HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Falcons Vs Dolphins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Falcons Vs Dolphins
Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: September 07, 2009 06:52AM

Poll
Who Will Win?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
34 votes were received.
Dolphins 30

88%
Falcons 4

12%

Well it's less than a week away and I thought it would be necessary to bring up the ancient argument.

We've already debating the matchups but now that the rosters are set and we've been able to watch both teams play in the pre-season, it's time to further our discussion.

I would like to first note how the Falcons improved their secondary by trading for the former first-round pick Tye Hill and picking up the former Jaguar Brian Williams. I'm not trying to say that they now have elite talent at cornerback but this added depth to their secondary can't hurt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Falcons Vs Dolphins
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 07, 2009 07:13AM

Don't see the point of the poll on a Dolphins board. I expect the results to be decidedly one-sided.

Posted by: dielan ()
Date: September 07, 2009 07:16AM

the poll may get skewed but we can talk some football now that we actually have our rosters pretty much set

sept 13 will be ours

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 07, 2009 07:30AM

Lol i cant wait, like i said you better be on here!hot smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 07, 2009 07:34AM

Since BaltimoronTilDeath started the poll, I can only imagine who is the one vote against.

Date: September 07, 2009 10:14AM

Yeah, I just wanted to make the poll because it made this post more professional. You never know though.

Date: September 07, 2009 10:19AM

More professional? Come on man lol. I think that we force Ryan to throw 60 percent of his pass's to Gonzalez, while we double up on White, and set our other safty, Wilson or Bell to account for Turner. What linebacker do you guys think will do most of the covering for Gonzalez?

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 07, 2009 10:19AM

Posted by: dielan ()
Date: September 07, 2009 01:22PM

trust me...you won't be able to double up on white, we have too many weapons

gonzo will burn you with only 1 linebacker on him as will jenks with 1 corner

then you have to consider stopping the run, if you don't stack the box, turner will run all over you

its really pick your poison, you're going to get burned by someone

the thing that worries me is our defense. The key is for us to limit teams to field goals, this is how we got through last year so effectively.

Which is why the matchup I will be looking for on the defensive side of the ball is in the redzone.

Date: September 07, 2009 01:34PM

Hate to break it to your team will get down the field, but your going to be kicking more field goals than TD's, and i cant say the same for our team, since EVERYONE knows that your defense is deff not going to be better than 20th, and your passing defense might be around 30th. Resulting in a time of possession game that we win, because your anemic defense will be tired and worn out twards the end of the game, and we will then run the ball to burn the clock out in what i believe to be a score of around Miami 27, Atl 23. Or pretty close to that. But anything can happen.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 01:35PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: September 07, 2009 03:56PM

Any word on why Matt Ryan missed practice today?????

Date: September 07, 2009 04:03PM

Sorry, but I just don't see Miami being able to stop Atlanta whatsoever nor do I see atlanta being able to stop Miami. Atlanta's offense is too potent, to explosive and has too many weapons for will be a match for any and every defense they face.

The same goes for our Atlanta's defense will be taken apart by almost all teams they face which will make this game a high scoring affair.

This, however, favors Atlanta as they have the skills on offense to play in a shoot-out while Miami does not. I say that Miami will take the lead into the 4th quarter due to 2 Atlanta turnovers but Matt Ryan will regain the lead late in the fourth and Miami's possession offense will never be able to get it back.

Like you said, 27 - 23 but the other way around.

Date: September 07, 2009 04:43PM

You make a valid point in a potent offense, but Atlanta is going to go agaisnt one if not the best pass rushing defense in the league this year, when we bring JT, AND JP on the same play one, is going to get one on one, and will bring havoc, somthing that the Ryan isnt used too, it will be interesting to see how he handles the blitz's we bring him. I'm telling you our offense is built to take its time running down the clock on slow methatical drives, so that the other teams offense has a harder time finding, and staying in a rythem, and to wear down the defense while resting our's. Our biggest problem is converting TD's instead of FG'S.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 04:44PM by MiamiThunder.

