HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          DIRECTV Sunday Ticket FREE this weekend
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
DIRECTV Sunday Ticket FREE this weekend
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 10, 2009 04:47PM

If you have DIRECTV but do NOT pay for the Sunday Ticket.......you get Week 1 for FREE!!! All of the games you will get.

Enjoy!! Tell your friends who have DIRECTV and might not know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DIRECTV Sunday Ticket FREE this weekend
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 10, 2009 06:58PM

Well congrats to the sports bars!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 10, 2009 07:28PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well congrats to the sports bars!!

Problem is, the sports bars already HAVE Sunday Ticket, and they won't get a refund just because others are getting it for free!

Date: September 10, 2009 07:37PM

Oh so you have to be a new sign up. Pathetic. lol

Date: September 10, 2009 11:59PM

uh?? ANYONE with a directv dish gets Sunday Ticket for free this week

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 12:00AM by MikeO.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 11, 2009 08:14AM

I have had the sunday ticket for years. It is the second greatest example of Congress selling out the public. Congress granted the NFL a monopoly. Fine. But how does Congress then let the NFL turn around and grant a monopoly of its own to DirecTV to exclusively broadcast its games? The Sunday Ticket costs approximately $160.

The first greatest example is the forced conversion to Digital TV. I remember the first days of analog TV in the early fifties. I remember the days of having to adjust the rabbit ears. Those days were nothing like today. The digital signal is a WEAK signal. Just think, now there is no such thing as TV radios because the signal is digital. Moreover, all those RVs with TVs inside can forget it because you can't move while receiving a digital signal. In my history of life, I have never seen technology move from a better system to a worst, here fro a strong signal (analog) to a weak signal (digital). The reason why is that Congress was paid off by the cable and sattelite companies and that (like Obama's health plan) nobody is thinking 2 steps ahead. Here, the 2 steps ahead is that the trick was to force everybody (eventually) into buying cable or sattelite. They kept saying that the digital picture is far superior. Yeah, when you can get it. You just can't have a regular TV anymore without cable or sattelite and walk with it like you used to do with the little palm sized TVs. WE WERE SOLD OUT!

Date: September 11, 2009 09:27AM

Lol we are alway sold out, because the American people just complain, and are to lazy to do anything to stop it, and listen to the new's media.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:40AM

While this isn't anti-trust stuff, I just found out a few days ago that to see the games in HD, you have to subscribe to their super fan package for another $100.

I bought an HD tv, leased (from DirecTV) an HD receiver/DVR, pay the $10/mo for HD, and pay for the Sunday Ticket...I thought I was set.

With all civility, I called DTV and basically told them that it was a very disappointing discovery and that I felt they should give me SuperFan. Long story short, as a retention offer, they did give it to me for free for this year. No idea about next year, but I am prepared to leave them altogether for cable and just spend several afternoons at a local watering hole for HD broadcasts. This season, only 12 games are not national broadcasts (HD, no need for Sunday Ticket)...perhaps even fewer with flex scheduling toward the end.

Date: September 11, 2009 10:47AM

Hey comcast cheaper better internet, and one day will have sunday ticket, and in the mean time, i just go to a sports bar on game day, or go to Justin.tv.net

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 11, 2009 11:47AM

Ugh when they broke up the bell system they promised better competition, thus leading to better services and better prices.

What we got was better services, and each entity took an niche and increased the overall costs to the public.

Judge green (he who ruled on it) should be given an an enima given an enima, as the rest of us have received a financial one for his rulings

By the time I add up cell, phone, inet, TV services it is many times multiple of what it used to be.

Date: September 11, 2009 12:37PM

Well, hey ill go to court with ya if you want to run a appeal?

Date: September 11, 2009 03:36PM

Where to start...

1)For the guy who called up and complained about having to pay $100 for SuperFan, do that every year and you won't have to pay for it ever. DIRECTV's customer service is 2nd to none. They are very good about this stuff. If you call and complain about anything, esentially you get freebies.

