HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Positives - sort of
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Positives - sort of
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:33PM

1. Henne's now getting his chance to get some real game experience.

2. The murky questions about Ginn are getting clearer. Ginn is officially a bust. Hopefully the trifecta will see it the same way and trade him.

3. Merling and Langford had some big plays which means we're set at DE for many years.

4. Gibril Wilson has played poorly enough to, hopefully, open it up to competition. Hopefully Clemons.

5. We're set at RB for a while!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Positives - sort of
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:34PM

Positives, Wildcat. Negatives, everything else.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:35PM

so, your positives are (1) our starting QB is injured; (2) we now know our #1 WR sucks and needs to be gotten rid of; and (3) our highly paid new starting safety sucks and hopefully we be replaced.

woo hoo!! gonna be a great year!!!

Date: September 27, 2009 02:38PM

3 and 13 here we come number one pick. Hey look at the brightside, if we dont go all the way 3 and 13 garantee's us the best QB possible. smiling smiley

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:47PM

we are gonna use another 1st or 2nd round pick on a QB!!! Please. Beck, Henne, White..........how many can we take????

Just go sign Jeff Garcia or something and let him and Henne fight it out. And draft a WR, a OLB, a NT.......anything but a QB!! Enough of the drafting of QB's.

We had our shot at Matt Ryan, we blew it. Move on

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:53PM

We need WR's. If we get the number 1 or 2 pick which looks like it will happen....we then get the easier schedule and have a much better shot at the bowl. The ultimate goal is the bowl..so you have to now do it this way with the salary caps. So I say lose them all boys and get better picks and easier schedule!

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 27, 2009 02:54PM

Positives: I am positive we suck.

Negatives: See positives.

Thunder you are the first person to have your prediction officially proven false. As for everyone else, our time is coming soon.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:55PM

Get Bradford, Mccoy, or Tebow. Anything else would be a bust. JMO

Date: September 27, 2009 02:56PM

YES, im the first, but not the last. Thank you Sparano on another waisted year. COME ON Ireland pick a winner next year.

Date: September 27, 2009 02:57PM

Date: September 27, 2009 02:59PM

Cin, Det, Chi, Cle, There's 4 wins next year!!!!

Date: September 27, 2009 03:00PM

Cincinnati is really good. Take away a fluke play they are 3-0. Chicago is really good as well

Date: September 27, 2009 03:03PM

They have there moments, but one injurie to a key player, and there cellar dweller's again, plus look at the draft next year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:03PM

Date: September 27, 2009 03:05PM

Well Henne will have some 10+ weeks to prove himself. If he totally bombs out and is another John Beck, then QB becomes a huge priority.

But if we are forced to use another high draft pick on a QB and let the rest of our team (WR, OLB, NT, TE....etc) just fall by the waste side again, then we are light years away from being a contender.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:10PM

I think its year a little early, but he just dosnt have the pocket pressance to be a elite, and if we do horrible this year, as its looking, then yeah you take the number one QB in the draft.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:13PM

Date: September 27, 2009 03:15PM

What I saw out of Snead Thursday night I want no part of him. I know Ole Miss was overrated and he doesn't have a ton of talent around him, but he was playing a bad team and he played HORRIBLE in a show-case game.

I still have faith in Henne. Give him a full week of practice with the 1st team a full week of game prep, and I think he will be fine.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:29PM

Fine, when we loose next week to the Bills, and its going to suck. Anyways, after your boy Henne struggle's all game, will you please end the Henne for president run. I have no faith in him, and if you watch the plays unfold you will cringe over it too. I hope he is the man, but he isnt, and another bust. Hey at least Tennessee is 0-3

Date: September 27, 2009 03:32PM

Give Henne MORE than one game. It's unrealistic to expect results in one game......why am I having this insane debate with you.

See this is what i mean. I wish we had an IGNORE feature on this site. Can a MOD take care of this please

Date: September 27, 2009 03:36PM

The ignore button is in your head, and can be accessed at any time, by simply not reading my post, or if you prefere, not to respond to them. Instead you decide to do both, and complain about it. I also feel the same about your post, but i dont call for your head, because you are a fello dolphins fan, and i would have to root with you watching a game.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 27, 2009 03:41PM

People have to remember that the backup QB only gets about 15% of the practice snaps with the first team offense. And you could not have two more different passers than Henne and Pennington, in terms of arm strength. That has to be an adjustment for the WR. To judge Henne on this game is absolutely insane. He'll be much better next with a full week of practicing with the first team offense. Of course, he'll need some help from his line and his wideouts. Because our only offensive weapons are at RB, teams are going blitz us relentlessly until Henne burns then a few times. And for that to happen, he's going to need his line to pick up those blitzers much better than they did today, and he'll need his wideouts to make some plays downfield, which could be problematic given our lack of talent at the position.

Date: September 27, 2009 03:53PM

so you guys think pennys done???? its a bruise he won the comeback player of the year twice. hes a fighter. he'll be back and we'll be okay

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 27, 2009 05:51PM

chadpennington4ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so you guys think pennys done???? its a bruise he
> won the comeback player of the year twice. hes a
> fighter. he'll be back and we'll be okay

Pennington may comeback, but we won't be okay. We suck.

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 27, 2009 05:56PM

WE POSITIVELY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 27, 2009 06:14PM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give Henne MORE than one game. It's unrealistic to
> expect results in one game......why am I having
> this insane debate with you.
>
Hey MikeO, we actually agree on something!

Date: September 27, 2009 09:30PM

Your right, Dan Marino ran past the line of scrimage then proceeded to throw a TD pass all in the same play!!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 28, 2009 01:31AM

Posted by: Doug ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:48AM

i think the secondary will come together nicely. DBs need to learn opposing offenses, recognize patterns, shifts, dissect plays. That takes time and experience. to expect rookie CBs to shut down an offense passing game is not realistic.

While i think the Wild Cat is more than "bubblegum and spit" as you put it, i agree an offense must be able to play winning football with the fundamentals, before introducing "trick" plays thus never relying on them.

I also think Pennington's time is done in a Dolphins uniform. What would be the reason for his return in the latter half of the season? He's not signed for 2010, the team clearly intended on going a different direction, and against better competition his weaknesses were more apparent (i.e. lack of quick strike/big play arm). To contain the colts the way we did was amazing, as well as SD for the most part. We need a QB who's comfortable putting the team on his back and winning the game himself. Pennington was nearly flawless, only to fail because he didnt have the SB quality team around him.

I would love to see Chadwick Pennington wearing a visor and a Miami Dolphins Polo shirt on the sidelines talking into the qbs earpiece. With the right composure and experience (career qb rtg speaks for itself) i think he would be a perfect candidate for coaching and mentoring young quarterbacks.

"I don't really care what happened in the past, I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them." - T. Sparano

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 08:39AM

Positives= we are getting the first or second top draft pick
negatives= we will go 3-13 this year and another season down the toilet early on in the season

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.