Date: September 07, 2009 04:52PM

In fact i feel that we are going to go out, and go pass happy to start the game, and finish running it down there throats for around 250 yards passing, and around 140 rushing. Of course this is just one fans wishfull thinking, but Penny 24/32 2TD'S 0INT'S. Brown 14 carries 70 yards 3 receptions 23 yards. Williams 12 carries 48 yards 2 receptions 14 yards. White 2 carries 16 yards. Cobbs 1 carry 4 yards, 1 reception 38 yards,Polite 3 carries 5 yards. Pennington 2 carries 6 yards. Brown should score a td, and White should if they use the wildpat in the redzone. Otherwise Fasano with one, and Camarillo. Thats my perdictions. Ginn 4 receptions 56 yards, Cam 5 receptions 60 yards, Bess 5 receptions 47 yards, Fasano 2 receptions 30 yards, Haynos 1 reception 13, Hartline 1 receptions 24 yards. So FASANO 1 TD, BROWN RUSH TD, CAMARILLO 1TD, CARPENTER 2/2 46/38 yards. 3 SACKS one int, one force fumble for our defense. 27/23 Miami wins.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 06:29PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 07, 2009 09:50PM

Date: September 08, 2009 04:42PM

You bash on my prediction yet MiamiThunder here predicted every offensive stat for the Dolphins for each player.

You don't have better receivers. You have the same receivers who are a year younger who don't even compare to the offensive firepower they'll have to contend with against Atlanta. I firmly believe the Jenkins, Atlanta's 3rd option, is a better wide receiver than Ginn. I don't care if they're better than last year, but right now, they're not even comparable to Atlanta.

"Pennington's has had a full injury free off-season."

So has Matt Ryan, Turner, Roddy White, Gonzalez, Jenkins and Norwood.

Atlanta's defense has gotten worse. They're I will agree with you.

When you say that their offense is "vulnerable", what does that even mean? I've never heard that term related to offensive football. Please, teach me how an offense can be vulnerable. Vulnerable to what? Strangers on the streets teasing them with candy? What are you trying to say?

What signs of a sophomore Slump? That he got maybe the best tight end to ever play? That his offensive line is still intact and same goes for his receivers? Don't make ridiculous claims unless you gonna back them up with SOMETHING. I'd rather you say he's destined for a sophomore slump because he ate too much chocolate over the off-season than what you said. You embarrassing yourself.

The only reason I gave such a prediction is because if I told you my real prediction, users on this site would pop a vein with anger and ask me where I got such a ridiculous prediction from just like how I'm asking you right now where you got your ridiculous predictions.

I also made the game tighter than I believe to not hurt anyones feelings but here's my real prediction.

34 - 17 Atlanta

I don't care if he's had an injury free offseason, Pennington will never, ever outplay Matt Ryan whether it be a during pick-up game or in the NFL.

Date: September 08, 2009 05:08PM

LOL WHAT THE ? Never out play Matt Ryan? WOW HE DID THAT FEAT LAST YEAR! I guess we will wait, and see. Want to make a wager? I propose that if Miami wins, then you never come back to this site, and if they loose, I will never question you again on here, or talk smack about your team. Time to put your $ where your grinning smiley is.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 05:11PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 08, 2009 05:41PM

Bmoretildeath Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't care if he's had an injury free offseason,
> Pennington will never, ever outplay Matt Ryan
> whether it be a during pick-up game or in the NFL.

That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time! Pennington has consistently out-played Matt Ryan. Who was the runner-up MVP last year? Who's had a longer career? Pennington was throwing TDs in the NFL before Ryan was even playing in highschool! Pennington led Marshall University to an undefeated season and a 3rd-straight conference championship when Ryan was only 13 years old!!!

Date: September 08, 2009 05:56PM

Miami's offense doesn't have to be better than Atlanta's offense. It has to be better than Atlanta's defense...and it is by light years.

Atlanta's offense has to be better than Miami's defense. It will be but not by as wide a margin as the Miami offense is to the Atlanta defense.

Atlanta presents a real challenge in that they are a strong running team that also has big play makers in the passing game. Ryan, Turner, Gonzo, and White. (Norwood is dinged)

The reasons why Atlanta won't run up and down the field are....

1. QB pressure from everywhere. We can't double team all the Atlanta weapons but Atlanta can't double team Taylor and Porter and all of the other guys bringing pressure. Double one and the other will hurry throws and cause sacks and turnovers.

