HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          QB Solutions?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
QB Solutions?
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:39AM

Poll
QB solutions
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
26 votes were received.
Billy Volek via FA 2

8%
Kyle Orton via trade 2

8%
D. McNabb via trade/FA 0

0%
Kevin Kolb via trade 1

4%
Trade up for top QB in draft 7

27%
QB later in draft 3

12%
Roll the dice on Henne with a new OC 5

19%
Run the "Wildcat" 24-7 0

0%
Other 6

22%

Just curious of everyones thoughts on this. If other please explain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: QB Solutions?
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:43AM

I think you roll the dice with Henne and a new OC, as well as draft another QB.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:57AM

What about 1 of the Raider QB's? Campbell or Gradkowski, could we get 1 of them for a draft pick?

Which one would Oakland keep? and which one would we want if available?

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:03AM

Run the "Wildcat" 24-7

That's seriously funny!

LOL

"...it's loose in the back yard!"

I said draft high.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:12AM

I voted "other" do what we did with Thiggy, go out on the free agent or trade market and bring in a vet to replace Pennington. That effectively gives Henne one more chance and is a failsafe if he fails and Thiggy sucks.

Date: December 23, 2010 11:24AM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:32AM

Thigpen doesnt suck.

Date: December 23, 2010 11:38AM

Mia1 Wrote: Thigpen doesnt suck.

Do you have proof?

LOL

Date: December 23, 2010 11:45AM

YEAH I do go look at his game footage.

Look at what he does, and who it is with, and also who is coaching it.

On a absolutley joke of a KC team he kicked butt, on a decimated Dolphin's team he did well, when he wasnt sacked, or scooping up the ball from the turf, because Incognito can't hike it. Nevermind going against one of the better teams in the league. LOL

Date: December 23, 2010 11:47AM

OK. So you like his future?

Would you bet the future of the franchise on him?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 11:48AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mia1 Wrote: Thigpen doesnt suck.
>
> Do you have proof?
>
> LOL

No he does not.

But i got proof thigpen $ucks. Look at the chicago game.

Date: December 23, 2010 11:56AM

Yes I would because he has "IT" which is the fearless ability to go out and make it happen. Like Manning, and Brady, and Brees and Cutler, and Rivers.

They all have the same "IT" attitude, to bad we as fans get shafted in seeing it, because our coaching staff has to much pride to protect our stupid owners comments saing Henne will be better than Marino lol....... LMAO...... your fired!!!

Date: December 23, 2010 12:00PM

I respect you honest answer Mia1.

Most pussy’s around here can’t answer a basic question.

And I agree, there are things about Thiggy to like. I really like his athleticism and he does have football moxie (so it seems).

Perhaps Gruden could do a good job with him?

He’ll get a chance next spring I suspect. But I wouldn’t bet the farm on his future franchise tag.

Date: December 23, 2010 12:04PM

Thats what Im saying he hasnt had a fair shot here. Some idiots on here, won't mention there names, but they are on my ignored list lol...

Say stupid comments like CHICAGO BEARS GAME!!

Which is a joke to even compare, as if Henne would have done any better!

Yeah I can see Henne taking the ball off the turf from multiple bad snaps, and completing it lol, or I can see Henne running in the pocket, from multiple pass rushers, because our o-line was decimated and him winning the game lol..

Considering all that occured the fact that Thigpen, with ALOT LESS TIME TO PREPARE!!! had the same numbers Henne throws up on a weekly basis lol.....

Seriously people don't be stupid open your eye's, and realize that he is better.

Date: December 23, 2010 12:06PM

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: December 23, 2010 12:15PM

Assuming McNabb gets cut by the Skins, picking him up might not be a bad idea. Let McNabb and Henne compete for the job, and in the meantime draft a mid-round QB in this year's draft.

This would give Henne another offseason to improve, and if he wins the job it may mean that he finally developed into a mature QB.

If McNabb wins the job, then clearly Henne did not improve himself over the offseason (again), and it would be wise for the franchise to move on without wasting another season on him. Even if McNabb doesn't play great, his experience should at least allow us to be competitive while molding yet another young QB.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 12:17PM by Krunk Fu.

Date: December 23, 2010 12:21PM

Settle down sponge Bob you’ll blow a starfish…

Merry Christmas BTW.

And no, I would keep Henne + Thiggy and draft 2 QB’s (one high, one mid) and let ‘em fight it out next spring. I would do this with the full expectation 1 or the 4 ain’t gonna make the grade.

Expected holdovers = Henne + 2 Rookies (unless Thiggy finds a way to utilize his superior athleticism and his light turns on to some degree).

