HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Anybody watching the game?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anybody watching the game?
Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: August 29, 2011 06:41PM

A&O, it hasn't always been the worst unit. in fact in 09 it was probably our best unit. It suffered last year and it is not looking great this year but there are 3 new starters and Jake Long has yet to play so it will look better in weeks to come.

montequi, i agree i would rather have a good pass blocking line than run blocking but colombo is not crippling. i think RT is a priority but would you rather have one of the OT taken in the second half of the 1st round or would you rather have Pouncey? those are the choices Ireland had last year and i agree with him and take pouncey to solidify the middle of the line. good OT arent usually available in FA so I think it is just difficult to fill all the holes on an understaffed offense. Again, KC had and still has a horrendous pass blocking RT but Cassel stayed healthy last year and made the playoffs so it is obviously not crippling.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: August 30, 2011 03:32AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> Again, KC had and still has a horrendous
> pass blocking RT but Cassel stayed healthy last
> year and made the playoffs so it is obviously not
> crippling.

from profootballfocus.com

For KC, Barry Richardson graded out as the 62nd tackle in the league for pass blocking. Colombo was 76th. Richardson's overall grade was a -11.6. Colombo's was -34.1. Richardson's pass blocking grade was -12.2. Colombo's was -25.0. Richardson committed 10 penalties. Colombo committed 9. Richardson allowed 4 sacks, 7 QB hits, and 30 QB pressures. Colombo allowed 7 sacks, 11 QB hits, and 40 QB pressures.

So, yes, KC had a bad RT. But, Colombo is worse, and not by that small a margin.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 05, 2011 04:39AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we're going to play with a horrible RT the
> entire year, then this year is wasted. Hopefully
> Henne won't get hurt.

Looks like I had a crystal ball. dolphin1423 disagreed with me. I wonder what he thinks NOW?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.