Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          This to me is one of the funniest things ive read in awhile!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
This to me is one of the funniest things ive read in awhile!
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:20PM

Do you think Pat White will get any time behind the first-team o-line? Don't you think it's a little unfair to judge the guy and label him "skittish" when he's being protected by a bunch of scrubs that flop more quickly than the French did in WWII?

Posted by: Pitying the Patcat
LMAO priceless!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This to me is one of the funniest things ive read in awhile!
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:27PM

Those scrubs he's playing behind may be third string but they are better than anyone he played with at WV.

We are all rooting for Pat White to succeed but do you have anything else to bring to the table other than a set of WHITE pom poms?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 21, 2009 10:01PM

Ah my friend. You engage in a common fallacy concerning the French in WWII. It was not so much their courage or fighting ability but their foolish that led to the quick and humiliating defeat to the Germans in WWII. The French had unquestionably at the time the best army in the world. But they foolishly relied on Swiss neutrality. Their protection against a German invasion was 1) the sea on the west shared with England, 2) the inpenetrable Ardienne Forest 3) the heavily fortified Maginot Line which fortified the border with Germany and 4) the country of Switzerland whose neutrality all had hereto respected.

German simply marched through Switzerland (obviously the Swiss had no army to stop them) into France without disturbing a hair on any Swiss head and cut the French defenses into halves and captured Paris in Six Weeks.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 22, 2009 03:44AM

Pat White is going to get work in the 2nd half, before Henne. So we'll see some more of him. Honestly, my concern is that he's like Lemon and just too small. And when I watched him run down the field on one play like he's used to in college, he got hammered, and the announcers mentioned that he should slide next time. I think Tebo will be your ideal wildcat QB because he's sturdy. I just don't think White will have the impact in the NFL that many hope for. But he has his chance, it will be a fair chance, and I wish him the best.

The french did not give up, if they did, what was the famous "french resistance" about? It's simple to import soldiers to another shore to fight hitler, while hearth and home remain safe, americans go to movies and rosie the riveter is busy with the war effort...but imagine what it would be like for an overwhelming german army, with all their tanks and machinery, all superior at the time, march right through main street? What if "fighting" back meant that your wife, children, mother and elderly father would be slaughtered in the streets, your home demolished, and your fields burned? Facing overwhelming odds, the best course of action was to accept the occupation and undermine it from within.

Posted by: opus ()
Date: August 22, 2009 05:08AM

Date: August 22, 2009 05:35AM

why are we talking about ww2?

Posted by: opus ()
Date: August 22, 2009 08:21AM

chadpennington4ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why are we talking about ww2?

Sorry about the thread jack sad smiley Just a history fan as well as a Phins fan smiling smiley

Date: August 22, 2009 08:45AM

Um the French didnt want there "Effile Tower" to get blown up, also the MAG line is possible the dumbest thing ever constructed? LOL the French ran for there lives to preserve there cities. WWHOOOO THE FRENCH RESISTANCE. lol i didnt write what was writtin, just passing along. But Pat White is going to do alot more than you think. 6'00 is perfect for running not to big, not to small, he has been doing it for all of his football days, so its not like he isnt used to it. Yes Tim Tebow would be better suited, but we will be ok.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2009 08:49AM

Date: August 22, 2009 08:52AM

Seriously though, WW2 is my favorite history subject. I have no problem discussing what happend in ww2. And am confident that if you want to do some discussions about ww2, then make a thread and i will school you.

Date: August 22, 2009 08:55AM

chadpennington4ever Wrote:
> why are we talking about ww2?

Didn't you notice the title of the thread "funniest things ive read in awhile!"?

At first I though the use of "awhile" after a preposition was funny. Then I started laughing out loud when Thunder started blaming the O-Line for Pat White's happy feet. But the gut buster was reading about how the Germans marched through Switzerland in WWII. Yes, probably the funniest thing I've read in "awhile".

Date: August 22, 2009 09:02AM

smiling smiley I KNEW I WOULD GENERATE SOME KICKS winking smiley

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 22, 2009 09:36AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2009 10:38AM by samsam3738.

Date: August 22, 2009 09:56AM

Godwin's law.

Date: August 22, 2009 10:22AM

Thunders law!

Date: August 22, 2009 09:12PM

Date: August 23, 2009 10:26AM

Posted by: midderUK ()
Date: August 23, 2009 01:10PM

The Germans didn't have to go through Switzerland to avoid the Maginot Line as the french were too stupid to build it all along the border with Germany.They thought the Ardennes forest would act as a natural defence which as we know from later in 1944 they massed 2 armies and attacked the lightly defended areas in the battle of the bulge.By the way im a big Dolphins Fan from the UK been a fan since 1983 since watching them lose to the Redskins in super bowl 17.Any way heres to the playoffs with a 10-6 record, a breakout year for Ted Ginn, beating the Jets and breaking Sanchez in two,beating the cheating Pats home and away and hopefully winning a playoff game

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: August 23, 2009 03:28PM

The French Army............What's that? eye popping smiley

Date: August 23, 2009 04:04PM

LMAO THE FRENCH!!

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: August 23, 2009 06:46PM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 24, 2009 08:45AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
> German simply marched through Switzerland
> (obviously the Swiss had no army to stop them)

The Swiss technically do have an army, with compulsory service I believe. But they have no Army that would stop anyone much less the Germans at their strongest. They do however, have nifty pocket knives and some very snazzy uniforms.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 24, 2009 08:47AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:

>
> I know this is off topin and JC will close it
> soon, but what the heck...winking smiley
>
>

Well, not yet! Nobody is thoroughly insulting each other yet. Except for the French military prowess (or lack thereof). So far it looks to me to be all true, honh honh honh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.