HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sparano's mindset
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Sparano's mindset
Posted by: realist ()
Date: August 24, 2011 06:50AM

I was encouraged when I read Hyde's article on Sparano's Philosphy. Not because I think we are suddenly going to become the highest scoring team in the league...it would be nice...but because Tony has his back against the wall and realizes that he has to change to keep his job.

Desperation can help people see past their comfort zone. Tony acknowledges the conservative foundation that was installed by Parcells ( without naming him directly...but he said it).

I like that he knows that it is a major overhaul and not a minor tweak that is needed. The last game was a good start.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sparano's mindset
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:00AM

I agree. Ultimately, the best thing to happen to the offense was addition by subtraction. Henning might have been a great coordinator in the 70s and maybe 80s. The game has evolved and quite plainly, last year his playcalling stunk. Daboll might not have been everyone's first choice, but it's hard to conceive he will be worse than Henning. I just look at how much better the defense got when Mike Nolan was hired. I'm hoping that a fresh new approach to offense will yield a similar improvement.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:12AM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:18AM

I dont like to bash Henning and Parcells to much.. They helped turn around our team from 1-15 to 11-5 AFC EAST Champions, in one year... So i would say Henning was a pretty good cordinator in 2008...
What Parcells and Henning failed to do was adapt when they didnt have the key pieces which was Pennington and dominant offensvie line... Which is why Pennington was still on the roster last year. The plan and the personel offensively just wasnt adding up the last 2 years. We were predictable and couldnt get the job done, when we had to.
I agree that Sparano is changing, after last year, the things that Ricky took shots at Sparano about. Sparano has appearantly changed those things which Ricky publicly ridiculed Sparano about the team and his style... Sparano says it is all about winning this year and he will not lose sight of that...

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 24, 2011 07:59AM

That is the point of the article and the post isn't it?

Tony is changing his ways.

Very refreshing to hear. I don't think Sparano is as much of the prob as most seem to. He may be our coach for awhile afterall.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: August 24, 2011 08:31AM

Date: August 24, 2011 11:34AM

I think Tony was in a tough spot until Parcells left.

Bill gave him the shot...and then built the team, and set the thing in motion. Bill can take 'crap' and turn it into a 'solid' team. But Bill needed to get lucky at QB for us to become a contender. He didn't.

With Bill in town, it was hard for Tony to tell Henning to open it up. It was hard for Tony to 'pull rank' because he wasn't really the true 'Head Honcho'.

Now that Bill is gone, Tony can do what he feels he needs to do. And he needs to over-rule his co-ordinators now and then when things aren't going right.

I like what I read.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:38AM

I asked a question to omar kelly in the live chat and he didnt answer nobody he was having problems with comcast connection i believe..

I asked is jake long going to start the first game or is his injury worse than we though...?

He didnt answer...

realist was that you there....i think i saw your handle there

I dont wanna start a thread for this..

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:39AM

the link was still on i went again but it didnt open i guess it was already off.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 24, 2011 11:49AM

Jake is practicing albeit on a limited basis but TS says he is getting work on technique type stuff.

Long is a tough sob and played thru injuries before. I am guessing but with him practicing....I would say chances are very good that he starts assuming he has no setbacks.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 24, 2011 03:52PM

One interesting change he has made is to add former players to his coaching staff...

Bryan Cox ...Pass rush coach

Assistant Wide Receivers --- Ike Hilliard

Running Backs ---- Jeff Nixon

Tight Ends ------- Dan Campbell

And of course, the addition of Brian Daboll brings in someone with first hand knowledge of the enemy and infuses an aggressive nature.

A commitment to add speed back to the offense is another positive building block.

Date: August 24, 2011 06:23PM

No not me.....maybe some poser ;-)

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: August 24, 2011 06:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.