2) DIRECTV does not have exclusive rights for NFL games. NFL games air on FOX, CBS, NBC, and ESPN. DIRECTV just airs those channles. The Sunday Ticket comes up for BID with every TV contract and DIRECTV bids more than cable. So they win. Your argument is weak. An example would be if like ABC was crying that they don't have the Super Bowl this year on their network. Well did you pay the most money or offer the highest bid to carry the game? NO!! So why would they be surprised they don't have the game and can't complain and have no leg to stand on. The Sunday Ticket is an entity and DIRECTV pays the most to get it.

Only 13% of the country or so has Directv. So the Sunday Ticket isn't as big as people think. The NFL will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER let the Sunday Ticket be on cable. Cause FOX and CBS who pay a ton of money for these games on Sunday's then lose their entire affilate local audience as nobody would watch the games on CBS. And most would pay for Sunday Ticket and watch national feeds. IT would kill the FOX and CBS deals. That is the REAL reason why the Sunday Ticket will NEVER be on cable. Combine that and with DIRECTV paying more money and its an easy call for the NFL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2009 03:38PM by MikeO.

Date: September 11, 2009 03:57PM

Hmm so your saying you cant watch on Direct tv, the games on fox, or cbs without having Sunday ticket? 13 percent, is like 15 mill people.

Date: September 11, 2009 04:05PM

never said that at all dont twist my words. I stated the NFL doesn't care since DIRECTV is in the homes of so few people. Cable TV is what the vast majority of the country has and would have a HUGE effect on their FOX and CBS deals. Add 15 mill people is nothing when there are 300+ mill in the country.

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: September 11, 2009 05:55PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I have had the sunday ticket for years. It is the
> second greatest example of Congress selling out
> the public. Congress granted the NFL a monopoly.
> Fine. But how does Congress then let the NFL turn
> around and grant a monopoly of its own to DirecTV
> to exclusively broadcast its games? The Sunday
> Ticket costs approximately $160.

How are you getting Sunday ticket for $160!? I am paying $269 and I don't have the superfan package. I haven't paid $160 Sunday ticket in about 10 years. It's been $200 plus for a while for atleast me.

Date: September 11, 2009 06:07PM

The point im getting at, is that you said it would'nt work on cable, because of Fox,and CBS. YET they do just fine on DTV?

Date: September 11, 2009 06:47PM

To Dgoodhue, that is the price I am paying per year for the Sunday ticket alone. That is on top of my regular fee for DirecTV.

To MikeO, of course, CBS and Fox broadcast their regular games regionally. But that's not what we're talking about. What we're talking about is the ability of fans to see all of the games (except for local blackout restrictions).

However, your argument is really circular when you think carefully about it. All you are saying is that DirecTV is granting a monopoly on the basis of the highest bidder. But it's the fact that they are granting a monopoly that is the issue and not whether they are an "Equal Opportunity" Seller in granting that monopoly.

I criticized the fact that the NFL is granting A MONOPOLY, which they SHOULD NOT BE DOING BECAUSE CONGRESS granted the NFL a "monopoly" itself and thus an exemption from Anti-Trust laws.

Since the NFL was granted that monopoly (presumably for the public good like all Congressional legislation is supposed to be grounded in), then it follows that the NFL should exercise its power in that monopoly in the interests of the public good.

Therefore, since the NFL is granting a monopoly of its own to DirecTV so that DirecTV can therefore "stick to the consumer," that is what they are doing wrong. I never said that the NFL was being unfair about HOW they granted the monopoly but that they should not have been allowed to grant a monopoly at all.

Now, MikeO, to break it down for you to the last detail. The NFL should establish a going rate for allowing broadcast of their outside regional games and allow it to go to many different sattelite organizations (like DISH as well) and to Cable as well.

Then, dovetailing the inquiry back to dgoodhue, the marketplace competition as to not only the Sunday ticket but as to movies, other sports, EVEN DSL AND OTHER FEATURES etc can go to the organization that can put forth the best package for the cheapest price.

Right now, I can't take advantage of Verizon's bundles because it can't come with the Sunday Ticket.

