HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          vikes - phins....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: vikes - phins....
Posted by: vikeinmontana ()
Date: September 15, 2010 07:10AM

ya i'm just kind of over the jets to be honest. obviously i don't have the hate for them as you guys but as a whole i'm turned off by their arrogance when they haven't won crap yet. they are a bunch of classless a-holes and i don't care what the "experts" think, there is no way they win the superbowl. they won't get to the superbowl. hell, if they don't fix their offense they won't make the playoffs. but i reserve most of my hate for the packers with the cowgirls a close 2nd. i have to hate the bears but i actually respect them....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 15, 2010 07:35AM

I live in the Chicagoland area, can't stand em! Even more when they're good, fans are un-bearable. (no pun intended)

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 09:09AM

vikeinmontana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
so used to failing, that even when we're good you'd think we were
> really bad by reading the posts! get's frustrating
> with the negativity.

You are not alone in these feelings, neither is the Vikings message boards, it gets a bit like that around here sometimes as well, if you peel away a few honeymoon layers...lol. Your approach is spot on and why you are getting everyone on ones, best behavior. Its a good lesson for us around here... The right approach makes it alot easier for all to communicate. Heck, we dont even like the same team, and you get along with more people then most around here, actually here supposedly supporting the Dolphins..hahaha... For that you deserve a smileys with beer . Thanks for paying us a visit around here, it was refreshing!

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 03:36PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Hey vikeinmontana, you know how you yourself can
> criticize a friend or family member and it's
> alright, but if an outsider does it you defend
> your friend or family member? Mia1 is one of
> ours.....but none of us would mindsmileys with beer

Dont listen to Holic, he is still mad that I turned down his "advances"! lol..grinning smiley

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 16, 2010 05:13AM

ranger1 Wrote:
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
>
> That's cause none of your butchers up there are
> Cuban

Ya got that right. Hardly any of the people are either, just a few.

It's funny how the Boston area's cuisine is historically things like "boiled dinners" (read....throw in a pot of water and cook beyond all recognition), baked beans, bland crap like that.

Luckily there have been immigrants from all over the world bringing their great cuisine with them, Brazilian Churrascurias (sp), Greek diners/restaurants, Southeast asian restaurants, we have pretty good Chinatown, and of course the Italian restaurants. The only thing missing from here is more Cuban food and good Southern Barbecue.

Anyway to attempt to make this post at least partially on topic, I think as the NFL attempts to make this sport more marketable to other cultures, they should even promote more ethnic tailgating. They keep talking about "game day experience" They should do stuff like Cuban-style pig roasts out in the parking lot at JRS. If they can build a water park on the premise maybe they can spring for some barbecue pits fit to hold an entire "lechon"

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 16, 2010 05:26AM

vikeinmontana Wrote:
> i welcome all
> of you to join me at vikingsmessageboard.com. it
> was the first and only vikes board i found and i
> love it.

Very interesting, because phins.com was both the first Dolphins website I ever discovered (on the first day I ever had web access back in the mid 1990s). And we do our best to keep it clean & civil around here. I guess the original is the best, right?

>if anything, the most frustrating thing
> is all of the vikes fans are so used to failing
> that even when we're good you'd think we were
> really bad by reading the posts! get's frustrating
> with the negativity.

Wow, yet another striking similarity, cool smiley

You know, it seems like I've never had a problem with any fan from the teams in the midwest. With Chicago being the possible exception. Even when Indy was in our division, they by far had the best fans than the other teams in the AFC East. You're all decent folks in general out that way.

How can you not respect a team who has its most feared defenseman go on to become a state supreme court judge, the QB to host "That's Incredible", etc. thumbs up

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 16, 2010 08:09AM

"You know, it seems like I've never had a problem with any fan from the teams in the midwest."

That's cuz we're all good people in the Midwest! (except for the next town over from me and sometimes "Murder capitol of the world" Gary, IN.)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.