HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Richard Seymour traded to Oakland
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Richard Seymour traded to Oakland
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 06, 2009 07:09AM

Patriots traded Richard Seymour to the Raiders for a 2011 first round pick!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 07:09AM by MiamiThunder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Richard Seymour traded to Oakland
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 06, 2009 07:24AM

New England is so good at this stuff. They have a black heart, they look at guys and know when they are finished and/or washed up. And are so COLD about getting rid of them. And they are smart about getting rid of guys a year early, and getting value for them. Instead of getting rid of guys a year late and getting NO VALUE for them. They had a hall of fame kicker who won them 3 super bowls they told to take a hike in free agency and refused to pay him. Telling Lawyer Milloy to walk the day before the season starts a few years back. And now this!!!!!

Plus, in 2010 there will be no salary cap, so being able to load up on 1st round picks, pay them a ton, and have no consequences is smart. Plus with no new CBA, restriced free agents go from 4 years to 6 years...... meaning you draft a guy next year you have him for 6 years. PLUS.......playoff teams under the UNCAPPED YEAR, aren't able to sign free agents (it's the rule look it up)!!!! So, NE is looking ahead and looking how to add players next offseason since they are PROBABLY a playoff team and see the writing on the wall that they won't be able to sign free agents.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 06, 2009 07:24AM

That is great news for Miami. Another NE shocker. His deal was up next year and he is going to be 30 this season. He can still play as he had 50 plus tackles and 8 sacks in 15 games.

That also means that NE will have 6 out of 11 new starters on defense this year and their rush defense and pass rush just got a lot worse.

Jarvis Green will take his place and he is 9 months older than RS.

Once again NE has two first round picks but they have not been drafting good in recent years. Lousy would be a better word.

I saw a very young and inexperienced OG from Cincy that just converted from DT pancake Brace a few weeks ago.

Maybe they use that top 5 pick (possibly number one overall) to take a real NT next year after Wilfork walks.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 06, 2009 07:29AM

Guys 2011 pick not 2010.

Date: September 06, 2009 07:31AM

Rumor is that NE will pick up Kendall Simmons (OG) to fill the roster spot.

.....................................................................................

Date: September 06, 2009 07:32AM

They did pick up Simmons, which is ok with me, because there already anemic defense just gave up some more blood.

Posted by: wayne ()
Date: September 06, 2009 07:47AM

Man they have lost a bunch of leadership in the past six months
Vrabel, Teddy, Harrison, and now this. Sooner or later it has to catch up with them and I don't see their replacements as upgrades.... Beautiful!!!!!!

Date: September 06, 2009 07:53AM

This is a great day, i guess they think that either Brady doesnt get hurt, and they have the offense to cover a horrible defense, or somone knows Brady will get hurt, and are looking twards the future. I'f i was Beli, i would trade Brady for a top qb, and first round pick next year.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 06, 2009 07:57AM

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: September 06, 2009 08:14AM

It is interesting that the Patsies have been player much more a 4-3 alignment this preseason. In fact, one game...they almost exclusively played a 4-3.

Seymour still has another good 5 years in the tank. I'm glad we don't have to face him twice a year anymore.

It is true that the Patsies haven't drafted especially well lately. Both Butler & Brace are on the 3rd team depth chart. They had multiple chances to draft Sean Smith.

Seymour is the type of player who demanded extra attention. There defense just got a little weaker.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2009 08:42AM

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2009 08:54AM

Date: September 06, 2009 11:51AM

Wow 20's, thats a little much maybe mid teens at best.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: September 06, 2009 12:13PM

By the time, they draft that pick, Randy Moss will have declined. In the meantime, the trade definitely hurts them now.

If the Raiders don't extend the contract, I wonder if the Patriots resign him later kind of like the Phins did with Taylor.

I am interested in seeing how the Patsie fans are reacting to this.

Date: September 06, 2009 12:15PM

Moss getting old, Brady getting old, ALL there running backs except Green are old, Most of there O-line are old. Man two years from now i cant wait to see what the "pat lovers" got to say about that team!

Date: September 06, 2009 12:16PM

If the Raiders don't sign him its the worst trade in NFL history. Hold onto the guy for a year??? When your that bad and nowhere near a contender. I think he has a new deal by next Sunday.