MikeO, you are thinking like a businessman and I am thinking like a consumer.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 11, 2009 09:13PM

DTV is not exempt from the anti-trust laws. in fact they were recently sued for anti-trust violations and as a result you now can pay (albeit at a ridculous rate) to get ONE game on DTV without paying for the whole season. I know I was part of that class (as we you if you had sunday ticket about 5 years ago) and got a 20% off NFL merchandise coupon (up to $100) for my settlement! what a joke.

also, how can you say you can't get DTV when you are in motion? doesn't Jet Blue have it in their airplanes?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:06PM

Date: September 11, 2009 11:13PM

Directv and Verizon work together. You can get a BUNDLE from Verizon with DIRECTV

Go to the DIRECTV website and read up about it

Date: September 11, 2009 11:16PM

Cable has the RED ZONE channel this year. That is the NFL's way of comprimise.

I think ONLY Time Warner is the only one NOT to carry it (NFL Network) now and give it to their viewers

Date: September 12, 2009 01:52AM

I think that the redzone is a slap in the face. Why cant i just puschase cbs 4 channel for cable, so i dont miss a game? Phins fan, i beg to differ, about the bar thing. One, we have like 4 prime time games this year, you can watch at home, so take 12 games in a bar. I order a water free, a meal usualy around 6 to 8 bucks, maybe a beer, around 2 bucks, and a 2 dollar tip. So for the sake of argument, its a 8 min drive to the sports bar, "also have a golf corse club house 250 yards away", so gas to bar, would be 2 gal Most there and back, more like a little over a gal, so lets sy 3.00 in gas, so lets say 15 dollars in all to watch my team times 12. 180 dollars, to watch my game with fello fans, eat better than what i am eating at home watching game, which you also need to factor that cost in, for the regular season, and playoff's are always shown at home. Now if i went to the club house, it would be about 50 bucks cheaper. So i have to dissagree about your cost. Your getting ripped off, every year they raise that bs, yeah you get to watch your team, but its just not cost effective, maybe in the winter up there when your snowed in, but even then i imagine you get to watch them play the jets, on cbs, and you got Jusin.tv.net, for free. So where you live you should be able to watch 6 games at home with NFL network, 2 on cbs, 2 on monday night, one on sunday night, and one on thrusday night. so your paying how much for 10 games, plus food, and i hope you got a 60 inch screen for viewing pleasures, like at a bar, where i can look around at Many a game. so 350 dollars this year for 10 games, plus food to eat, and beer to drink,your looking at around 500 dollars, to watch 16 games, versus around 200 to 250 including food at home, which i would consume. So if you wouldnt order sunday ticket you wold save money, and tell them its too expensive, eventualy over time, more and more would say that, untill they stop ripping everyone off, problem is that you and the rest of the people who purchase it dont complain about it, untill it effects your personal life, give it another 5 years of raising cost, it eventualy will, then maybe they finaly cut the cost.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2009 02:34AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 12, 2009 08:03AM

Date: September 12, 2009 03:25PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> DTV is not exempt from the anti-trust laws. in
> fact they were recently sued for anti-trust
> violations and as a result you now can pay (albeit
> at a ridculous rate) to get ONE game on DTV
> without paying for the whole season. I know I was
> part of that class (as we you if you had sunday
> ticket about 5 years ago) and got a 20% off NFL
> merchandise coupon (up to $100) for my settlement!
> what a joke.
>
> also, how can you say you can't get DTV when you
> are in motion? doesn't Jet Blue have it in their
> airplanes?

RESPONSE: You're misreading both, Berk. I said that the NFL is exempt from Anti-trust laws, not DirecTV.

Secondly, I said that you can't get a digital TV signal while in a car, not DirecTV. I will now read the posts below yours.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: September 13, 2009 04:08AM

Dam I am paying almost $300.00 for sunday ticket. This is crap! They do have great service after my game today I will call them up. One guy is getting it for free another for $169 I am getting robbed

Date: September 13, 2009 05:16AM

Yeah you are, you need to switch to cable, and just go to a sports bar, order a water,and a meal, and you will save money throughout the year, you also are going to be able to see 4 Miami games in prime time this year. So 300 bucks for 12 games is a rip off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2009 05:17AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: September 13, 2009 06:47AM

order water at a sports bar......yeah that sounds like fun

Date: September 13, 2009 08:14AM

Let's not get carried away with that water order buddy

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 13, 2009 08:23AM

Maybe some people should buy them baby milk bottles and have fun with that.LOL. Thats probably all they are allowed to drink.

Date: September 13, 2009 09:26AM

"Bartender! Water on the rocks and some peanuts"! LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.