HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          we need to
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
we need to
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 06:54AM

hire someone from the ravens or packers front office to run ours. they consistently nail the draft and make the right decisions picking their spots in trades and FA. not sure who the #2 is in their organization, but we need to make them our #1. of course this all requires DUMPING ireland which I think we will do, but based on Ross's comments about how much talent we have (huh??) I have my lingering doubts

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: we need to
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 04, 2011 07:26AM

I wouldn't mind someone from Pittsburgh either.

From a coaching perspective (not GM), NE would be nice.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 07:36AM

I wish someone would buy the phins, we need a new owner.

Date: October 04, 2011 07:50AM

toko34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wish someone would buy the phins, we need a new
> owner.

I want Micky Arison!!!

Posted by: CanalByJoeRobbie ()
Date: October 04, 2011 08:00AM

i agree Management sucks when the Titans Bills and Redskins can win and the Fins just dont look like an NFL team. Reshard Jones get a clue

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 04, 2011 10:49AM

CanalByJoeRobbie Wrote:
> i agree Management sucks when the Titans Bills and
> Redskins can win and the Fins just dont look like
> an NFL team. Reshard Jones get a clue

Its because they make the right FO hires.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 11:40AM

I think if Sparano, is able to string together a chunk of wins after the bye week, there is a chance he will get a pass on the bad start. Although the busines end of things could force him out. But with Ross' mishandling the offseason and the lockout, I think Ross might be understanding, at least unless the business side says we have to have a coaching change to save face.
Mistackling, blown assignment, bad defensive hurry up, injuries, etc can all be blamed away on the team just not being ready in time because of the shortened offseason. If we have less then 5 wins. I would most likely see, Jon Gruden wanting and most liley taking the job if it was offered, and Ross would keep Ireland in place for at least another year. Gruden gushed all over the talent and the possibilities of this team in the monday night lead up to new england. He was singing the praise of the talent Ireland has been able to assemble in Miami. It sure sounded to me, like he was applying for the job to Ireland and Ross, if things didnt work out with Sparano this season... Only time will tell, but I doubt we make any moves before seasons end...

Date: October 04, 2011 11:47AM

crowder, you are so far out there with this team I don't know what to say. It totally SUCKS. If Ross keeps Sporano after this season there will be a fan revolt. Even he is not stupid enough to do that. You keep focusing on the small details and missing the big picture---this team as constituted is garbage, the people who put it together are completely to blame. Clean house and start over. Anything else would be suicide for Ross

Date: October 04, 2011 11:50AM

Date: October 04, 2011 11:53AM

Crowder, you also came on the game thread vs. the Chargers, and after the 1st quarter declared: "watch, we will win this game!"

Come on, Crowder.

---------------------

Date: October 04, 2011 11:58AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Crowder, you also came on the game thread vs. the
> Chargers, and after the 1st quarter declared:
> "watch, we will win this game!"
>
>
>
> Come on, Crowder.

Yeah well we looked decent in the first QT before Henne went down didnt we? what was the score 7-3 or 10-10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 11:59AM by Crowder52.

Date: October 04, 2011 11:59AM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Crowder, you also came on the game thread vs.
> the
> > Chargers, and after the 1st quarter declared:
> > "watch, we will win this game!"
> >
> >
> >
> > Come on, Crowder.
>
>
> Yeah well we looked decent in the first QT before
> Henne went down didnt we? what was the score 7-3
> or 10-10

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
No. We looked terrible.

---------------------

Date: October 04, 2011 11:59AM

Matt Moore led us on that TD drive, not Henne.

---------------------

Date: October 04, 2011 12:02PM

And I also said it in response to your post that we would go 0-16, if you look it up... You blame the team for quitting but you guys on that thread were quitting in the first qt... I belive in the talent of this team and think they will get on a streak and win some games, you think posted we will go 0-16. DO you really believe that?

Date: October 04, 2011 12:02PM

Nah, I dont believe we will go 0-16.

I think we will go 1-15.

---------------------

Date: October 04, 2011 12:06PM

crowder, you're hanging on too tight. I don't take ANYTHING Rosenhous says at face value--everything is an angle with him, he's an agent who represents a ton of players on this team and also has to deal with management. I mean, come on.

I doubt we got 0-16 but 2-14 is certainly a plausible outcome. And if that is the case, you can be damn sure I want Andrew Luck at the end of the day. Sure, if we didn't miss tackles or any of the other crappy things we do, we'd probably have a better record. Fact is, we are 0-4 and didn't make any of those plays. And I don't know how anyone can blame the shortened offseason, everyone had to deal with that. We returned basically the same team and staff as last year, so if anything, we should have an advantage over the teams which did not.

