HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: draft
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 09, 2009 12:13PM

I honestly believe Cammarillo and Bess have topped out as WR's. I dont think they get any better. I dont think there is room for improvement. Hartline is a rookie, I do think he has a decent amount of room for improvement and Ginn obviously does. How you think overall these WR'S are gonna dramatically improve over time is beyond me. Our WR's are all about average.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: November 09, 2009 04:22PM

We need 2 legit NFL starting WR's this offseasson. Not drafted rookies either.....proven players!!!! Put Ginn as a #3 WR (since he is too expensive to cut and nobody will trade for him) and let the rest fight it out for the last spot or two.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: November 10, 2009 01:49AM

First 2 drafts we poured a foundation. But we still have holes, like at safety, and wr. We have to both upgrade and fill the holes. That won't be easy. Plus, we have to replace our NT.

There is just no way to get away from FA like Parcells did before. We need key pickups in FA, and then BPA in the draft.

Average doesn't do it. And you can't upgrade every single position. So we have to draft BPA. You don't win championships by only drafting what you perceive as need. We picked up Pat White thinking we'd use him in the wildcat. How's that working for ya. There were solid players on the board, players who not only could have shored up the D, but good enough to stay on the roster in the future. Then after White, we scrambled to find wr's because we let the best of them go. So now we have Hartline. Is he pro bowl material? We'll see, but I'd say probably not, and he may either blossom or be on the bench in a couple years as that position gets upgraded. You can't draft out of desperation.

If there's one position we have to come away with a serious upgrade with, it's wr. The same position many of us said last year was a tremendous need. We did nothing, and now we're paying the price. The wildcat and base offense will NOT continue to work unless we have a passing game. All I expect are injuries on the O line, as they struggle every game to push the ball forward a few more inches.

We need an excellent WR, and I believe we need a good TE too. I think Fasano is done.

If you have noticed, every opposing team has made adjustments at halftime that have shut down whatever offensive plays we pasted together with the roster we have. In this league, you don't just need a few great players on offense (which we don't have anyway), you need a powerful offense which is completely balanced, and runs and throws on you like an approaching train. So I hate to break it to you, but as bad as we need guys on that side of the ball, we won't see it on the scoreboard until we can do what other teams do.

WR - SAFETY - NT - ILB - OLB - TE - FA and draft!

smileys with beer

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 10, 2009 06:08AM

I will continue to update it until it is Identical to our actual choices.

1- CJ SPILLER RB-
2- GOLDEN TATE WR-
3- VINCE OGHOBAASE NT-
4- MYRON ROLLE SS-
5- GEORGE SELVIE DE/OLB
6- ANTHONY McCOY TE

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 10, 2009 03:55PM

If Taylor Mays and CJ Spiller are on the board, who you picking Daytona?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: November 11, 2009 05:01PM

MAYS. IMO both will be very valuable DRAFTees.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.