HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rashard Mendenhall's tweets...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Rashard Mendenhall's tweets...
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 06, 2011 04:35AM

I'd rather live in a free country where people are free to criticize their leaders than a country where they are not..but that's just me. drinking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 06, 2011 04:35AM

Maybe curt should make a place where we can discuss these things...

But considering its the offseason...I can see why curt and the moderateros let this slide.

I dont mind though.

Its entertaining.

Can't wait till the season starts and we can start discussing football again at gameday. Sunday is not the same without football.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: May 06, 2011 04:36AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't wait till the season starts and we can start
> discussing football again at gameday. Sunday is
> not the same without football.

smileys with beer

Date: May 06, 2011 04:40AM

montequi Wrote:
> I'd rather live in a free country where people are
> free to criticize their leaders than a country
> where they are not..but that's just me. drinking smiley

I agree completely.

I don't do it........But it sure is nice to know you can stand in the middle of the street and scream OBAMA is a freaking A$$HOLe.

Do that in some other countries and you are dead meat.

Date: May 06, 2011 05:01AM

When i was young about 9 years old...........there were days when i went to school and all i had to eat was count it 1 fried egg...thats all i had to eat the whole day ...With out bread...Nothing else....

I remember myself walking from my house/////the schools was about 4 blocks away.....And all i had just finished eating was a fried egg...

I had no breakfast nothing...I was still hungry as hell...But thats all there was. It was about 1 oclock in the afternoon.....School is different over there.......there is morning school and there is afternoon school at least in the 1970s i dont know how it is now.

Now turn your attention to now.....I live in the USA...

Who doesnt have a 5 spot? I mean seriously...

With 5 dollars you go to mcdonals buy you or your grandkid..a big mac...Sometimes you buy one and the second for a penny....Buy some fries and apple pie and a caramel sunday with peanuts...

And you are full for two days......

Yes the mortgage is due and the car insurance phone electricity and every other bill is due....So what...? Some people still whine about it????????

It is what it is..

You wanna have a house and 3 cars and you still going to complain about rent is due..

Just enjoy what the USA of america gives you.

It gives you every oportunity...

It gives you everything.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: May 06, 2011 05:08AM

I agree, but you have to take the good with the bad.

Its racist Chryn? Obviously you dont understand my comment I take it you don't know much about the slave trade worked.

You know why Africans where used more so than native americans or any other countries around that time?

Because back in the day's and still today African tribes don't like alot of any other African tribes and made available readly and easly captured people of other tribes and also chief's would offer up people for things suchs as trinkits and such, there wasnt much of resistance, unlike the native Americans.

Yeah your right some of the stuff that the slave holders did was just wrong and completly bs, however that's how things where hundreds of years ago.

Also indentered servants, many who where european had it almost if not as bad as the African slaves, and there where ALOT of them, however you don't hear about it, nor care about it, because for some reason you can't get over slavery.

I don't know if my ancestors came here on there own accord or as indentered servants, however they came IM THANKFULL they made it over here.

I am gratefull that I get to live in this country.

Being black in America you should be thank the white man's ancestor's

That is my comment which you peg as racist, I am trying to get it through to you that through the suffering of your ancestors, hell your ancestors might have been free to come over I don't know when yours came, but the point that I am trying to make is you get to reap the benefits of past wronging's so instead of reminding people about the horror's of indentered servants, and slaves you should remind people that because of people enduring that, you and I and everyone here has the life they dreamed about.

Date: May 06, 2011 05:19AM

Im trying to take the positive out of it, your just looking at the negativity.

The fact that you found my comment so offending, tells me you have a hatred and or grudge of white people.

I just asked abotu 3 black friends on my x-box also some white friends and 1 mixed, I told them what you wrote, and then what I wrote and they all agreed your comment was bs, and the mixed friend thought mine was offensive, however the rest didnt, and thought I was right.

I guess everyone see's things differantly, however after I explained why I wrote that he agreed that he understood the comment, and then I told him you where in the 60's then they all kinda said yeah he grew up in a time in America where there where still alot of racist bs going on.

So they agreed that you still have resentment, and anger towards white people holding a grudge for whatever reason.

This was just things that about 14 people total 3 being black, and one being mixed came to the conclusion too.

Again I will appologize if you feel that my comment was racist thats right I am sorry you feel that way, and I hope you can find peace within your soul.