2. Miami's very good CB's. We have several CB's that are capable of shutting people down one on one. White is the biggest threat but don't be surprised to see the rookie Sean Smith (future rookie of the year candidate) do what he does best and snag an int. Ryan will be under a lot of pressure and forced to make ill advised throws.

3. Coaching. Smith is a good coach but Sparano is always well prepared and has many tricks up his sleeve. Pasqualoni is being scouted for HC'ing positions in 2010. We have been working on pressure from the middle as well. Crowder and Ayodele have shown great improvement in their second year in this defense. Porter, Taylor, Starks, Ferguson, Langford, Crowder, Ayodele, Culver, Wake, Moses and Anderson all present a pass rush problem for Atlanta. You never know who is coming and they all do it well. We are deep, deep, deep and can substitute for starters without dropping off much at any position along the front 7.

4. Believe in the Wildcat or not, it is real and Atlanta will spend valuable time preparing for it. Problem is they cannot prepare for the new look that no one has seen. We shouldn't need it but it is always in the pocket.

5. Play makers on defense...Bell, Porter, Smith, Taylor all make consistent big plays...ala turnovers. Add to that, as previously mentioned and improved interior LB'ing crew and it is a big factor.

This will limit the explosive offense and allow the Miami offense to run the ball and eat the clock against a suspect defense...keeping the ball away from Ryan and co. Ronnie abuses people and we will use many double TE sets. DB's aren't real keen on tackling Ronnie in the 4th quarter.

Score....Miami 31 Atlanta 24 (if they can score on ST's...otherwise 17 points for ATL.)

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 05:57PM by eesti.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 09, 2009 04:12AM

Do they not have message boards on the falcons web sites?

Date: September 09, 2009 09:11AM

He is a Baltimore fan, which is what pee's me off!

Posted by: Rmorc13 ()
Date: September 09, 2009 09:54AM

miami 28 atlanta 21

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 09, 2009 11:11AM

See a sophmore slump for Ryan this year. Although Roody White could have a HUGE game vs our poor secondary. Which will keep this game close late.

Miami 24-23

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 09, 2009 11:54AM

Miami 27-20, with at least one mimai defensive TD.

Date: September 09, 2009 12:01PM

Date: September 09, 2009 12:02PM

Man I feel that this game is the most important of our season. Sets the tone, and realy challenges our defense, more than any other team this year. Right from training camp we will know where we stand, and what we need to work on.

Date: September 09, 2009 12:15PM

Lol i just looked at some fantasy previews, and they had Pennington throwing for only 190 yards, and one td/int. Wow i didnt realize the Dirty birds where so stacked on defense!

Date: September 09, 2009 12:20PM

I'll just address a couple of topics here as this will be my last post until sunday.

1. MiamiThunder: Just because Pennington has played longer than Ryan doesn't make him a better player. Tell me, did Chad lead his team to the playoffs in his rookie year? Did he win Offensive Rookie of the year? No. He didn't even start for the Jets in his two first seasons. Matt Ryan is already ahead of the curve when it comes to quarterbacks along with Flacco as they can only improve from where they are now.

3. Don't worry, win lose or tie, I won't return here after sunday and maybe monday if I want to continue to rub it in and hear your petty excuses.

2. PhinJim: Sorry for making this site interesting.

3. Jake Long is one of the premiere young LTs in the game and his matchup versus Abraham will be a huge component of this game but even if Jake Long shuts him down, Atlanta utilizes his ability by moving him around and I don't believe the rest of your O-Line can handle him.

Please, don't respond to this message cause I won't even bother to respond to the nonsense I will receive from MiamiThunder until Sunday.

Date: September 09, 2009 12:35PM

Well good ridence! Dont come to this site and run your mouth they way you do, nobody likes cocky arrogant fans from other teams, infiltrating our teams site! Sure we here might fight with each other, but rest assured come game day we stand tall, brothers in arm's, fighting till the end, the end of it all.

We will FIGHT! WE WILL FALL, TILL THE DOLPHINS BEAT EM ALLLLLL. Brother's in arm's standing tall, fighting to the end, the end of it all...

Date: September 09, 2009 01:28PM

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.