Date: October 04, 2011 12:15PM

We have a talented young Rb in Daniel Thomas, we have a talented scat back in Reggie Bush. We have a talented well rounded TE in Anthony Fasano, We talented recievers in Bess, Hartline, Marshall and potentially the young Gates. He talents LT and Center in Long and Pouncey. We have a young talented defensive line with players like Jared Odrick, Paul SOlia, Kendall Langford, Randy STarks, Mcdaniels, Merling, We have talented players in the secondary Vontae Davis, and YB, with young players like Jimmy WIlson and Nolan Carrol showing they can have what it takes to play in the future... We also have seen Henne show alot of progression this year, even just barley into the offense in a shortened offseason... I see a future, and I just think it hasnt come together for us this season as a unit. The MLB play is the key to defense looking so bad, everybody wants blame Reshad Jones, it is more on the MLB being playing so horrible the safeties and Cb are having to do all the run support, which means fail and losses... Danby can play, so I know he must be injured, either that or he just doesnt have the mental reaction time and leadership to handle being the Qb of the defense. Burnett, seems to himself to be taken off his feet alot, or tied up in the line by someone he should have shed easily, he looks lost.. Burnett has stats with other teams and so does Dansby, so is it them, injuries? New system, new responsinbilities, etc.. Either way there is 2 much talent on this team, my guess is they all despise there boss in Ireland and thinks Ross is a joke, and the player loyalty and dedication is in the toilet... If you resent your bosses, it takes the energy out of you and a big hunk of that drive that other players are being inspired by rather then depressed over..

Date: October 04, 2011 12:25PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> crowder, you're hanging on too tight. I don't take
> ANYTHING Rosenhous says at face value--everything
> is an angle with him, he's an agent who represents
> a ton of players on this team and also has to deal
> with management. I mean, come on.

I like the top gun reference, Berk, and no I am not, I am just a supporter of this team. When I sit down to watch the game, at home or in my living, every part of me roots for success and believes in it every game I ever watch.I It would be impossible for me to not root for this team any week... i was raised on Dolphins football, going to games with my grandparents and Dad, since before i can remeber. I grew up in the Marino era, with the majic and proof that anything was possible in Miami Dolphins football, sure we didnt get a ring but, i cant tell you how many times Marinos gut, fortitude, talent and sheer will overcomed the largest of odds or deficit, to fight to the last second for a win... That is what this team and the energy this organization needs to get back to. And that is who I am, I dont quit, and I dont quit on anything I support or believe in, come hell or high water... There is always a way, and I root for my team and players to find that way, nothing hanging on to tight, just what I consider being a fan or maybe a man in my case...

Date: October 04, 2011 12:26PM

Crowder, you are drunk on Aqua & Orange liquor, man.

Our team does have talent, yes. But, they are the biggest under-achieving team I have ever seen in my life. I think what you are seeing now is a team that has given up....

and its a direct reflection of when Ross went after harbaugh. I think the players understood that the FO doesnt want Sparano...

so why should the players?

---------------------

Date: October 04, 2011 12:31PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> We have a talented young Rb in Daniel Thomas

YES HE LOOKS PRETTY GO SO FAR, BUT INJURY PRONE TO DATE. NOT A GOOD TRAIT IN A RB
we
> have a talented scat back in Reggie Bush.

REALLY? HE'S OK, BEEN A DISAPPOINTMENT IN HIS NFL CAREER, NOT SOMEONE TO BUILD A TEAM AROUND FOR SURE

We have
> a talented well rounded TE in Anthony Fasano,
UH, HE'S AVERAGE AT BEST. AT LEAST 50% OF NFL TEs ARE BETTER

> talented recievers in Bess, Hartline, Marshall
BESS IS A GOOD SLOT GUY (NOT AMAZING). HARTLINE IS ADEQUATE AND MARSHALL IS WAY UNDERPERFORMING HIS CONTRACT
and

> potentially the young Gates.
POTENTIALLY

He talents LT and
> Center in Long and Pouncey.
AGREED--THAT'S 2/5 OF THE OL, WITH THE REST BELOW AVERAGE AT BEST

We have a young
> talented defensive line with players like Jared
> Odrick, Paul SOlia, Kendall Langford, Randy
> STarks, Mcdaniels, Merling,
SOLAI IS GOOD. STARKS HAS BEEN JUST OK LAST 2 YEARS AND GETTING OLDER. ODRICK HASN'T REALLY SHOWN MUCH TO THIS POINT. LANGFORD IS A SPACE EATER NOT PLAYMAKER, BUT HE'S GOOD AT THAT. MERLING IS AVERAGE AT BEST. MCDANIELS IS DECENT. NO SUPERSTARS IN THE GROUP, AND ONLY 1-2 PLAYERS I WOULD SAY ARE "GOOD"

We have talented
> players in the secondary Vontae Davis, and YB,
> with young players like Jimmy WIlson and Nolan
> Carrol showing they can have what it takes to play
> in the future...
OH MAN. YB IS DONE, HE'S GOT NOTHING LEFT. CARROLL HAS SHOWN NOTHING BUT THAT HE IS NOT NFL CALIBER AT CB. WILSON, WHO KNOWS, MAYBE HE WILL TURN IN TO SOMETHING BUT FAR TO SOON TO KNOW. VONTAE IS GOOD BUT NOT A PLAY MAKER. I SEE YOU LEFT OFF S SMITH---HE'S NOT IMPRESSED ME THIS YEAR AT ALL. NO STARS IN THE D BACKFIELD AND GLARING HOLE AT FS (AGAIN)

We also have seen Henne show alot
> of progression this year, even just barley into
> the offense in a shortened offseason...

