HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          OFFICIAL Dolphins Season PREDICTION thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OFFICIAL Dolphins Season PREDICTION thread
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 09, 2009 02:44PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OFFICIAL Dolphins Season PREDICTION thread
Posted by: miamid45 ()
Date: September 09, 2009 03:42PM

I think sadly that 8-8 is realistic. Although I think the Pats won't be as dominant as many are predicting.

With that being said, we might be able to surprise and win our division with 10 wins. I think the Bills go 4-12 and the Jets 6-10.

If we sweep those two, then we'd need to go 6-6 to get our 10 wins.

I'm praying because it sucks always waiting until "next year".

I'm predicting 10 wins:

2 WINS -VS- BILLS
2 WINS -VS- JETS
1 WIN -VS- ATLANTA
1 WIN -VS- PATS
1 WIN -VS- TAMPA
1 WIN -VS- JAGS
1 WIN -VS- TEXANS
1 WIN -VS- STEELERS( REST PLAYERS BECAUSE MEANINGLESS GAME)

THERE IT IS!

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 09, 2009 04:53PM

You heard it here first! 14.2. I was thinking and originaly said 13.3, but with recent transactions with the Pats, i think that Brady will get hurt later in the season, and we beat them the second time we play them. Pre trade with Oak 13.3 Post trade 14.2. Come on guys 8.8 is playing it safe. Give a 3 game window to that, and you get 11.5/5.11. 14.2 = 11.5 OR 16.0. Even at 13.3= 10.6/16.0. 12.4-15.1/9.7. Either way its a winning season. Unless of corse you picked 11.5 or less

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 05:05PM by MiamiThunder.

Date: September 09, 2009 05:14PM

You know if you pick them to loose 8, then go ahead and write off the first game as a loss, because that is going to be top 5 offenses in league, and the team is set up like a better Vikings offense, and team is like the colts, and patriots, weak on defense but STRONG on offense, so go ahead and say Pats twice, Atlanta, Colts, Panthers got a solid offense. So there is 5 of your 8 loss's, Pittsburg, because they know how to win. 6 of your loss's. Houston has a great offense, there is number 7, and the 8th would be who? Oh yeah Saints, because i mean come on Drew Brees. So if you perdict 8 loss's thoughs would be the teams. So take back your Atlanta perdictions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 05:16PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 09, 2009 05:31PM

at least 11 wins.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 09, 2009 05:45PM

11-5 and win the division.

Date: September 09, 2009 06:04PM

And if you pick 8 loss's then you cant realy say anything about any sports annalyst, because thats right around where they put us, loosing to the team's i mentioned above. Plus you would have to take back everything that you wrote about us being a solid team, because solid teams go over .500.

Date: September 09, 2009 06:14PM

Dont we beat San Diego just about every time we play them? yet Miami D didnt mention them, and the Colts defense is horrib without Sanders, which could, and should be out when we play them!

Posted by: wayne ()
Date: September 09, 2009 06:17PM

I say 11-5 again this season, the defense will set a dolphin record for sacks and make the playoffs once again.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 09, 2009 06:19PM

10-6, wildcard, and we win the first 2 playoff games!

Date: September 09, 2009 06:40PM

NOW THATS MORE LIKE IT. GIVE ME GO MIAMI!!!DONT GIVE ME THIS 8.8 CRAP GIVE ME THE GOOD STUFF GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PHINS! Hi FIVIN THAT S.IT OH YEAH, YOU TOO SAM SAM YOUR UGLY AND, ANNOYING, BUT GET THEM HANDS UP. ITS GAME TIME PEOPLE!!! TIME TO GET FIRED UP!!!!!hot smiley

Date: September 09, 2009 07:46PM

You know, I don't know what to think? Do I feel sorry for our boy's, because EVEYONE diss's them, or should I feel happy? Angry? How should we as fan's feel, besides dissrespected by everyone else? God, Pennington is not even ranked in the top 20 qb's, nor the top 100 best active players? Please let us beat the tar out of the Falcon's PLEASE, I CAN'T WATCH THE SO CALLED EXPERT A.HOLES PERDICTIONS COME TRUE!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 07:47PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 09, 2009 08:44PM

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: September 10, 2009 04:06AM

14-2 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIP Division Title

PRO-Bowlers

Penny, RB, JP, Jake Long (but none play in it)

"Don't tell me about the pain, show me the baby." - BP

Date: September 10, 2009 05:02AM

Alright DAYTONA!!! I GOT THE SAME PERDICTS, except all the guys mention play in the probowl, including joey porter.

Date: September 10, 2009 06:29AM

Mike0 its not to late to change your prediction.

Date: September 10, 2009 06:45AM

Well looking at our schedual, we will either be 7.9 or lower, or 12.4 or higher. How I came up with this, is the fact that alot of the teams we play, are alot a like. The Saints, Falcons, Chargers, Colts, Patriots, and Houston all have strong offense's, yet average to weak defense's, so we either beat them, or loose to them, which is why i say again Atlanta is prob the most important game this year, because it sets the tone of our season. Thats 7 games right there. Not including Pittsburg, Carolina, and the Titans, which are the best overall teams we play in regards to both defense, and offense. So looking at what the other teams bring, we will either win the 7 games or at least most of them, and go on to beat the other 3 teams, because they have lesser Offense's, or we loose most of the 7 games, and then go on to loose, two if not three of the 3 others mentioned. The Bill's, Jet's, Jax, and Tampa should be the teams we beat this year with relative ease. So you can now see why we either go 7.9 or lower, or higher than 12.4. Basicaly we are elite, or crappy. I dont see us being average. Not with this schedual. I mean the 7 teams I mention are alot a like, and we will use simular blue prints against them, which is why we either beat most of them, or loose to most of them. Pits, CARO, TENN, I think we run more on, and use the wildcat less with thoughs three, and use Pat White's spread with them, and use the wildcat more with the first 7, and do a combo with the easy wins.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 06:56AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: September 10, 2009 06:50AM

