HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Henne
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 27, 2010 11:29AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:56PM

Not everyone you disagree with is a "troll" or a Jets fan. Really immature replies on this board.

You all act as if I am the only person in the universe who thinks Henne is not the future of this team. In fact I am one of thousands.

I do not "hate" Henne. What I do hate is the fact that this team, for 10 years, has relied on cheap, mediocre-to-poor quarterbacking, and I am sickofit.

I do not expect Henne to play like Peyton Manning. I also do not expect him to play like Jay Fiedler.

I guess hoping and praying for an above-average Dolphins QB is considered "trolling." Either that or our standards have fallen so LOW, after so many years, that we consider someone who underthrows and overthrows left and right to be a "great" QB.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 27, 2010 01:15PM

So what is your solution, sickofit? Lots of complaints but you've yet to offer a solid idea for how they should address the so-called "problem" at the QB position.

Also, if you know how we can get an elite-caliber QB, please...apply for a scouting or GM position.

You can start here by defining what an elite QB is first, and feel free to rattle off the names of some guys we can potentially get.

By the way, we don't need generic definitions of an elite QB...we know that they should throw for 3+ TDs a game, complete almost every pass, and not turn the ball over. Be more specific.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your enlightening response.

Regards,
TheFutt
Phins.com new #1 resident A-Hole

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 01:48PM

Date: September 27, 2010 02:07PM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 02:08PM

I take it Sicofit is Mikeo?

Look lets be honest guy's Henne doesnt have the best pocket awareness, which was obvious to some really bad decisions out there, but Im confident that he will turn it around with more playing time.

The biggest issue last night was AGAIN LIKE IVE BEEN PREACHING ALL LAST YEAR AND THIS APPARANTLY!!! DAN HENNING

YOUR FIRED!!!! He never went into a 5 wr set, or a shotgun formation.

I.E. LOOK AT THE TOP OFFENSE'S IN THE LEAGUE BUDDY TAKE A PAGE OUT OF ONE!!!

He called a reverse on the wildcat seriously really when we where behind?

2nd and goal from the two, hey we got a awsome running game lets oh wait no lets throw it to hartline in the endzone with two defenders.

Ok ok 3rd and goal, lets oh wait yeah lets force it in the middle to Marshall which he saves from a pick.

Nice Henning nice. I dont like him he is outdated, and over matched.

Oh yeah our o-line sucks at opening up running lanes, go back and look at all the blown blocks, and legs trips to tackle our runners complete garbage from the O-line however they are solid in pass protection, which again WHY DONT WE UTILIZE THIS AND GO IN THE SHOTGUN WOW!!

I would seriously love to have that man's job, because he is fired, thanks for the wildcat, and the trick plays Henning, but your fired, GURANATEED AFTER THIS YEAR YOUR GONE BUDDY!!!!!!!

Date: September 27, 2010 02:16PM

Date: September 27, 2010 02:18PM

Moore or Wallace was out there on special teams, number 18 I think that was Wallace? Still put out all 4 and Cobbs TADA... but nooooo lets stay under center and take 2 extra seconds to drop back, and make the reads.

Jesus.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 27, 2010 03:03PM

Henning will not be replaced this year. We're going to have to deal with that.

The offensive playcalling was not THAT bad. And as much as I hate them, their friggin defense is pretty da#$ good and we still ran up 436 yard against it. The wildcat was unnecessary and used at the wrong time. Their were a couple passes on the goal line that I thought should've been runs but if either worked, we're saying what a good call it was b/c it caught the jets off balance. Bottom line is...you can't argue with the numbers. We put up good enough numbers to win the game.

No, last nights loss was on our Defense who played pretty well themselves minus the first two drives and a couple select plays during the course of the game.

Date: September 27, 2010 03:15PM

Posted by: sickofit ()
Date: September 27, 2010 03:30PM

The solution is to bring in Penny if Henne continues to struggle. This is Henne's 3rd year in the NFL and he still looks like a deer in the headlights sometimes; he's just a body with a big arm. Zero brains. He is so slooowww when he drops back, it's like he is mentally challenged. He is too slow in reading and too fast in throwing and is a ticking time bomb. Dolphins mgt know Henne is one game away from the bench. Henne on the field does not inspire confidence; it inspires dread.

If Henne is the best qb since Dan retired, our standards have fallen pathetically low.

As a wise philosopher once said:

"Henne will never be anything but mediocre, if that. Parcells knows it, Mortensen knows it, I know it. Question is: Why don't the idiots know it?

Oh yeah, they're idiots."

Let's start dreaming about Ryan Mallett.

Date: September 27, 2010 04:03PM

Hahahahaha, wow. That's it? Your insightful, enlightening, and intelligent solution to our "QB problem" is to put in Pennington?