I WON'T GO THERE. HENNE HAS BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH AROUND HERE.

I see a
> future, and I just think it hasnt come together
> for us this season as a unit. The MLB play is the
> key to defense looking so bad, everybody wants
> blame Reshad Jones, it is more on the MLB being
> playing so horrible the safeties and Cb are having
> to do all the run support, which means fail and
> losses... Danby can play, so I know he must be
> injured, either that or he just doesnt have the
> mental reaction time and leadership to handle
> being the Qb of the defense. Burnett, seems to
> himself to be taken off his feet alot, or tied up
> in the line by someone he should have shed easily,
> he looks lost.. Burnett has stats with other teams
> and so does Dansby, so is it them, injuries? New
> system, new responsinbilities, etc.. Either way
> there is 2 much talent on this team, my guess is
> they all despise there boss in Ireland and thinks
> Ross is a joke, and the player loyalty and
> dedication is in the toilet... If you resent your
> bosses, it takes the energy out of you and a big
> hunk of that drive that other players are being
> inspired by rather then depressed over..

Crowder, it's time to face facts. The "trifecta" has left us with some serious issues. We are not a good team and we seem to be quite far away from that point.....

Date: October 04, 2011 12:53PM

berkeley223 Wrote:

Bush- I think he showed in the NE game how he can be a real asset to this team, we havent utilized him properly for some reason since the NE game, I am guessing becasue they are more concerned with etablishing a more ground and pound which was lacking early.

Fasano- probably a top 2 or 3 blocking TE and top ten recieving TE, he is just under utilized alot for his recieving becasue the need for his blocking in the majority of formations we run

WR-Marshall is not underperforming he is actually above his performance of this time last year,yes he has he made some drops lately, sure, do other recievers drop the ball yes... Bess is a great slot receiver, one of the best behind Welker, just under untilized, if NE signed Bess he would be an instant probolwer and superstar and probably out perform Welker, no one ismore commited then Bess. Hartline shines alot when the ball is thrown his way, with all of the talented guys on the field, Hartline takes it when gets a chance

Cameron Wake- is one of the best pass rushers in the game

The Dline will get it together- you can call them avg, but all of our backups would start on other teams... And Odrick is a beast, almost got a TD already in what his 3rd game he ever played in the NFL...

Carroll, and WIlson have played really well. They are both way ahead of Vontae Davis it the point in their repsective careers. Carrol has been covering the number 1 alot since Davis went out and he is winning against them alot. Same with Jimmy wilson, he is a rookie with only one month of practice with the NFL and he is holding his own... Do you guys remember how much VOntae Davis and Sean Smith gave up their first 2 years... Carrol is good and fight his butt off and has good speed.

Henne has shown progression in his time here and that is all you can ask of a player or QB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2011 12:54PM by Crowder52.

Date: October 04, 2011 01:00PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
> WR-Marshall is not underperforming he is actually
> above his performance of this time last year,yes
> he has he made some drops lately, sure, do other
> recievers drop the ball yes...

Is Stick-um still illegal?

Date: October 04, 2011 01:22PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:

> Our team does have talent, yes. But, they are the
> biggest under-achieving team I have ever seen in
> my life. I think what you are seeing now is a team
> that has given up....
>
> and its a direct reflection of when Ross went
> after harbaugh. I think the players understood
> that the FO doesnt want Sparano...
>
> so why should the players?

I agree with most of what you said, except I think you are misreading why they have no fight in them. I think the players just saw how Ross and Ireland handled Sparano with the Harbaugh debacle, and realized that the sleaziness was coming from the top 2 not Sparano, and they realized Sparano is treated no different then them, with no respect or class..
The dvision with the players, Sparano is on the players side of the divide, Ireland and Ross are on the other.... The team and Coach just look like they are playing after getting kicked in the balls, which has happened to most of them, players and coaches alike at some point by the top brass...

Date: October 04, 2011 01:28PM

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 04, 2011 04:08PM

montequi Wrote:
> I want Micky Arison!!!

thumbs up

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 05, 2011 05:11AM

I'd like to see 0 fans in the seats at this stadium the rest of the year!!! Screw this team, I won't watch this garbage. Will laugh when the Jets blow us up on national tv on monday night. God I am so done with this team this year!!! Noluck next year and I'm never watching pro football again. Who needs the aggravation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.