I gotta change back to going with 13.3, because of my 3 win/loss formula, but if we have a crappy year, then the reverse side of 13.3, would be 6.10.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 06:58AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: September 10, 2009 07:19AM

I see us going 7-1 or 6-2 at home. 4-4 is what I see with the road games. I don't see how we can win more than 11 games with a new secondary, especially with 2 rookies. We should make the play-offs and win at least 1 game. Super Bowl will have to wait until next year, but I will except being wrong about that!

Date: September 10, 2009 07:24AM

I just explained it? Come on RW!

Date: September 10, 2009 07:35AM

NFL every year is superbowl, or bust. Thats the brutality of this game. So you either say, that my team is going all the way, or it doesnt realy matter what the record is, because come Superbowl time, your either on the field, or watching from home. So i guess we should be asking, superbowl, or no superbowl. That is the only meaningful question.

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: September 10, 2009 12:28PM

The name of the thread is "OFFICIAL Dolphins Season PREDICTION"! That's what I did. You can also call it guessing, because that's what it really is every year! At least it's an educated guess!

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 10, 2009 02:00PM

Earlier in the year i predicted 7-9 but once again my DOLPHINS pride and optimism has kicked in as it does every year. And I'm adding 2 wins to the TOTAL!.... Patriots also go 9-7 but we win the division on a tie breaker.

DOLPHINS 9-7
Patsies 9-7
Jets 5-11
Bills 4-12

Date: September 10, 2009 02:32PM

Hey i dont want to rain on anyone's parade, but it would be nice to hear how some of you guys come up with your predictions? What games do you feel we wont win? Why wont we win them? Just curious to read why you guys keep saying 8.8, and 9.7, yet even from the experts, they, or you dont realy go into detail about why, or what teams that will beat us, why wont we win this game? What makes the Colts any diff than Houston? Both got solid running games, recieving offense, and about the same on defense, hell same could be said about the Pats now, and Atlanta, yet you pick a team out of the bunch, and give no reason's why. Some not all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 02:33PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 10, 2009 03:11PM

Date: September 10, 2009 06:56PM

Nice, and thank you. I would dissagree with Charger's, we always shut down there run, and we have the better defense, just like last year we beat em.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 10, 2009 07:27PM

It's kind of predictable to have us beating the lesser teams and losing to the better ones. Unfortunately, the NFL season is never that predictable. Last year we lost to Houston and beat NE at NE.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 11, 2009 07:45AM

Ok team by team like I did last year, and because it's fun!

WK 1@ ATL (W) 20-13 Falcons offense falters vs. Miami new blitz packs
WK 2vs.IND (W) 24-20 Monday night lights reveal Colts weak D
WK 3@ SD (L) 10-31 Short week plus trip west results in big loss.
WK 4vs.BUF (W) 27-6 Angry Sporano fires up guys versus Bills
WK 5vs.NYJ (W) 24-13 Pennington gets more revenge with 2 td's
WK 6 BYE WEEK
WK 7VS.NO (L) 10-35 Saints change up passing game and get us early.
WK 8@NYJ (L) 17-27 Major let down game, Sanchez lands some bombs.
WK 9@NE (W) 33-20 Wildpat unleashed.
WK10vs.TB (W) 13-6 Slugfest but TB's lack of depth shows at the end.
WK11@CAR (L) 6-34 Short Rest/ Away game, we lose.
WK12@BUF (W) 31-0 Owens is "injured" by now.
WK13vs.NE (L) 6-45 Ferg out, NE exploits our interior D all game.
WK14@JAX (L) 17-27 Surprising Jax wins division and this game.
WK15@TEN (L) 20-23 Tough loss, but we do shut down Titans Run.
WK16vs.HOU (W) 31-17 Finally Texans curse is lifted.
WK17vs.PGH (W) 17-13 We win against Steelers second stringers

End Regular Season 9-7
Repeat AFC East Division Champions

Other playoff teams
AFC NORTH - STEELERS 12-4
AFC CENTRAL - Jaguars 10-6
AFC WEST - Chargers 11-5

WildCARD

Patriots 9-7, Ravens 10-6

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 11, 2009 07:57AM

You'll have to excuse me for appearance of being a woos about prediction now ... here's my flimsy excuses:

1. I was very bullish and likely to overstate with optimism based on off season and training camp reports, even the early two preseason games.

2. The Tampa Bay pre-season game hit my enthusiasm like a wet blanket

- Most of the strong points were not realized in a game where we are supposed to care about it, and game plan.

3. My current state is a re-building of optimism over hopes that we are playing it smart, have the goods, but choosing not to display them in pre-season, and that the basics in the Tampa game were an aberration and not the state of our OL / DL lines / and secondary.

If a gun held to head today I'd likely lean to 9-7.

- If we play like we did against Tampa ... 7-9
- If we play like I think we should 11-5 (despite the tough schedule)

Date: September 11, 2009 08:02AM

Toko thats prob the worst prediction ever, Jax wins divison? LOL Hey but it is a hoot to read, and i like your explanations. Thank you for your imput! I hope we win a couple more than you predict though lol.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.