HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Why the Jets don't scare me
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Why the Jets don't scare me
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 21, 2009 10:25AM

Here is my hunch. This is all Rex Ryan did:

Normal game prep
Patriots prep
Normal game prep
Patriots prep
Normal game prep
Patriots prep
Call fans to be loud

Since the very beginning Rex Ryan has been talking about beating the Pats. It was as if it was his goal for the season. If the way the guy talked is how he prepared, then I'm not worried.

Yeah, he's got the Jets playing tough,

Yeah, the defense is playing out of their mind.

But that's the key. It's week 2 and the Jets are coming out of the gates full force with their mouthes flapping and ass hair on fire.

Can anybody name me the team that started 8-3 last year then burned out down the stretch? Anybody?

The Jets don't scare me. They beat an injured, old, slow, and dysfunctional Patriots team. At home. With the crowd roaring as loud as I've ever heard a NY crowd be...and won by only 7 points.

I say let the Jets be maniacs right now. They'll burn themselves out before too long, just wait and see...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why the Jets don't scare me
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 10:46AM

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 21, 2009 11:25AM

> The Pats couldn't run it and with their "running" game on the bench (wes welker) they were in a tough spot.

Assume you meant with their "passing game" on the bench (wes welker)

1. Jets defenmse is good, and they've put a lot into it in the past 2 years. i think some time together will make them formidable in year 2 of the rebuild.

2. They now have some improved offensive pep with Sanchez, and he has come up to speed to compliment a decent supporting cast.

Patsies are not looking as strong as advertised and to beat this Defense yes a running game is needed. FINS will need to bring their "A" running game and also be able to pass it some too.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 21, 2009 03:02PM

Patriots must of gotten really beat up in that Bills game, they were missing main outlet guy Welker and also their best interior LB Mayo. Brady has been way off on his deep passes, and his protection looks weak.

Bottomline:
Pats still better then Jets, but obviously not yesterday.

I agree with you Futt and would like to add that on a positive note Jets are paper thin depth wise, a couple of injuries will have them reeling in mediocrity for the rest of the season.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 07:39AM

The standings at the end of the season:

JETS
PATS
BILLS
Miami

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 11:51AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The standings at the end of the season:
>
> JETS
> PATS
> BILLS
> Miami

You must be a jet fan. The jets will find a way to stink it up at the end of the season.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 01:47PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The standings at the end of the season:
> >
> > JETS
> > PATS
> > BILLS
> > Miami
>
>
> You must be a jet fan. The jets will find a way to
> stink it up at the end of the season.

Nope...a Phins fan...whos realistic. I have been a fan since 1970. I am just disappointed as the rest with the mediocre atmosphere this organization has been for the past 15 years or so. Its really sad and makes me sad

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: September 22, 2009 06:14PM

PHINS,
JETS,
BILLS,
PATSIES! Thats the way it shall always be!

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 23, 2009 11:48AM

There going to beat our butts, because #1 There going to stop our run, and we know what happens when a team does that, week one as example. #2 i hate to admit it, but the dirty Sanchez is the real thing. It will be a tight game, because a team without a solid TE, has trouble agaisnt us. So every team we play that doesnt have a number one TE, we could beat everyone else is going to torch us, because of horrible ILB'S, AND SAFTY PLAY. That is how you beat us, by utilizing your TE, to torch our god awful safties.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.