Say hi to your fat, loud mouthed, obnoxious, coach of a time-bomb team for me, Jets fan.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:09PM

Promise?

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:14PM

Your point of view is curiously ambivalent.

Rick

Posted by: wayne ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:17PM

It's funny how the jets fan are pretending to be Dolphin fans and knock Henne and the first person they compare him to is Sanchez.....lol, enjoy the spoils of your victory and we will see ya in Jersey !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 01:33AM by wayne.

Date: September 27, 2010 04:39PM

Date: September 27, 2010 04:56PM

If it talks like a Jet, walks like a Jet, and stinks like a Jet...

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 28, 2010 03:44AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 04:16AM

QUOTE...The solution is to bring in Penny if Henne continues to struggle.

Henne struggled in the begginning of the game. After that he played really well...

If pennington is the QB in this game we get blown out.

The only way pennington will play this year is if henne gets hurt.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 28, 2010 04:41AM

sickofit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do not expect Henne to play like Peyton Manning.
> I also do not expect him to play like Jay Fiedler.
>
>
>

Then you should be 100% satisfied, because Henne is better than Fiedler. Henne can make the OUT throws, plust the long throws, that Fiedler couldn't make.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 28, 2010 08:09AM

Henne can throw for all the yards in the world but if he chokes in key situations, he will never be a franchise QB or a winner.

Not saying he can't do it but the jury is still out.

Big players win BIG games. True our defense cost us this game in the grand scheme of things but he threw yet another game ending int.

He would be fine if we could count on some consistency from our D and ST but we are not there yet....

and Ricky Williams needs to start taking better care of the football.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: miamidj1 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 10:51AM

Im confused on how many are caught up in the yardage Henne had, Im more concerned with can he make plays during critical times in the game, throwing for 5000 yards is worthless in a defeat especially when you miss open receivers that would extend drives and lead to scores,oh by this is real footbal not fantasy numbers, did you all see the receivers he missed that stalled drives, and the couple of passes that clearly could have been turnovers, hey he may be the long term answer but not the immediate answer!

Date: September 28, 2010 01:42PM

Did anybody catch the X and O breakdown on this play on ESPN? It was the playcall. Fasano should have gone deeper into the endzone before turning.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 28, 2010 02:18PM

sickofit Wrote:
> The solution is to bring in Penny if Henne
> continues to struggle.

RE: Pennington is NOT the answer. In fact I'd be willing to bet if Pennington plays instead of Henne vs the Jets we lose the game by more than 14 points. Pennington simply does not have the arm to get the ball more than 10 yards down the field with any velocity at all. Brains and experience are great but if you can't get the ball to the receiver it means nothing.

This is Henne's 3rd year in
> the NFL and he still looks like a deer in the
> headlights sometimes;

RE: As he should on occasion after only a realative handfull of starts.

he's just a body with a big
> arm. Zero brains.

RE: I simply don't see this from him.

He is so slooowww when he drops
> back, it's like he is mentally challenged. He is
> too slow in reading and too fast in throwing and
> is a ticking time bomb.

RE: I differ...in fact I think if anything he holds the ball too long resulting in sacks and increased pressure.

Dolphins mgt know Henne is
> one game away from the bench. Henne on the field
> does not inspire confidence; it inspires dread.

RE: Wow, this is straight from mars or something...it's so far out.
>
> If Henne is the best qb since Dan retired, our
> standards have fallen pathetically low.

RE: Henne has all of the tools to be the second best quarterback in franchise history...and a couple of the others since Dan retired had promise and ability but never got a real shot.

>
> As a wise philosopher once said:
>
> "Henne will never be anything but mediocre, if
> that. Parcells knows it, Mortensen knows it, I
> know it. Question is: Why don't the idiots know
> it?
>
> Oh yeah, they're idiots."

RE: A wise philosopher huh? Enough said.
>
> Let's start dreaming about Ryan Mallett.

RE: Drafting another quarterback is fine with me...Pennington will have to be replaced. Henne however, must be allowed to develop...and we still need another receiver to compliment Marshall.

Date: September 29, 2010 07:59AM

Hartline looked phenominal, he is just fine, problem is we need to utilize the shot-gun, and draft a powerhouse TE to take the seam.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 29, 2010 08:00AM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Hartline looked phenominal, he is just fine,
> problem is we need to utilize the shot-gun, and
> draft a powerhouse TE to take the seam.

Phenomenal? Don't go crazy now. Marshall looked phenomenal. Hartline looked good.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 29, 2010 09:32AM

Date: September 29, 2010 11:51AM

Posted by: Venom65437 ()
Date: September 29, 2010 12:10PM

This thread is hilarious.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.