karlos Dansby ran with the TE, leaving Blount uncovered. One of them screwed up, and it was likely Wake. Sean Smith then compounded the problem by trying to punch the ball out of Blount's arms instead of tackling him. That cost another 20 yards on that play. But, that's one of those things that's not likely to get fixed. Sean Smith doesn't like to tackle. He's a big corner, and he may be physical with receivers, but he always shies away from contact in the running game. That's why he and Davis have switched sides this season. They put Smith on the side where there is more help against the run with the strongside backer and Yeremial Bell.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 28, 2011 03:26AM

Mark, dont waste your time and knowledge on finshady.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: August 28, 2011 03:41AM

Its Pre Season. This is when the Coaches go to work. Can't fix what you don't know is broken. We also had a long layoff with the Lockout. If this stuff is happening in mid October then you have a point.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: August 28, 2011 06:20AM

The penalties definitely are a reflection of the coaching staff.

The team has always seemed under-prepared with Sparano at the helm.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: August 28, 2011 06:52AM

I agree on Marshall that that was a good attempt to get extra yardage and just a good defensive play coming from behind and punching it out

Nobody complained on the same thing on the TD

That is what we got him to do.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 28, 2011 08:06AM

Krunk Fu Wrote:
> The penalties definitely are a reflection of the
> coaching staff.
>
> The team has always seemed under-prepared with
> Sparano at the helm.

Except that we've annually been among the least penalized teams under Sparano.

Date: August 28, 2011 08:49AM

We need to sign Waters and O Hara and get rid of Columbo & try to trade Jerry for something or we will be in for a long season. Might give Justin hartwig a look

Date: August 28, 2011 08:52AM

Whatever happended to Ciron Black former LSU O line man that played over 50 consecutive games, and looked decent in SR Bowl?

Date: August 28, 2011 08:56AM

Hey aqua don't waste your time on Finshady what a statement because I am respectful of all posters for the most part. We disagree on some players so that makes me a waste of time, but I do know football. Last nights game was a terrible reflection on how this team will lose games. Point#1 we get a safety on the bucs Qb, and it is wiped away by a stupid illegal contact penalty on our oldest most experienced veteren JT. If their no penalty we lead the game have momentum and get the ball back with great field position. Instead nothing we force the Bucs to punt, and they win the game. Don't tell me penalties and stupid plays don't matter because they do even in preseason. That is just one example how many int's did the defense drop. So the same things that plauged us last will plauge us again this year I think.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 28, 2011 09:24AM

Both are true, Marshall was PROBABLY both trying to get extra yardage but in his own stupid egotistical manner wherein he is not taking care to hold on to the ball WHICH IS ALSO WHAT THEY TELL YOU FROM PEE WEE FOOTBALL.

I say probably because I did not see the game and won't see it until today at 8pm pacific time when I see the replay on NFL network.

But it sounds like typical Marshall.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 28, 2011 09:56AM

Finshady Wrote:
> Point#1 we get a safety on the bucs Qb, and it is
> wiped away by a stupid illegal contact penalty on
> our oldest most experienced veteren JT.

Are you sure that penalty was on JT? the gamebook says the safety was nullified by penalty on Will Allen.

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 28, 2011 10:35AM

Date: August 28, 2011 10:39AM

I watched the entire game except for the final last couple of minutes, and the ref called the penalty on Taylor who was in coverage. The hard part is Josh Portis did not even have time to back pedal before he was sacked so where did the illegal contact take place. I mean this team is always killing itself with stupid penalties in games especially at crucial times. When are we going to get rid of this bad karma that we have had since the 08 season. My guess would be hell I don't know because I've run out of why this team has the worst luck out of all of the teams in the league.

Date: August 28, 2011 11:49AM

100% JT. He co$t us 2 points. Gave them the momentum to score.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 28, 2011 03:18PM

wow. . . first off the coaches dont gameplan for the preseason, its all individual matchups. its obvious that everything that happened is fixable, marshall will look at the film and see that he was not carrying the ball correctly and fix it by making a greater effort to hold on to the ball. the team will see the penalties and an emphasis will be made on playing cleaner. the screen pass is a blown assignment by someone and even if it is a hole in the defense it can be fixed. again, no gameplan so nolan is calling vanilla defense. no blitzes=fewer sacks. nolan does not like to show any blitzes in preseason if you remember from last year as well. its not like TB had their way with the miami defense so just relax. nolan is a great gameplanner and the defense has enough talent that this is the least of our worries. besides TB won 10 games last year so obviously they are talented.

penalties piled up for both teams so it may have been a little on the referees for officiating tightly. also, penalties are not uncommon in the preseason as everyone is still shaking off some rust, yes even in the "all important" third game.

