HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Alex Marvez is saying....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Alex Marvez is saying....
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 23, 2009 02:25AM

Alex Marvez was on WQAM and Marvez said the adding of all of these celebrity minority owners will drive Bill Parcells to leave the Dolphins at the end of the season. Parcells has $12 mill on the table where if he quits he can just take $12 mill and walk. And the adding of these celebrity minority owners and turning the franchise into a VH1 Reality Show will drive Parcells to leave.

That is Alex Marvez saying this and getting this info from whatever sources he has.

Time will tell and we will see..........

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alex Marvez is saying....
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:45AM

I agree that these celebrety owners are beyond lame but parcells was going to be gone after this season regardless. He was never going to stay the full 3 years. I'm just glad he stayed 2 and left us in great shape! Frankly, he'd be stupid not to leave after this year--wouldn't you take $12 million *not* to work?

Date: August 23, 2009 05:55AM

Parcells only promised Wayne H he would only stay for 2 full drafts. The fact he gets a $12 mill check after this year IF he walks, makes it all but a done deal he is walking I think.

He never stays in the same place too long to begin with. I think the "celeb owner" thing just makes his decision easier

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 23, 2009 06:16AM

Sounds like drama to me.

I seriously doubt Parcells cares about any less than 1% owner. The only thing I could see him concerned about on the marketing end of the team is to get the stadium full.

A full stadium gives the home team an advantage. We haven't had that type of effect since the Orange bowl.

Like they pointed out last night, Danny Thomas was the first Celebrity owner of the Miami Dolphins. The difference from then to today is that he actually stood down on the sideline.

If more celebrity ownership can bring in more fans, so-be-it. Just has long as the football minds...Sparano and company...have the freedom to run the show (which they clearly do).

Marvez is just stirring the pot. And that's what he gets paid to do.

No one would want to invest in the Dolphins if it did not give them a return. On the business side of this, the Dolphins seem to have a bright future.

Ross owns a greater percentage of the team then he did last year. He is committed to allowing the football minds make the football decisions. If he wants to outreach his stock in such a way to fill the seats, I say More Power to him.

Date: August 23, 2009 12:51PM

I like it when people say reporters "get paid to stir the pot".

No they don't. They get paid to report. And if people (aka...FANS) dont like what is being reported they blame the reporter!!!! lol...insane logic.

I'm sure Alex Marvez and the hundreds of other reporters wake up everyday and say to themselves....how can I stir the pot today and upset people. give me a break

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 23, 2009 02:31PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 23, 2009 04:30PM

He is making his claim for the HOF and won't jeopardize that IMO. I think he finishes the job. He has full control over football operations. Like he said. He will leave when the staff is ready to be on there own.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:57PM

1. Marvez is not exactly a great source.
2. I'm less concerned about Parcells leaving and more concerned about Tony S or Ireland leaving.
3. I think the only one who likes to stir the pot more than Marvez is Mikey.

Date: August 24, 2009 12:35AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. Marvez is not exactly a great source.
> 2. I'm less concerned about Parcells leaving and
> more concerned about Tony S or Ireland leaving.
> 3. I think the only one who likes to stir the pot
> more than Marvez is Mikey.

here we go. Turn a nice thread around and make it about me. Isn't it time for you to write another Insincere apology now. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: August 24, 2009 05:54AM

While I'd be disappointed if Parcells left, I think Sparano and Ireland will do just fine.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 24, 2009 06:01AM

I don't need to make it about me, you've made it about yourself. Everyone knows that Marvez is a hack, and nearly everyone that has responded to you mentions how Marvez likes to "stir the pot". So you are either ignorant of Marvez and too arrogant to accept the advice of your fellow Dolfans to let this obvious BS article go, or you want to "stir the pot" as well. Either way, its on you, Mikey.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 24, 2009 07:06AM

Stirring the pot for a reporter is a good thing....the bigger the story, the better off they are. If they can create some controversy, they will darn sure try. Even if it involves speculation.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 24, 2009 08:13AM

Here's stirring the pot. In a report from the Daily Dolpins, Incumbiant kicker Dan Carpenter had sex with Britney Spears at the Hampton resort in Mimai.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 24, 2009 08:20AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's stirring the pot. In a report from the
> Daily Dolpins, Incumbiant kicker Dan Carpenter had
> sex with Britney Spears at the Hampton resort in
> Mimai.

So what.....???

Can a man crack some chicks cherry without all the fuzz. Not that it was uncracked before...you know

I don't see nothing wrong with it smiling smiley

Date: August 24, 2009 08:33AM

Lol is there even a daily dolphins paper?

Date: August 24, 2009 11:14AM

Date: August 24, 2009 05:05PM

Well congratulations Mikeo, you just took over the punch line bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.