Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 28, 2010 04:17PM

Him winning us games is not a fluke.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Re: Henne
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 28, 2010 04:20PM

dolfan1 you're awfully quiet when the phins win. coincidence?

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 28, 2010 04:29PM

Funny how Welead is nowhere to be seen when Henne plays well lol.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: November 28, 2010 04:34PM

Henne had a very good game. I only noticed the effect of his injury on 1 of his passes. The ball sailed incomplete when he didn't get his feet planted properly.

The INT was dumb and Sparano was letting him know about it. Those type of passes need to be placed where only the receiver has a chance of making the reception.

Henne bouncing back like this does reveal his character. Hopefully, he continues to develop and lead this team to more wins.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 28, 2010 04:43PM

Couldn't watch.....he did well???

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:05PM

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:09PM

Date: November 28, 2010 05:12PM

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:15PM

Quote:

"I never had much doubt as to Henne's character. He's been the victim of dropped passes and crap play calling since week one.

Henne will be a very good QB for us, regardless of what the haters have to say."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
I whole-heartedly agree. I do think he has made his share of "sophomore" decisions. But, he wins. Winning is all that matters. And when we can add a few more pieces around him, we are set.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 28, 2010 05:23PM

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:26PM

Next game is Cleveland. Hopefully, injured players continue to mend and CH can orchestrate another win, with or without Marshall. Glad the rookies stepped up--but the team still needs to work on special team's coverage. Spotting a team with a TD on a kick off (or any time) is poor play.

Date: November 28, 2010 05:28PM

I think Henne has been handcuffed a bit by the playcalling, and a bit by his own reluctance to take chances downfield. As he gains confidence, I think both of those things will change. And we need to give him some more weapons to work with. Today's receiving corps consisted of a 4th round pick and 3 undrafted free agents, with two of them being rookies. And even Marshall was a 4th rd pick. How many teams have no WR who were higher than a 4th rd pick? And we still have not attempted a pass to a TE other than Fasano this season. That's because the only other TEs on the roster are undrafted rookie free agents who were cut by other teams.

And by far, the number one problem with this offense has been the ineffectiveness of the running game. This is a team that was built to be a strong running team. The entire offensive scheme is predicated on being able to run the ball. And instead, the passing offense has had to carry way more of the load than they planned.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:30PM

I posted this in another thread, but I think it bears repeating here in this thread..

Did anyone else see the camera pan to Nnamdi sitting on the sidelines during much of the 4th quarter when Oakland was on defense. Any chance they put him on the bench for repeatedly getting assaulted by giving up plays to Henne and Bess all afternoon?

All kidding aside, Henne threw Nnamdi's way all afternoon and continued to connect. He pretty much owned him. For someone who gets criticized a lot for not being able to throw touch passes, he threw a number of clutch touch passes that had a huge impact on the game, such as the 1st TD pass to Cobbs. The endzone pick aside, this was a monster game for Henne and a very impressive rebound from the injuries and struggles of the last few weeks.

P.S. Eagerly waiting for Welead to come and share his thoughts on Henne now...

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:42PM

I've been and am a supporter of Henne as our starting QB. He had a good number of yards and did some really nice things out there...and he still has a ton of room to grow. He cost us 3 points on the INT and probably another 3 on the sack he took. It really looked like he started with some great confidence...lost it...and (this was perhaps the most important part for me) regained it again. C'mon and take it to CLE...

Date: November 28, 2010 05:43PM

Perhaps the benching incident lit a fire under his a$$......I'm glad

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:45PM

I think that Henne specifically made improvement today in his timing.

In previous games, he has noticably released the ball too early or too late at crucial times.

For the most part, today ...he made his read and released the ball on time. He does have good timing w/ Bess.

He also made some progress today in recognizing the blitz after getting smacked a few times.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 28, 2010 05:54PM

By the way, Henne played as well as he did and was able to put such impressive numbers up against a Raiders defense that ranks 9th overall and apparently 3rd in the league in pass defense. Again, pretty nice performance especially in the context of coming back from injury and a QB controversy that saw him benched after several lackluster performances (although some may blame the offensive play calling more than Henne for a few of those weeks that featured lackluster play from the QB position)

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: November 28, 2010 06:17PM

Date: November 28, 2010 06:21PM

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 28, 2010 06:36PM

Guys are posting on here like he is the second coming of Marino. I am glad he finally stepped up but he still has a long way to go. Our line was great today. They still need to work on the run game but we mixed enough of the wildcat to keep the secondary honest and it helped him out a lot.

Date: November 28, 2010 06:56PM

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: November 28, 2010 07:25PM

I noticed that Henne seemed to have a different attitude from the moment he stepped onto the field, which only briefly left him after he threw the pick.

He finally seemed determined, and maybe a little pissed off about being benched, which I think is a good thing. He certainly played well.

Date: November 29, 2010 01:47AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been and am a supporter of Henne as our
> starting QB. He had a good number of yards and
> did some really nice things out there...and he
> still has a ton of room to grow. He cost us 3
> points on the INT and probably another 3 on the
> sack he took. It really looked like he started
> with some great confidence...lost it...and (this
> was perhaps the most important part for me)
> regained it again. C'mon and take it to CLE...

That sack is on John Jerry. He totally fanned on his man. When a guard whiffs on a block, the QB has no chance.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 29, 2010 02:40AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> dolfan1 you're awfully quiet when the phins win.
> coincidence?

No, away on business. Didn't get a chance to come on. And didn't see the full game. But glad he is coming around.

Date: November 29, 2010 03:48AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> berkeley223 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > dolfan1 you're awfully quiet when the phins
> win.
> > coincidence?
>
>
> No, away on business. Didn't get a chance to come
> on. And didn't see the full game. But glad he is
> coming around.

He's all we got....we all need to support this guy atleast for now or until someone more consistent and better comes around.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: November 29, 2010 03:51AM

From a Henne hater… Hats off , good game #7.

What I liked: Seemed to see the field better, saw more receivers and got them the ball! I think the best accuracy over a whole game we have seen from him so far. Nice couple of touch passes over the middle early on. Good arm strength (but we always knew this).

What I didn’t: Still rattled by pressure. inexplicably errant throws at times. We still attempted 6 flippin’ FG’s. No mobility (but we always knew this).

IMO Yesterdays game was exactly the kind of situation he can be successful in. Running game was rolling, Defense was stuffing them (or the Raiders offense was just anemic, take your pick). Little to no pass rush pressure most of the game. Playing with a lead.

Now, If he can pull off a couple games like this vs Pats or Jets when we need it...then...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2010 03:59AM by KB.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 29, 2010 04:31AM

KB Wrote:
> What I didn’t: Still rattled by pressure.
> inexplicably errant throws at times.

Most QBs, even the really good ones (like Tom Brady) are rattled by pressure. Finding QBs that can stay calm and complete passes while getting constantly rushed and hit is rare. Marino was one of those, but I challenge anyone to name 10 guys in recent history that could do this.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 29, 2010 04:35AM

Manning was rattled last night. It happens to them all...they aren't robots.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 29, 2010 04:43AM

The TD pass was all about timing and the subsequent adjustment from the first half. The Raiders were blitzing 8 or 9 defenders. On the Wallace TD, Henne got it out of there quick. Wallace turned around and the ball was there. To my surprise, he caught it. Kind of funny, in one game, Wallace had a bigger play than 'the southbeach beast' has had the WHOLE year. Those commenting on Henne's mobility must have missed the 3rd and 15 QB draw where he almost made a first down and got us into Danny C range

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.