HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hillard and Roth
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Hillard and Roth
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 05, 2009 08:42AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hillard and Roth
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 05, 2009 08:44AM

I doubt he will get traded off of the PUP list. He'd have little value till he can show on the field that he's healthy and productive.

Date: September 05, 2009 08:49AM

His value would be what he showed last year. If he has recovered after 3 or 4 weeks and could pass a physical, than I can see a lot of teams trading for him when he comes off the list.

I'd be happy if we got a 4th rounder for him.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 05, 2009 08:52AM

no trade value with one year remaining and injured.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: September 05, 2009 10:13AM

Are you thinking clearly? Trade Roth, after Tayler who is on the cusp of retirement, for at best a 4th rounder? Man i hope that wont happen.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: September 05, 2009 01:20PM

Anyonknow how Roth got injured....I read it was not during practice or preseason game.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 05, 2009 01:26PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 05, 2009 06:01PM

I could see Roth coming back and competing at SILB.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 06, 2009 07:34AM

RUMOR said on WQAM is Roth is 100% fine. He wanted the Fins to cut him, so he could go out sign as a free agent and get a NEW CONTRACT.

Miami didn't cut him, put him on PUP, and Roth is pissed. Roth feels if he plays this year, he will share time with JT and Roth will have so-so numbers. Meaning when he is a free agent NEXT year he will get a crappy deal. If Roth sits out the entire year, he is a free agent next year and new teams will look at his 2008 numbers, which were very good.... and he can sign a new deal off of those numbers.

I don't think Matt Roth plays a game this year for the Dolphins unless Miami gives him a new contract.

Date: September 06, 2009 07:42AM

I think this story is bogus. No way a guy like Roth, after the success a team had in one year would do this, he doesnt have the stats to warrant a high quality signing, and would just be plain stupid, and arrogant to believe otherwise. His best bet would be to put in a solid year of work, and then after this year get signed big, especialy if the Dolphins go deep, and win the superbowl.

Date: September 06, 2009 07:43AM

However the Phins could trade him, if this turn's out to be true. At least get somthing for nothing.

Date: September 06, 2009 08:05AM

who the hell is gonna trade for an injured player??? Or go along with his "act" that he's injured when he really isn't.

NO team in their right mind at least.

Date: September 06, 2009 08:07AM

how can he put in a solid years work if he is now splitting time this year with JT???? That is his dilema. He would rather be on the market on LAST years numbers getting 100% of playing time. Then THIS years numbers with only 50-75% of the playing time.

Roth's agent is very smart here. He is going to get his client the BEST deal possible for him. Damn the Dolphins in the process. Which is a shame

Date: September 06, 2009 08:10AM

Date: September 06, 2009 08:14AM

Date: September 06, 2009 08:15AM

The opinion is Roth is maybe the most underpaid player in the entire league. He signed a HORRIBLE rookie deal. Only is getting paid like $560,000 or so. Which is a gross underpayment for a starting OLB in this league with his numbers.

Roth's agent (who's top priority is getting his client the best deal) feels this is the best way to go about it.

We will see. Omar Kelly takled about this on WQAM. IF true, which I think it is, then Roth has huge balls to try and pull off a move like this.

Date: September 06, 2009 09:03AM

Date: September 06, 2009 09:04AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 06, 2009 11:11AM

Underpaid and underachieving. He was good last year but he has no leverage to get a better deal when JT is on the roster. It makes no sense.

I find it hard to believe there is some conspiracy going on but then again he has the biggest idiot in the world for an agent.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 06, 2009 11:11AM

that idiot agent is why this RUMOR might very well be true. He has pulled crap scams out of his butt before and gotten what he wanted

Date: September 06, 2009 11:32AM

MIKE STOP TAKING EVERYTHING OMAR "THE RETARD" SAYS TO HEART!!!!! STOP IT YOU LOOK WORST THAN MEAN POSTING THAT STUFF!

Date: September 06, 2009 11:43AM

your right, why trust Omar. He's only the MOST CONNECTED Dolphins beat reporter today in the business. Everything he has reported thus far has been true all preseason. Yep, he's making stuff up now to amuse himself and we should be listening to you and your love notes about Brady Quinn being "ripped" and your man-love for him

Date: September 06, 2009 11:44AM

I'll show my man love for you if you keep posting Omars opinions.

Date: September 06, 2009 06:47PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 06, 2009 06:55PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he's that good, and that underpaid, even if we
> cut him SOMEONE was going to pick up that bargin
> contract for this year. He was NEVER going to be
> a free agent.
>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, if we cut him we'd be liable for any guaranteed money on his contract and he'd immediately be a FA able to sign with any team for any contract. So, whatever contract he had with Miami would be null and void, except for the guaranteed money we already paid him.

Date: September 06, 2009 07:04PM

Date: September 06, 2009 07:20PM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 07, 2009 07:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.