Of course this is contingent on some trade possibilities (i.e., if I could get a 3rd for Henne this draft I’d take it) and such. So the plan would not be written in marble or ivory.

That’s the plan. Got a better one?

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 01:22PM

Get the best the draft deals you

Date: December 23, 2010 03:40PM

No, Stank, with all of our problems, we can't afford to draft TWO quarterbacks with both Henne and Thiggy healthy.

Once you stop being comical, you stop making sense.

Even PhinFans2 would probably not agree with you on this one. But I'm prepared to be surprised.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: December 23, 2010 03:53PM

I voted other because I think we should go with Henne, Thigpen, draft another quarterback and replace Henning as the OC.

Henne and Thigpen need deserve more of a chance...with upgrades around them, and a new agressive and hopefully more sucessful system, IMHO.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:00PM

I got an answer for you, stinkfish.

TWIGPEN SUCKS!

He is in the bottom 5% of the QB's on NFL rosters when it comes to talent and ability.

The guy is horrible. I have officially gave up on Henne, but reality shows even Henne outplays Twigpen.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 04:52PM

We had some suitors for Thigpen. Play him thae last 2 games, if he does well his value goes up and we consider keeping him.

Nothing has shown Henne has outplayed Thigpen. Henne has stunk it up. Henne would have been sacked 12 times by the bears.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 23, 2010 05:52PM

I'd like to pick 2:

Volek

AND

Pick a QB in later rounds

We could do the above AND keep Henne.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 23, 2010 06:12PM

Voted Other.

I don't think there is any way we will trade up to get Luck (who is the only guy I think would be worth trading up for).

Therefore, my suggestion is to sign Carson Palmer when he is (presumably) cut by the Bengals. I think he's a definite upgrade over Henne.

Bottom line is that I think if you're going to assume that Henne's career is reparable in a better situation, then I think Palmer is in the same boat. And Palmer has shown he clearly has the tools to be elite in the past.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 23, 2010 06:21PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> And Palmer has shown he clearly has
> the tools to be elite in the past.

My only issue...so did Culpepper.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 07:17PM

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 23, 2010 07:18PM

montequi Wrote:
> (R/J)ay Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And Palmer has shown he clearly has
> > the tools to be elite in the past.
>
> My only issue...so did Culpepper.

Culpepper's stint in Minnesota is kind of bizarre and I'm not sure how it was that Nick Saban thought it would be a good idea to sign him. I certainly thought it was a terrible move even before the season started. I guess Saban was so blinded by the numbers from 2004 that he never bothered to look at any film of a guy who was terrible in the pocket and just loved coughing up the football.

Culpepper had a very high interception percentage and was the most prolific fumblers in NFL history, making him an absolute turnover machine. He was also outplayed the couple of times he got hurt by his backups -- Todd Bouman and Brad Johnson.

I guess I just don't think it's fair to compare Culpepper to anyone. He was a bad QB who put up an incredible amount of yards and TDs in one season.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:36PM

Interesting how Thiggy got mentioned...

I think Tyler would perform much better with a spread style of offense as that's his forte. The current shitty offensive scheme that Henning is running does not suit him at all.

With that said - I really think that Dan Henning would hold back any QB who'd be on this roster from their true potential if there is a change at QB. This guy needs to go ASAP, which is why I voted to roll the dice with Henne under a different coordinator for that reason. I'm by no means a Henne lover, but I think he could do better.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:47PM

"in the past"...stop living in it , Palmer is horrid in the now. Better off with Henne, but we must dump QB coach LEE, and Henning obviously.

all of these guys are a NO (they are worst then HENNE(poor decisions, accuracy issues) in my book:

McNabb (poor decisions, no accuracy)
Palmer (no accuracy, no mobility)
Kolb (no vision, fearful, weak arm)
Orton (noodle arm)

The only one that's sort of so-so is Volek..but who knows,he's always been on teams with great offensive schemes and great O-lines so he might not be as good as advertised either.

To get a truly good QB you have to find him in the draft, and then hope that he has all the tools plus the heart to want to be a top echelon guy. Being that number one requires not only skill but dedication as well. Ask yourselves this: Would you have that kind of dedication if you're getting paid multiple millions right out of college?

This years draft features Luck (likely the top picK) and then a bunch of guys who probably wont be so good at the NFL level. To get Luck, we'd be gambling too much on a guy that could easily flop. I think the following years draft should be our focus, trade for picks in 2012 if possible. Maybe the Raiders would be interested in some of our guys?

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:47PM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.