HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL.com rewind
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL.com rewind
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 16, 2009 06:59AM

Does anyone subscribe to this?

In case you don't know, it is a package that gives you access to all NFL games (after they are played) dating back to the 2008 season. It sounds like a good way to watch the Dolphins preseason games even if it is after the fact.

Problem for me is I am still running Windows 2000 Pro and it is not a supported software.

I just moved to a beach condo and can't have Directv (which sucks) so for the first time in 10 years I won't be able to watch all Dolphin games unless I go to the local pub on gameday.

I am thinking of getting a Directv Satgo. A portable satellite system that looks like a laptop computer. It is $500 though and then you still have to have the monthly service $50 mo, NFL ticket $300 and have to use it outside or have a direct southern view to locate the satellite.

For that price I could get season tickets but that is only good for 8 games (and a 3 hour drive).

I am so sick of cable & satlleite companies and their greed. Brighthouse cable does not even carry the NFL Network so I will miss those games too. Directv made an unauthorized withdrawal from my checking account for $300 and caused me to incur overdraft fees at $35 a pop. BS corporations that think they can do whatever they want. uggghhh!!

They are forcing me to drink smiling smiley because there is no way I can sit around and not go to the bar to watch the games. This year is definitely going to be a challenge.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL.com rewind
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 16, 2009 08:52AM

Date: August 16, 2009 01:09PM

Does it work with windows 2000? That's the problem I had with nfl.com packages.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 16, 2009 01:37PM

Not sure. i believe its run through DIRECTV and not NFL.com but don't hold me to that. I just know that is a way that works to get 2 people to see ALL the games with only paying for 1 Sunday ticket subscription

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 16, 2009 04:39PM

Just curious, but why you would want to go watch a game you prob already watched, knowing it means nothing without the superbowl win? I would find it like going to a candy store, watching that one piece, over and over again, but knowing you cant have it!

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 17, 2009 01:34PM

I haven't used it...but, I am considering it because I love to rewatch the games and sometimes the work schedule won't allow me to view the games live.

I would recommend that you upgrade your computer operating system to XP. You can get Home edition for around $90.

Date: August 17, 2009 02:08PM

WINDOWS 2000 LOL LIVE A LITTLE AND UPGRADE!!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 17, 2009 02:32PM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WINDOWS 2000 LOL LIVE A LITTLE AND UPGRADE!!!

Careful or you might end up with Vista! Upgrade to XP if you can. If not, stick with 2000!

Date: August 18, 2009 09:50AM

Ok...I just signed up for the everything deal at 40 bucks.

It's very querky. I have a good system w/ more than enough internet bandwidth...and when I first signed in to watch the quality was NOT acceptable.

So, I uninstalled Adobe flash and re-installed the latest version and signed back in and went full screen with last years Dolphins Vs Patsies game (wildcat Intro game)...and the quality sucked again.

But, after about 30 seconds or so...it became really good video at full screen. Yea! I'll test it some more and hope it stays that way. It seems like they are really skimping on the bandwidth. I have a 3MB pipeline and it only requires 2MB for high quality video.

It doesn't list the pre-season games...just regular season.

So now, my plan is to watch a justintv feed on gameday and then rewatch the game at higher quality after they put it up on Rewind.

Date: August 18, 2009 09:56AM

Give us a report later if you don't mind. That sucks about the preseason games because I could swear it advertises that it show them.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 18, 2009 10:10AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Just curious, but why you would want to go watch a
> game you prob already watched, knowing it means
> nothing without the superbowl win?

We watch the games over and over because we are dolphin fans. I personally watched every win last year over and over in my free time on the NFL NETWORK ON DEMAND........

I would find it
> like going to a candy store, watching that one
> piece, over and over again, but knowing you cant
> have it!

Only one team wins the superbowl every year......I don't need the phins to win the superbowl for me to watch their games over and over and over.....Im a dolphin fan.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:30AM

I guess, but i know whats going to happen, so it takes the fun out of it for me. If i was going to play or coach then i totaly understand watching the games over.Now dont get me wrong, if we won the superbowl, then i would watch it over and over and over!!! Or a perfect season!!!

Date: August 18, 2009 11:03AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:14AM

JimB,

I considered getting the whole package but couldn't find the details to answer my questions such as

Is this access permanent? Five years from now, will you still be able to see the games from 2008 and 2009? Or can you only view them until this current season is over?

Is this a one-time fee only?

I'm leaning towards getting this, if nfl.com doesn't keep kicking me off the signup screen. Hell, $40 is a low price to pay just to see that game where we whipped the Patsies with the wildcat.

Please post more reports with your comments on the rewind product!
thanks

Date: August 18, 2009 11:17AM

yeah. it kicked me off too about 4 times when I tried to sign up.

Date: August 18, 2009 11:18AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> I guess, but i know whats going to happen, so it
> takes the fun out of it for me. If i was going to
> play or coach then i totaly understand watching
> the games over.Now dont get me wrong, if we won
> the superbowl, then i would watch it over and over
> and over!!! Or a perfect season!!!

Isn't watching a reg season replayed game the same thing as watching a replayed superbowl game........?

Date: August 18, 2009 11:24AM

eesti Wrote:
> yeah. it kicked me off too about 4 times when I
> tried to sign up.

LOL really? You dont' have a mac by chance, browsing with Safari? I was starting to think this was a PC compatibility thing.

Date: August 18, 2009 11:52AM

Hell no, the superbowl means everything to a season! LONG LONG AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY, there was a team that owned all, and ever since, the organization has never been the same.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 11:53AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 18, 2009 11:53AM

Date: August 18, 2009 05:20PM

JC Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > yeah. it kicked me off too about 4 times when I
> > tried to sign up.
>
>
> LOL really? You dont' have a mac by chance,
> browsing with Safari? I was starting to think
> this was a PC compatibility thing.

No. I have a pc but i do run firefox. It wouldn't take my credit card info but i have used it since so it's not the card.

Date: August 19, 2009 06:04AM

Jim B Wrote:
>
> My understanding is that the $40. fee allows me to
> access all regular season games of 2008 & 2009
> until the one year access subscription expires.
>
> ...

Yeah NFL.com finally emailed me back to say the subscription ends 1/3/10, which is the Sunday of week 17 according to nfl.com schedule page. That's kinda stupid. Not only is there no access to any playoff games, but no access to week 17 the day after those games! I guess one could re-new their subscription at that point for the 2009 archive, but the whole lack of playoff game access irks me a bit.

**ETA the fine print DOES say it includes access to postseason after all. Then why shut off the subscription before the postseason begins?!?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2009 06:05AM by JC.

Date: August 19, 2009 06:51AM

I was seen the phins jax replay on the NFL NETWORK yesterday and they cut off the game to broadcast bretts famous signing with the vickings...

I'm sick of this guy already. Too bad we do not play the vickings this year. I would had loved to kick his butt again!

And now he is saying his 10 year old daughter told him not to quit...

I'm sick of this crap.

Date: August 19, 2009 02:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.