If its an uncapped year next year and the Pats make the playoffs, they are unable to sign free agents making it impossible for him to go back to New England

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 06, 2009 12:20PM

Time to start rooting for Oakland!

Date: September 06, 2009 12:21PM

LMAO

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: September 06, 2009 12:23PM

Patriots are loaded up on draft picks. They can afford to trade for them. Their philosophy has been to get a mix of vets and young guys, and keep building up the roster. And don't forget they snatch vets from other teams when they need them, to fill in holes, like they did with Welker.

Date: September 06, 2009 03:37PM

I am telling you...the clock is about to strike midnight for Cinderella!

This next ten years is the decade of the Dolphin!

Date: September 06, 2009 06:23PM

LMAO.

Date: September 07, 2009 04:34AM

Date: September 07, 2009 06:02AM

DolphinSam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.... Now our
> NT search is forced to extend to 2010, ...

I'm not convinced we are in some major search for an NT. It's a rotation position for us. Obviously, it is a rare position that can be developed.

Soliai has made great strides this offseason. J. Ferg could squeeze out another year because of not being an overweight pig. Starks could fill in as a #3 option.

If Ferguson retires, I expect Soliai to be the main stay for a few more years. I also expect us to add a youngster in the draft...but, not necessarily a 1st day pick.

As far as Brace, he's back on the depth chart behind the undrafted Mike Wright. I do expect Wilfork to leave next year if the Patsies continue their trend in moving to a 4-3 base defense.

Date: September 07, 2009 06:08AM

How is Brace that far back? I don't know if that's accurate, I want to look at their depth chart, later maybe.

I do think NT is a priority for us, and even in this past draft, the FO indicated that the picks did not go exactly as they planned, they planned on getting another guy. It could have been Brace.

confused smiley

Date: September 07, 2009 06:28AM

DolphinSam Wrote:
...the FO indicated that the picks
> did not go exactly as they planned, they planned
> on getting another guy. It could have been Brace.

I seriously doubt that...the whole reason we reached on PAT WHITE was because we didn't believe he would be there at the end of the 2nd round. And then being able to land Sean SMITH...the Trifecta had to be really happy w/ the top three selections.

Maybe they were talking about the TE that Baltimore selected in the 5th.

Ferguson is an excellent NT. He would be the model size/weight/strength ratio that this regime likes (6'3 - 312). And he was only a 7th rounder.

Soliai problems has been his weight/strength/mentality. He seems to have developed nicely...but, still is a little on the heavy side.

As far a Brace, his back problems related to his weight...and marginal effort in pursuit would have been a red flag for our talent evaluators.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 07, 2009 06:47AM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 07, 2009 07:16AM

Jim B Wrote:
> I seriously doubt that...the whole reason we
> reached on PAT WHITE was because we didn't believe
> he would be there at the end of the 2nd round.
> And then being able to land Sean SMITH...the
> Trifecta had to be really happy w/ the top three
> selections
I'm sure they're happy with Smith, but we have yet to see much from the other 2. I'm confident that Vontae Davis will come around and be a starter in this league for a long time. Will he be a Pro-Bowler? Time will tell. As for White, I wonder if the Trifecta is disappointed with him. He hasn't shown much in Pre-Season, and I can't believe Sparano is saving him for the regular season. I would still like to see us use him more for his athleticism than his QB skills. He'll always be a threat to pass, but I'd like to see him in the slot at WR. The offensive possibilities would be endless!

> Soliai problems has been his
> weight/strength/mentality. He seems to have
> developed nicely...but, still is a little on the
> heavy side.
>
William Perry was pretty good and HEAVY at NT. Soliai's issue is his stamina. Can he hold the weight confortably. He's got the stength, and he seems to be coming around mentally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2009 07:20AM by montequi.

Date: September 08, 2009 02:44PM

Seymour has not reported to Oakland yet. Wants new contract.

Date: September 08, 2009 03:26PM

word is he wants a new contract from new england and the Pats are done with him not trying to back out of the trade.

He's stuck in Oakland now and he's gonna hate it and he's gonna get franchise tagged. And he's gonna be miserable

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 08, 2009 03:38PM

wow it must suck being a raiders fan. almost like it was here under the latter wanny/speilman years

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.