I will not appologize for ripping into you when you went after my family, and for defending my beliefs on the comment you made about who has the right to critisize my country, you say that you ment that as in foreign nations, and not people from this country, if so then why only blacks, and native americans in this country?

Again you probably don't know about indentered servatude which many of whites endured, I know that part of history is only "lightly" covered in history class, however the reason why you don't hear white people complainging, is because we overcame, and don't care we live our life now, not through the past of other's, but throught our children and family which is somthing you should do Chryn let go of the hatred you have and fill that void with love.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: May 06, 2011 05:32AM

I've stayed out of this, and Mia1 I think your heart is in the right place and I doubt you are a racist, but you've got to know, saying or implying that blacks in the US should be greatful for slavery in any way I imagine is about one of the most offensive things you can say to a black person (I am not black but I am also not compeltely clueless). It's like telling someone who is Jewsih that they should be greatful for the holocaust because their family fled to the US and now they have a good life. If someone who is black is offended by it, you should just explain you did not mean offense, and leave it alone, don't try to explain your position further. It's just an argument you can't win, and you shouldn't even try.

Date: May 06, 2011 05:49AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> I've stayed out of this, and Mia1 I think your
> heart is in the right place and I doubt you are a
> racist, but you've got to know, saying or implying
> that blacks in the US should be greatful for
> slavery in any way I imagine is about one of the
> most offensive things you can say to a black
> person (I am not black but I am also not
> compeltely clueless). It's like telling someone
> who is Jewsih that they should be greatful for the
> holocaust because their family fled to the US and
> now they have a good life. If someone who is black
> is offended by it, you should just explain you did
> not mean offense, and leave it alone, don't try to
> explain your position further. It's just an
> argument you can't win, and you shouldn't even
> try.

I definetely agree with this. Well said.

Now im out of this conversation again!smileys with beer

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 06, 2011 07:07AM

Before this post gets locked like it should, I'd like to apologize to everyone (including Chyren) for turning to name calling. I very rarely get that upset about things on this board but I kinda lost my cool while being accused of somehow being sympathetic to Bin Laden and his cause, either way I shouldn't of lost it last night and this morning. For the record I am very pleased that scumbag took one to the chest and one between the eyes instead of a "fair trial", I just disagree with some other views on the best way to flush him down the toilet.

Date: May 06, 2011 09:47AM

Ok well then Im sorry that the remark was taken in the wrong way.

Like I said I do not look back on slavery and think you should be happy that your ancestors where slaves, but I want you to realize that regardless of what happened you should look at now and realize that your life is pretty darn good.

Its ok I understand you took it the wrong way so thats fine.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 06, 2011 09:54AM

Thank you, berk but Mia1 is too much of an idiot to see it.

And the prior posts made me think that he was just to stupid to see my point.

The latter post, PARTICULARLY ACCUSING ME of having a grudge against White people just because I'm offended by the suggestion that slavery was something I should thank the slavers and the slave owners for, convinces me that either he is so much of an idiot that it is impossible to imagine or that he truly has SUCH RESENTMENT for Blacks that he sees an affirmative action argument in anything that a Black says, even criticizing slavery, and that means HE and not me has a problem with Race.

Like I said, he is off my list.

Mia1. You had your chance to express the same sentiments that berk expressed but instead you called me a Black racist and backed it up with the opinion of your friends and I'll bet you never let them read the thread.

From now on, consider me SamSam the Second.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 06, 2011 10:15AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: May 06, 2011 10:29AM

Go back and read my 3 posts, I never lost my cool until you accused me of being sympathetic. The first one I was commenting on that it was a little surpirising that a criminal prosecutor would have such an eye for an eye mentality, my second one I was disputing the fact that you were assuming my father shared your views, and my third post is really the only one I tried to debate the topic in, since so many others had already tried (and failed) to explain the "inflaming more attacks" theory (which I happen to agree with 100%) I decided to try to put it into another context. Why beat a dead-horse argument when I can't add anything new to the debate. Next time i'll check with you first to find out what kind of argument I can use.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: May 06, 2011 10:36AM

Just was recently reading an article on slavery in South Carolina. On certain plantations when slaves worked the fields if one died the others had to continue to work. They could not stop and bury the guy. The had to continue to work as the vultures ate him. Imagine watching that happen to one of your loved ones. F that S no one should be grateful for that crap. Some people should read on the cruelties of slavery.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: May 06, 2011 10:45AM

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.