I'm not saying all is perfect for miami. obviously things need to be addressed and fixed and this is what the preseason is for. but its not doom and gloom and this is not how miami will look in the regular season.

i dont even know why i waste my time posting this, haters are gonna hate, and if you want to buy into the negative media portrayal of the dolphins or eat up the results of one preseason game then you will do it no matter how much knowledge and facts are thrown in your face.

Date: August 28, 2011 04:15PM

I don't but why do we always seem to play lousy when we should at least be able to block the other team and intercept tipped passes by the other team. Do you not see a pattern here of missed oppurtunities and blown assignments each and every season. What is going to make this season any better? I said it once, and I'll say it a 1000 more times good teams don't beat them selves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2011 06:20PM by Finshady.

Date: August 28, 2011 04:28PM

finshady, i understand the frustration and i am frustrated by these things as well but it does not mean we cannot be a good team. we dont block well at times because we are breaking in a rookie C and a G that has only been playing the position for two weeks and a T that has been slipping the last few years and the best T in the game is not playing yet. we cant have great players everywhere especially when we went into the off season with so many holes on offense. the oline will be a work in progress and they wont play great every week but potential is there to be a solid unit.

obviously we continue to play poorly in certain areas but we also are substantially better in others. the defense make big strides last year and hopefully the offense will this year. if the offense stays pathetic or the defense regresses then i will lose faith but there is no real evidence of either to this point.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 28, 2011 06:00PM

I'm still convinced that the O-Line issues aren't all about the players we have. The coaches have to shoulder a large part of it (most of it, if you ask me). I keep going back to Hudson Houck. The man could coach. I wish we had him back.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 29, 2011 10:21AM

I watched the game too and was taken back by the sloppy play. Penalties glore. Pretty amateur, IMO. Griese thought it was the refs cracking down to get play ready for the season, yet, numbers provided of other games going on at the same time showed this game to be the odd ball among them. When there's lousy execution--timing is off--blocking and running patterns are off etc. That's what happened. The foolish penalty by JT was inexcusable. He knows better than that! C'mon Jason.

The O-line is still not a working unit. Good thing they are not a "high wire" or trapeze act--They'd all be in the net. While they seem to be hefty enough, big in weight, it sure seems they need more strength, and a lot better execution to go along with the extra strength they seem to lack. The direct ahead running was non-existent. There was no effort, as I recall to open up the running game either on the outside or to get Bush in the open with swing passes.

When Jake Long gets back at LT, I'm not sure he will be ready to improve the line play. We can only hope he's at least a step faster than Murtha--who is a huge disappointment along with Colombo, Carey (very slow), Incognito and our rookie Pouncy (needs strength). Did I leave anyone out? If I did, my mistake.

I'm looking forward to the last preseason game on Thursday, the on to the litmus test against the Patriots.

Posted by: CanalByJoeRobbie ()
Date: August 29, 2011 01:38PM

Really its just a safety in the preseason...its ok guys...far as Marshall he did the same thing in Denver and Central Fl...he makes plays doesnt fumble alot but we can cut him and sign Oronde Gadsden...Oline has been awful for 2 years not gonna get fixed in a shorten off season it is what it is

Date: August 29, 2011 06:47PM

im sure jake long will be at least a step faster than murtha. he is the best OT in the game. one poor outing especially in preseason is not the final judgement for the OLine as a unit. give them time for gods sakes, they have 3 new starters, its not like they have been playing together for a few years. Sporano should shoulder some blame but he has put together a very good oline before in 09 and a good one in 08 so he has the potential to put together a talented unit. Carey needs time to help his transition, if he is quick enough for DE than he is quick enough for most DT. Pouncey needs experience, he hasnt faced some of the behemoth NT in the NFL before so he will need experience and technique work to know how to play them. Colombo just needs help, he will need help from Fasano (the best blocking TE in the game) and the RB's.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.